• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$5 in SYWR to Redeem at Sears or Kmart (Targeted Email) YMMVTITLE of the Email is: Free up your valuable time : Free shipping on millions of items with MAX 

Get an instant $5 in points (5,000 points).*
Here's how!
• Make an online purchase.
• Redeem any amount of your current points.
• Unlock an extra $5 in points (5,000 points) on that purchase!

Ta-da! $5 in points for that purchase!

Hurry! These points are valid 10/26/2013 - 10/28/2013.
Points will apply automatically toward your online purchase
at http://www.sears.com  or http://www.kmart.com .
Happy Shopping!  are typically sent out every Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.

Sears
Need a Sears coupon that earns 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Kmart.com
Need a Kmart.com coupon that earns 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Ship shape (32.81kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

crappy Sears. thanks for the post, but Sears sucks

I usually ignore the Sears emails, but I used this to buy 2 memory foam bath mats for ~$11 plus tax.  The mats were $9 each less a 10% code shown on the product page less the $5 in points.  You could buy one mat for ~$3.  Just picked them up and they're decent for the price.
Link to Bath Mat  

thnaks , would have missed it

rj888 said:   crappy Sears. thanks for the post, but Sears sucks
  No, they don't.

I got the email but mine doesn't have the extra $5.00. I checked because it would have been easy enough to miss it. Thanks anyway OP.

Any idea how they target the customers?

IndianInUSA said:   Any idea how they target the customers?
  Based on what I've heard: I think it's totally random..

Thanks, I haven't checked my account in a long time and I have $22 worth of points. Now I need a hot deal to buy.

I take it SYWR's computer is smart enough to not allow the bonus to be used at LandsEnd.com. Iirc, I tried once, unsuccessfully.

Gonna check out the bath mats. My mom needs one whether she thinks it or not. Thanks!

Checked and had 5000 limited time bonus points in both of my SYWR accounts.  So, one had 5000 total, and one 20000.

I spent 5000 from the account that had 20000, and it did not subtract the limited time bonus points.  The account ended up being 15000 with 10000 expiring after one year.  Unless I am missing something, there is no way to spend only the limited time bonus points, so the only way to use the bonus is to spend all you have.

On the plus side, the account that only had the 5000 bonus points was under this offer...

Here's how!

► Make a Tools purchase.

► Redeem any amount of your current points.

► Unlock an extra $5 in surprise points (5,000 points) on that purchase!

Ta-da! $5 savings in surprise points!

So, I spent 5000 and then ended with 5000 again. Very good.

JiggleTheHandle said:    Unless I am missing something, there is no way to spend only the limited time bonus points, so the only way to use the bonus is to spend all you have.

When checking out, when you click on "redeem shop your way points"... You will then see "change points" in that area in blue text color.  You can change the points to whatever you want at that point.

lordoffire said:   
  No, they don't.

YES, they do.

tracfancier said:   
lordoffire said:   
  No, they don't.

YES, they do.

Well they have given me quite a bit of free stuff. You on the other hand have sent me nothing.

Checked my account and nothing.

Dano

Checked my account and there was an unexplained $5 worth of points. It does not appear to have an expiring date on those points like the free points they give out sometime.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014