• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
MrVietnam said:   POSSIBLE DOUBLE DIP

I am seeing a possible double dip between the weekly Ghirardelli square pouches $2.99 (4.12-5.32oz), get $1 +UP, limit 4, and the Black Friday special (3.5-5.32oz) 2/$6, get $2 +UP (limit 4)  ?
Crossing fingers, don't wanna be greedy. Since the pouches are free with ipq anyways, it is worth trying out and not using your $2 coupons until the Black Friday sale period. So if the double dip worked you would be making $2 on every bag you bought (after $2 man Q and two +UP promotions) Limit 4 bags per Wellness card.

If the double dip works, you can get these free after +UPs even with no coupon.

Does you mean by buying 2 pouches, we should get:  $1, $1, $2 +UP (total of $4 +UP) while out of pocket $6 before any coupons?

mmyk72 said:   

I am seeing a possible double dip between the weekly Ghirardelli square pouches $2.99 (4.12-5.32oz), get $1 +UP, limit 4, and the Black Friday special (3.5-5.32oz) 2/$6, get $2 +UP (limit 4)  ?
Crossing fingers, don't wanna be greedy. Since the pouches are free with ipq anyways, it is worth trying out and not using your $2 coupons until the Black Friday sale period. So if the double dip worked you would be making $2 on every bag you bought (after $2 man Q and two +UP promotions) Limit 4 bags per Wellness card.

Does you mean by buying 2 pouches, we should get:  $1, $1, $2 +UP (total of $4 +UP) while out of pocket $6 before any coupons?

I made a mistake in my calculations. If the double dip works, even without any coupons you should be able to get 2 bags for $2 (that assumes you get $1, $1, $2 +UP back). So they wouldn't be free without any coupons but a buck a bag. If you used 2 $2 coupons on those two bags and the double dip worked, it would turn into a $2 MM. So if you maxed it out and bought 4 bags and had 4 $2 coupons you could make $4 given the double dip was working.

ahhh... no Rite Aid in Chicago area!

MrVietnam said:   
mmyk72 said:   

I made a mistake in my calculations. If the double dip works, even without any coupons you should be able to get 2 bags for $2 (that assumes you get $1, $1, $2 +UP back). So they wouldn't be free without any coupons but a buck a bag. If you used 2 $2 coupons on those two bags and the double dip worked, it would turn into a $2 MM. So if you maxed it out and bought 4 bags and had 4 $2 coupons you could make $4 given the double dip was working.

thanks! 

The problem with RA is that it's almost impossible to turn the +UP into cash, so you are forced to either roll it into another +UP deal or buy overpriced junk.  And given you cannot use the +UP that same day, it'd take another drive out to RA the following day(s) to use them up.... With gas at $3.40 per gallon, I'd be wasting at least 2 bucks on each subsequent trip just so I don't waste those +UPs..... Just my Rant about RA in general.

Deal report from a 24/7 store:

Good news! Ghirardelli Squares did double dip: 

$6 for 2 Ghirardelli Squares (3.5oz - 5.32oz)
- $4 (two $2 coupons)
- $2up (BF deal for buying 2)
- $1up (weekly deal for buying 1)
- $1up (weekly deal for buying 1)
$2 MM

Yardley coupon beeped for price for me. (got lavender & oatmeal and they rang up fine). Shea butter is not ringing up $1, so get the other ones.

Fergie Wet & Wild rings up $3.99 so it does not give Ups (my store did not have any of the Wet & Wild that give ups so I tried it)

Conair VV beeped when buying the brushes.

M&M $1/1 coupon beeped for the holiday plain bags (but are within the size requirements so it was pushed through)

Between my 3 and another customer's 3, we wiped out all of the Carmex in the store so stock was low there.

Softsoap Christmas Foaming Hand Soap did not ring up $0.95 (rang up $3+ for gold), but produced the $1up monthly.

not much stock in everything...

