• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Concealed Carry Academy Online Course (70% off) + Freebies $29

http://www.gearhog.com/

Deal Overview
The online course fulfills the training requirements for Virginia. This permit allows you to carry concealed in dozens of states. 

Currently, Virginia has reciprocity with Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia, and Wyoming. But remember, reciprocity can change so make sure and double-check that your state honors Virginia's permit.

ConcealedCarryAcademy.com

This course consists of a training video that is less than 90 minutes long, and is followed by a simple 20-question quiz. Although 99% of people pass the quiz on their first try, those who don't, get to take the quiz again for free.

Once the video and quiz are completed, you'll be emailed your training certificate for Virginia.

Included with the course:
* Free copy of my book, The Covert Guide to Concealed Carry: Confessions of a Former CIA Officer 
* Free 108-Point Home Security Checklist:
* Free Defensive Pistol targets to help you become a better shooter
* Special Report: 30-Day Urban Survival Guide: What you need to know to be self-sufficient for 30 days.
* Special Report: Simple Home Defense Secrets That Could Save Your Life. 
* Special Report: 7 Ways to Keep Your Family Safer This Year
* Free Expert Witness Voucher, where I will be an expert witness in your case for free if you ever have to use a gun to defend yourself. 

Member Summary

gear hog logo
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thanks


Drat, it isn't good in NY.

Useless in Michigan because of the required range time.

Tequila477 said:   Useless in Michigan because of the required range time.
  and I don't think that's a bad thing!  not that the hands-on course gives you much time with the gun, but come on...and online concealed carry course?  that just seems a little too lax.  maybe university of phoenix will start offering it also.

This just made me do a lot of googling! I'm still not certain if a resident of NC can use a non-resident CCP from any state if they are a resident of NC. I found a law that is attempting to be passed that would make all non-resident CCPs invalid though that was submitted this January. Hmm... May be worth just getting the NC one for a little more cash to be safe.

This deal is $30 for class plus $100 for license/fingerprinting through VA. = $130
NC is about $75 for a class and $90 for license/fingerprinting through NC. = ~$165

Another plus is in the NC class, I would learn all the state specific laws of where I can/cannot carry, when you can use deadly force, etc.

i know there is a school outside of Vegas, in Pahrump (over the hump) that gives you 3 CCW's, which covers something like 40 odd states with reciprocity. And as they advertised it, quite awhile ago i saw it, it didn't seem like you needed to reside in any particular state at all. no time to pull it up atm, but will check later.

Can anyone say for sure if it will work for north Carolina or not.

cbkcc100 said:   i know there is a school outside of Vegas, in Pahrump (over the hump) that gives you 3 CCW's, which covers something like 40 odd states with reciprocity. And as they advertised it, quite awhile ago i saw it, it didn't seem like you needed to reside in any particular state at all. no time to pull it up atm, but will check later.
  That would be Frontsight.  They are GTG

State of Texas website shows a reciprocity agreement with Virginia. As I understand this you are receiving a CCL from Virginia that would be good in the state of Texas without the required range time, unlike what would be required in a Texas based course.

FYI - Virginia does not have reciprocity with Missouri, meaning they no longer honor Missouri permits. However, Missouri still honors Virginia permits.

​This is a good resource. 

Shananigans said:   This just made me do a lot of googling! I'm still not certain if a resident of NC can use a non-resident CCP from any state if they are a resident of NC. I found a law that is attempting to be passed that would make all non-resident CCPs invalid though that was submitted this January. Hmm... May be worth just getting the NC one for a little more cash to be safe.

This deal is $30 for class plus $100 for license/fingerprinting through VA. = $130
NC is about $75 for a class and $90 for license/fingerprinting through NC. = ~$165

Another plus is in the NC class, I would learn all the state specific laws of where I can/cannot carry, when you can use deadly force, etc.

  
I HIGHLY recommend getting a resident permit (though NC). However, according to this NC Honors All Other States Permit/Licenses. As always, check your laws though - don't trust it to be true just because nomonies said it on fatwallet.

just CALLED MY LOCAL POLICE DEP AND IT IS GOOD FOR NC

spanky42 said:   
Tequila477 said:   Useless in Michigan because of the required range time.
  and I don't think that's a bad thing!  not that the hands-on course gives you much time with the gun, but come on...and online concealed carry course?  that just seems a little too lax.  maybe university of phoenix will start offering it also.

  In KY, the hands-on part really is a joke.  If you can't hit the target, your instructor will do it for you.  Making people pass a very easy skills test is pointless IMHO.  Could even be dangerous if someone passes the test and then thinks that they are competent with a gun.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014