• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

ASUS Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet
Disclaimer
Listed under "used," and it's fulfilled by "Amazon Warehouse Deals." Sounds like they might be scratch-and-dent returns, based on the item description, but that's just a guess.

1. Go to†http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DB3SH2G†††††
2. Click on "91†used†††††from†$69.00"
3. Scroll down, it's showing as the 4th item for me but it may vary based on your settings.

The description says the tablets are repackaged and there's minor cosmetic damage to the top, front, or sides - so the glass should be fine, based on what it says. Standard 30-day return policy applies. No mention of balance of manufacturer's warranty.

Note that when I first looked up the item it showed about $119, then it dropped to about $118 as I was typing this, so it may keep fluctuating.

This is as cheap as or cheaper than lots of comparable gray-market Chinese tablets, but for a name brand. Looks like a good deal if you want a genuine Nexus from a reputable source, but don't care how pretty the case is.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

16GB

This is real cheap. Top hardware, top software at throwaway price.

OP - please note the deal as USED on listing heading and don't make it sound like refurb unless Amazon clearly states as such.

Watch for cracked screen description.

Yeah, as with any used/repackaged goods, and with deals in general, it's important to read the description.

The non-Amazon fulfilled ones that are cheaper mention cracked screens, but I've been refreshing the page periodically over the past couple days, and so far the Warehouse Deals Nexus 7 has always said it only has cosmetic damage to the body. And Amazon tends to be reputable enough that I'd expect them to mention if the screen is cracked.

all android devices experience falling rock speed de-valuation, very sad compare to apple stuff.

Well, that's partially because there are so many more manufacturers and devices on the market. It can be good for the consumer, because you can get a powerful and useful device for a lot less money, compared to an iDevice.

The 2013 Nexus 7 may be more powerful than the 2012, but the 2012 can still do all the same stuff as the 2013.

If you think about it, it's still pretty amazing we can get a Star Trek computing experience for so little money. $120 for a device that can give you all of humanity's present-day knowledge is a pretty amazing feat. And an iPad, while also an impressive device, doesn't really do more than a Nexus, it just does things differently.

argentum said:   all android devices experience falling rock speed de-valuation, very sad compare to apple stuff.
† They are not overpriced to start with and newer models with upgraded features @ the same price †dictates the lower price. † The Nexus 7 is a top notch device and at this price it's a steal.

ipchemist said:   Watch for cracked screen description.
† This is Warehouse Deals, Amazon's returned products/purchased used arm, which generally does not sell unusable merchandise. To be distinguished from 3rd party sellers that may be using Fulfillment by Amazon. I'd be quite surprised if something showed up with a cracked screen from Warehouse Deals.

They will take it back in any event if it fails within 30 days. I've bought hundreds of $ worth of stuff from Warehouse Deals. Rarely have I been disappointed.

argentum said:   all android devices experience falling rock speed de-valuation, very sad compare to apple stuff.
† I dont buy stuff just to retain its value...I buy stuff that is affordable and that will give me the bang for the buck.

Received my Nexus 7 from this deal yesterday and it's in perfect condition. I have bought a few things from Amazon Warehouse and have always been 100% happy. Even when they list it as used and not refurbished, or even with possible blemishes, I always get something that look opened but brand new. Well worth it.

I've been following the pricing, and they still have plenty of Warehouse Deals tablets, though the price has been about $130-$136 - $12+ more than the initial deal. Occasionally, a "Like New" tablet pops up.

Still a good deal, if you need one right now and can't wait until Black Friday/Xmas.

† What's very sad is the same foolish people that over-value Apple products to begin with continue to inflate the price even for older models.
actionjbone said:   I've been following the pricing, and they still have plenty of Warehouse Deals tablets, though the price has been about $130-$136 - $12+ more than the initial deal. Occasionally, a "Like New" tablet pops up.

Still a good deal, if you need one right now and can't wait until Black Friday/Xmas.

† Just an okay deal IMO for a used, previous generation product.†

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014