• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_5_black_16gb&hl=en  

BLACK or WHITE

16 GB = $349 unlocked
32 GB = $399 unlocked

Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

Nexus 5 (784.53kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I like the phone. The battery life is not great. Depending upon your usage you could be looking for a charging outlet by... (more)

mas90guru (Jan. 25, 2014 @ 1:43p) |

If you mean a battery pack case, like the iPhone has, No.

ZombieHunter (Jan. 25, 2014 @ 2:08p) |

Battery life depends on what you do with it.  If you're constantly browsing the web, then yeah you'll drain it pretty qu... (more)

Solandri (Jan. 25, 2014 @ 2:09p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Just bought a black 32GB.

rated:
No white nor 32G ? 

Edit: it's popping up now.  Hmm... doesn't look like the 32G models have bigger battery.  Bummer!

rated:
just bought one 32g , white !! just came up wasnt there 5 minutes ago !! leaving whse on 11/05 !! can not wait !

rated:
only t-mo and Sprint?

rated:
lfcreds said:   No white nor 32G ?

Yes, here you go:  https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_5_32GB_White...

rated:
Price is too high with reduced battery size and cheaper front and back cameras. Note that 8GB Nexus 4 is coming back soon! N4 would be a better deal. If you need faster CPU and 1080p....you might be better off getting the G2.

rated:
stuffedwallet said:   only t-mo and Sprint?

Why do you say that?

rated:
View said:   Price is too high with reduced battery size and cheaper front and back cameras. Note that 8GB Nexus 4 is coming back soon! N4 would be a better deal. If you need faster CPU and 1080p....you might be better off getting the G2.LOL.. thanks for the joke.
5 has a better camera with OIS, larger screen.
How much is G2 unlocked? Yeah.. that's what I thought.

rated:
plainview said:   

Why do you say that?

Because that's what the spec page says.Unlocked: Use with any provider that offers service on Nexus 5 supported networksCarriers: T-Mobile, Sprint

rated:
KayK said:   
View said:   Price is too high with reduced battery size and cheaper front and back cameras. Note that 8GB Nexus 4 is coming back soon! N4 would be a better deal. If you need faster CPU and 1080p....you might be better off getting the G2.
LOL.. thanks for the joke.

Not just larger screen, it is much better resolution (true 1080p),  More importantly it supports LTE, better processor, latest android kitkat, for like $100 more than the non-existing and not in stock N4.  Price too high, what is the price of G2?

rated:
The black/16gb combo is already out of stock?

rated:
thanks op, in for black 32 gb
so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated:
Ok.. got the White one 32GB . As predicted , White 16 GB , sold out

rated:
powerG said:   out of stock

It depends on what combo you select.

rated:
32GB still in stock (black)
https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_5_black_3...

Shipping Status Quantity Item Price
Ships by November 5, 2013. 1 Nexus 5 (32GB, Black) $399.00
Shipping (2 business days): $13.99
Tax: $35.21
Total: $448.20
thanks google for the treat!

rated:

Keep trying, it comes back intermittently. (for the 16G ones)

rated:
Verizon & maybe I'd consider.

rated:
Just bought a black 16gb and a white 16gb - perfect for the girlfriend and I. We were looking for upgrades anyway.

rated:
hondo1978 said:   

Keep trying, it comes back intermittently. (for the 16G ones)

Yeah, same as last year.

rated:
Back in stock. Now shipping Nov 8.

rated:
In CNBC street sign, they told Nexus 5 would be sold in Stores too at Bestbuy, RadioShack, Amazon and Carrier Stores.
So if you are not in urgent to get this, we can get it from Amazon with Tax Free + Free Shipping when it gets available.
Hope they get to to stores quick for holidays.

rated:
msakthivel said:   In CNBC street sign, they told Nexus 5 would be sold in Stores too at Bestbuy, RadioShack, Amazon and Carrier Stores.
So if you are not in urgent to get this, we can get it from Amazon with Tax Free + Free Shipping when it gets available.

Unfortunately, Amazon now charges sales tax to Texas residents so not that much of a benefit for me

rated:
msakthivel said:   In CNBC street sign, they told Nexus 5 would be sold in Stores too at Bestbuy, RadioShack, Amazon and Carrier Stores.

