• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was in market for some power pliers recently and found these 2 very nice sets at a steal price:
Kobalt Locking Pliers 3PC Set      6.99 (from 19.98)      (very similar set onsale at 14.88 down from 19.98 at HD)
Kobalt Tongue and Groove Pliers 3PC Set         7.98 (from 19.98)   (very similar set goes at 24.99 at HD)

If you see high price for your zip code, do not give up, check the next store.
2 out of 3 stores near me have these clearance price while one shows original.

There is another pliers set also half price that you may consider, I do not know what is special about it though:
Kobalt 2PC Magnum Grip Pliers        9.99 (down from 19.98)

Lowe's
See Lowe's discounts that earn Up to 2.25% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Tools (10.73kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

Nice find. Green for U OP.

Green! ive had no problem with Kobalt tools although Ive not owned many because all the craftsman deals and SYWR

what ZIP has the sale price, please?
Thanks!!!

packrat007 said:   what ZIP has the sale price, please?
Thanks!!!

01701 for the locking set, 01581 for the groove set. I actually have quite a few nearby stores showing the 'good' price. test ones near your home.

Showing 9.98 on the tongue/groove set at a random store in Dallas. Will check further.

Thanks, OP!

Magnum grip SUCKS. Half the time they don't lock on a bolt correctly, and you have to mess around with it to get it to work. Not worth the effort a good pair of channel locks can do the same thing.

I suppose I do more work on my homestead farm then most FWs, but I have only found Kobalt tools to be average. Worth the price, yes, but you get what you pay for. (I also complain about Craftsman tools that are made in China.) Read the reviews and you will see that others agree with me. I will say that these tools are fine for occasional use by a homeowner, but avoid Kobalt tools if your profession (or self sufficiency) relies on it.
Just my 2c,
George

GeorgeGarman said:   I suppose I do more work on my homestead farm then most FWs, but I have only found Kobalt tools to be average. Worth the price, yes, but you get what you pay for. (I also complain about Craftsman tools that are made in China.) Read the reviews and you will see that others agree with me. I will say that these tools are fine for occasional use by a homeowner, but avoid Kobalt tools if your profession (or self sufficiency) relies on it.
Just my 2c,
George

Hi George can you elaborate what brand are you comparing with and what is the weakness of cobalt/craftsman? Are you talking about brand in general or specifically the pliers? With them in hand, I can hardly imagine how would a pliers 'break' or 'malfunction', they are very heavy piece of iron. Both cobalt/craftsman comes with lifetime warranty on these hand tools, I am very curious why would a professional avoid them.

badrobot said:   Magnum grip SUCKS. Half the time they don't lock on a bolt correctly, and you have to mess around with it to get it to work. Not worth the effort a good pair of channel locks can do the same thing.

Good thing I did not get them, they do look kind of small and flimsy.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014