I got two of the Reach Access Flossers $2.39 with Gold. used 2x$1.00/1 Qs and got back my 4.00 ups and it also gave me a $1 off your next order cat!!

mmyk72 said:   And given you cannot use the +UP that same day, it'd take another drive out to RA the following day(s) to use them up.... That's why I have not done a +UP deal at RA in 2013. The hold on using +UPs until 6 AM (and the 2 week expiration) killed it for me.

2013 Wellness+ points = 0

Somehow my $100 gift card purchase of Gap/Old Navy didn't give back $20 +UP reward.
Need to follow up tomorrow. 1800RITEAID closed today.
$100 Home improvement card yielded +UP of $20 though

Has anyone tried the Craig Netbook for $79? It seems like OK specs and a good burn for my +Up bucks to give to my mother for basic web surfing.

The 2/$7 price for the popcorn tins and 2/$3 price for the cookie tins are dependent on you buying 2 or more. If you buy just one popcorn tin they will charge you $4.99 and if you buy just one cookie tin they will charge you $1.79.

Reach Dentotape is part of the reach deal (not listed in the ad, but tagged at my store and it worked) is one that also works for the $1/1 coupon from coupons.com. They also produce the $1 cat wyb 2. A good alternative if the access flossers are oos or you prefer real floss

MrVietnam said:   The 2/$7 price for the popcorn tins and 2/$3 price for the cookie tins are dependent on you buying 2 or more. If you buy just one popcorn tin they will charge you $4.99 and if you buy just one cookie tin they will charge you $1.79.
Sadly, this is the norm for RA these days.

I got 10 bags of Ghirardelli before. Since the supervisor had saved me 2 more bags of the dark chococlate sea salt caramel when they came in yesterday, I gave her one of the bags I purchased (milk chocolate, her preference not mine). I think she was sharing it with the other employees, so now they'll all like me .

A question for anyone familiar with RA: I have three individual +UP rewards (all expiring on the same date): one for $15, $3, and $3.

If I make a purchase for $16, will the $15 apply first? Or will the $3x2 apply and mess things up? Thanks.

Edit: Found out: it does apply the biggest coupon it can first. Thanks for the responses, folks!

Not sure. Buy $21 worth and get it done with. I would think it would take bigger one first

nm

Crazzzzy said:   A question for anyone familiar with RA: I have three individual +UP rewards (all expiring on the same date): one for $15, $3, and $3.

If I make a purchase for $16, will the $15 apply first? Or will the $3x2 apply and mess things up? Thanks.

This is why you have them switch you to paper +Up's!

The Rite Aid nuts and trail mix ring up with your discount. Their regular price was $1 at my store, so I got them for 80c (gold) and received the $1+UP. So a 20c moneymaker each!

MrVietnam said:   The Rite Aid nuts and trail mix ring up with your discount. Their regular price was $1 at my store, so I got them for 80c (gold) and received the $1+UP. So a 20c moneymaker each!
  Yup, sadly the limit was 2.

If you are doing the Home Improvement Card deal, no need to buy 2 $50 cards to max out on the offer. You can instead buy 1  $100 card if you like instead. You will receive your 2 $10 +UPs either way.

MrVietnam said:   The Rite Aid nuts and trail mix ring up with your discount. Their regular price was $1 at my store, so I got them for 80c (gold) and received the $1+UP. So a 20c moneymaker each!

Saw that this morning--good deal. That was also true for the Wyler's drink mix earlier this week.

Unfortunately I didn't make it to RA yesterday, so the store was "sold out" of the Carmex and Yardley, so no MM for me there. (Actually they had 2 of each, not enough for the +Up deals.)

MrVietnam said:   If you are doing the Home Improvement Card deal, no need to buy 2 $50 cards to max out on the offer. You can instead buy 2 $100 card if you like instead. You will receive your 2 $10 +UPs either way.

do you mean ONE $100 card?  I bought two $50's anyway...

psxzombie said:   
MrVietnam said:   If you are doing the Home Improvement Card deal, no need to buy 2 $50 cards to max out on the offer. You can instead buy 2 $100 card if you like instead. You will receive your 2 $10 +UPs either way.
  do you mean ONE $100 card?  I bought two $50's anyway...