Good info.  Here is the link:  http://www.cnbc.com/id/101159583

rated:
hondo1978 said:   
KayK said:   
View said:   Price is too high with reduced battery size and cheaper front and back cameras. Note that 8GB Nexus 4 is coming back soon! N4 would be a better deal. If you need faster CPU and 1080p....you might be better off getting the G2.

Not just larger screen, it is much better resolution (true 1080p),  More importantly it supports LTE, better processor, latest android kitkat, for like $100 more than the non-existing and not in stock N4.  Price too high, what is the price of G2?

Actually when I checked a few minutes ago 8GB Nexus 4 was showing as "coming back soon".  But now Google has changed both 8GB and 16GB to "discontinued"  (change of mind?).
  True 1080p consumes more battery and the difference in human eyes is minimal on a  < 5" screen.  Yes it would look a bit better but the trade-off is battery life.
  I have T-Mobile LTE working at lightning speed on my Nexus 4.  So no difference to TMO customers.  Nexus 4 will also get Kitkat fairly soon.
  LG G2 32GB unlocked costs $600+taxes. $200 more than Nexus 5 32GB.
 For $200 you get a 13MP camera with OIS(pictures would look much better with 13MP), Wifi-calling with T-Mobile(very important to me), slightly larger 5.2 inch display, 2.1MP front camera, and a much bigger 3000 mAh battery, FM radio and likely better  speakers.
 I'm quite disappointed that Google did not add the 3000mAh battery to the 32GB Nexus 5.

Of course, Nexus 5 would be the cheap choice if Nexus 4 is really gone for good....if Nexus 4 is available, it would be a better choice if the above premium features are acceptable trade-offs.

rated:
you'll also find the latest Nexus phone at Best Buy and Radio Shack. You can even buy one direct from compatible carriers, like Sprint which will be bringing the handset to its retail stores on November 8th, starting at $150. T-Mobile promises to have the Nexus 5 in stores before the holidays, but wouldn't get any more specific about release date or price http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/31/google-announces-nexus-5/?nci...

rated:
been waiting for this, how sneaky of google

rated:
Ok, when i kept refreshing / clicking different options,  the White 16 GB showed available ... now i am a happy man.

You know how it feels to keep reading the rumor sites day in and day out... and finally miss to order because you were 1 minute late...did not happen today, thank you Google for stocking up.

rated:
Looks like instead of just opening the store and letting orders pour in, they're opening the store for a small batch of orders, closing it, and repeating after 5 or 10 minutes.

rated:
cyberpitstop said:   
plainview said:   

Why do you say that?

Because that's what the spec page says.Unlocked: Use with any provider that offers service on Nexus 5 supported networksCarriers: T-Mobile, Sprint

The Nexus 5 will work on pretty much any GSM carrier and carriers that use the Sprint network and allow you to BYOD. The reason Sprint and T-Mobile are singled out is because they will be selling the phone directly. 

rated:
anyone know if this model has micro or nano SIM? the only reference in the specs for SIM is the eject tool, not the size

rated:
Thanks OP!

Just picked up the White 32GB. My old HTC Evo is dying and with my (Sprint) SERO-P plan, upgrading is too much of a hassle and all of the other Unlocked phones I've been looking at are double the price. And since pretty much any new phone is going to be an upgrade to my EVO, this works out perfectly.

rated:
Which SIM card does N5 uses? No description in Tech Specs

rated:
Have the s4 is it worth the "upgrade"? I have used about 16GB of my 32GB storage card on my s4 and about 10GB of internal memory usage. One thing I want is a better camera...so does Nexus 5 beat s4 in this category?

rated:
View said:   
hondo1978 said:   
KayK said:   

Actually when I checked a few minutes ago 8GB Nexus 4 was showing as "coming back soon".  But now Google has changed both 8GB and 16GB to "discontinued"  (change of mind?).
  True 1080p consumes more battery and the difference in human eyes is minimal on a  < 5" screen.  Yes it would look a bit better but the trade-off is battery life.
  I have T-Mobile LTE working at lightning speed on my Nexus 4.  So no difference to TMO customers.  Nexus 4 will also get Kitkat fairly soon.
  LG G2 32GB unlocked costs $600+taxes. $200 more than Nexus 5 32GB.
 For $200 you get a 13MP camera with OIS(pictures would look much better with 13MP), Wifi-calling with T-Mobile(very important to me), slightly larger 5.2 inch display, 2.1MP front camera, and a much bigger 3000 mAh battery, FM radio and likely better  speakers.
 I'm quite disappointed that Google did not add the 3000mAh battery to the 32GB Nexus 5.

