• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.amazon.com/Guide-to-Trapping-ebook/dp/B0050HYRJI  

Trapping has become somewhat of a lost art, but interest in the sport is as strong as ever thanks to a stable fur market and a growing need to control mammal populations or remove nuisance animals. In Guide to Trapping, Jim Spencer covers strategies for successfully harvesting popular species such as raccoon, muskrat, mink, otter, beaver, coyote, gray fox, red fox, bobcat, skunk, and opossum. His entertaining and informative writing will appeal to trappers of all levels. Spencer discusses trap styles and the basics of establishing and working a trapline, including techniques for fastening and adjusting traps and a species-by-species review of trapping tactics for the country s most pursued furbearers. The field-tested techniques, carefully explained and illustrated, will help trappers make sets that deliver maximum results.

also:

Survival Trapping - Passive hunting for your next meal [Kindle Edition]
http://www.amazon.com/Survival-Trapping-Passive-hunting-ebook/dp/B00FNKN9LE

This book details constructing, setting, baiting traps and all the finer details of what to do with your catch as well as a solid primer on basics of backwoods day to day skills. Easy to grasp and illustrated on the finer points of woodsman ship this is a great reference manual to throw in the go bag or stash in the cabin. Here is the information that never goes out of date and can keep you warm dry and fed if you put it into practice…. Inside you’ll find… 
•    Instruction on crafting cabins and make shift shelters 
•    How to build boats and canoes 
•    Food preparation and making utensils 
•    How to construct dead falls 
•    Building gun traps of various types 
•    Archery traps and selecting the best materials for their construction 
•    Downfall traps 
•    Bear traps 
•    Pitfalls/tiger traps 
•    Net traps for catching flying prey 
•    Snares and how to find martials in the field to construct them 
•    How to cover your own scent so that your trap will not be detected by wildlife 
•    Setting live capture traps 
•    Selecting fishing spears 
•    Skinning and tanning techniques plus hide stretching 
•    Infield natural bug repellants 
•    Fire starting 
•    And much, much more…. 

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Guide to Trapping (19.12kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

Survival Trapping (13.18kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

Nice find remick.  Hope he has a chapter on how NOT to trap a skunk!

Thanks op, can't beat that price.

Sweet! Maybe I can read this and learn how to trap whatever freaking ate the tomatoes in my garden!

That's all good and well, but please please please, if you decide to take this up, don't be lazy and not check your traps. That's just wrong. 

busyryan said:   That's all good and well, but please please please, if you decide to take this up, don't be lazy and not check your traps. That's just wrong. 

But if you forget, the hawks and friendly neighborhood cats could always clean up after you

Now I just gotta remember to have my Kindle with me when I get shipwrecked...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014