Yes, sorry...typo. I meant to say ONE $100 card. I corrected my errant post.

While I was at Rite Aid at the Almond Roca display I saw coupons for $1 off 2 cans of Almond Roca and they don't expire until December 31, 2014. Be on the lookout for these and if you don't get to use them this year, they will be good through next year's Christmas season too. Brings down the price of the Almond Roca to $2.49 a can wyb 2 after man Q for a higher quality product.

Mr. Vietnam, have some $28 in +UP rewards, anything in the next week or so, to put this to best use?

dontcare4myname said:   Mr. Vietnam, have some $28 in +UP rewards, anything in the next week or so, to put this to best use?
  we bought a lot of Tide... found out coupons don't count towards $ minimum.

melachri said:   Unfortunately I didn't make it to RA yesterday, so the store was "sold out" of the Carmex and Yardley, so no MM for me there. (Actually they had 2 of each, not enough for the +Up deals.)
I got rain checks for both of them. And then I found Yardley soap at the last RA I hit around 6pm. They were at the top of glass shelves in the cosmetics section where we'd found the "Yes To" stuff a few weeks ago. I can only imagine that no one was looking there, since we found 9 bars. Even better, between that and some other stuff (like more pudding and nuts), I rolled most of my Up's from Thursday to get another couple of days to use them.

Also found the Reach flossers and got them for $2.39 each w/Gold. Very nice deal. The Catalina printed out as expected.

psxzombie said:   
dontcare4myname said:   Mr. Vietnam, have some $28 in +UP rewards, anything in the next week or so, to put this to best use?

What minimum? For the P&G gift card deal?

yea, I don't shop RA much, so I bought $30 worth of P&G items (after using coupons) for the $15 UP, that's what their terms seemed to me.

psxzombie said:   

Actually coupons do count towards a minimum purchase. They just go by the shelf price and then you can use coupons to get it down to as cheap as you can, but as long as the shelf prices of what you bought before coupons was over the threshold then you will get your +UP.

I'd expect the next two weeks to be slow with all the freebie/MM items in the BF ad. Most people will have a bunch of UP's to roll over the 2 weeks following BF. Not seeing anything great yet but we still don't know what MQ's we are getting or December VV,, email Q or FB Q. Something usually pops up. For those desperate to roll the $10/$15 Physician's Formula (pg 19 of the 12/1 ad) may help. There is also a midweek ad (12/4-12/7) that has some items you may want to use your +UPs on, such as cheap Rite Aid brand soda, peanut butter cups, Hot Wheels, wrapping paper, etc. See the individual threads for more information. The next two or three weeks Rite Aid will have both a weekly ad and a midweek ad, so make sure to look at the deals for both of them and I am sure you will find something to cash out on or roll some of those +UPs if that is your plan.

It was a great run. Rite Aid had a very good weekly ad this past week along with a very good Black Friday ad. I hope all of you got a lot of goodies. Let's hope next year's ad will be equally as good.

Thanks for all the tips about Rite Aid! They had very good offers!

Thanks RiteAid

I'm exhausted...

my4mainecoons said:   I'm exhausted...
Me too. I was going into the night last night  trying to get as many deals done as I could before the sale ended. It will be good to have a few days off until the midweek sale starts on Wednesday, 12/4. There are some decent deals to be had then (not freebies or MMs that I know of yet at least, but good prices on some items I will use - for example, I can use the bags of 24 oz peanut butter cups for 99 cents as stocking stuffers at Christmastime).

Mr.Vietnam, continue your good working on posting rite aid deals, as always...

dontcare4myname said:   Mr.Vietnam, continue your good working on posting rite aid deals, as always...
  I plan to, given that Rite Aid has the good deals for me to post that is.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014