Of course, Nexus 5 would be the cheap choice if Nexus 4 is really gone for good....if Nexus 4 is available, it would be a better choice if the above premium features are acceptable trade-offs.

Actually, the Nexus 4 does not have LTE -- at least as shipped. I realize that you can get LTE if you flash the right radio but that isn't something most people will be willing/able to do. Additionally, the Nexus 4 only has LTE Band 4, meaning it largely is only useful on T-Mobile (if you ever want to change carriers). By contrast, the Nexus 5 has all the LTE bands needed for T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint (as well as many carriers internationally).

rated:
never mind, see quoted on msakthivel & Monkeybiz posts above/below

rated:
namcongtu said:   since the Amazon charges sale tax, I don't often shop there anymore, about 80% less than before, I have found other stores for big items at Rakuten, PaulsTV, MusiciansFriend . . . these stores often sell much less than Amazon after coupon/cb, one example is Shure SE535 Earphone, Amazon sells for $499 + tax, MusiciansFriend sells for same price but they are willing to take even expired 15/20% off coupon + no tax, about $100 less than Amazon, where and how often would you find anything like this these days? honestly I have to thank Amazon for charging sale tax so that have to find other stores otherwise I wouldn't find out these

Wrong thread?

rated:
namcongtu said:   since the Amazon charges sale tax, I don't often shop there anymore, about 80% less than before, I have found other stores for big items at Rakuten, PaulsTV, MusiciansFriend . . . these stores often sell much less than Amazon after coupon/cb, one example is Shure SE535 Earphone, Amazon sells for $499 + tax, MusiciansFriend sells for same price but they are willing to take even expired 15/20% off coupon + no tax, about $100 less than Amazon, where and how often would you find anything like this these days? honestly I have to thank Amazon for charging sale tax so that have to find other stores otherwise I wouldn't find out these

What...

rated:
namcongtu said:   never mind, see quoted on Monkeybiz post above/below

ahh, gotcha.  thought you might have done what I've done before and had multiple threads opened and accidentally responded to the wrong one.

On that note, the trick to still buying from Amazon with no tax is to look for the other sellers that are fulfilled by Amazon.  If those sellers are out of your state, you still don't get charged the sales tax, but still get Amazon Prime shipping. 

Skipping 250 Messages...
rated:
mas90guru said:   I like the phone. The battery life is not great. Depending upon your usage you could be looking for a charging outlet by lunch.

Battery life depends on what you do with it.  If you're constantly browsing the web, then yeah you'll drain it pretty quickly (more quickly than competitors due to its high-end processor and small battery capacity).  I got a chance to "play around" with it my third day of owning it (a Saturday), and the battery only made it from 10 am to about 4 pm that day.

But if you're just using it as a phone, it'll last several days.  I ran it for just over 49 hours with about 30 min of phone calls, ~100 texts, a couple emails, and 5 minutes of GPS navigation.  It still had 33% charge left so it probably could've have gotten through the third day as well.  I elected to charge it because I knew I might need the GPS a lot that day.  Keep the backlight off and stay away from power-hungry apps like navigation and the browser, and it'll easily make it through a day.

If you're really burning through the battery, you can buy a Qi-compatible wireless charger for about $20-$30.  Toss the phone on that while you're at work.

Overall I've been really happy with it.  The Google Play store version comes with an unlocked bootloader, you just have to activate it.  I went through the process to root it, and got a "your device is already rooted" message.  Supposedly there's a new version out which fixes some of the early complaints.  Mine (black 32GB) appears to be the older version - the buttons do wriggle a bit.  But not enough to bother me.
http://bgr.com/2013/12/13/google-nexus-5-hardware-issues/

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014