Voting History
rated:

TrustFire XML C8-T6 5-Mode CREE LED 1000 Lumen Flashlight - Amazon.com
Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Disclaimer
I'm the old man. There I said it. And I have liked flashlights all my life. I've always asked for flashlights for gifts for the last 40 years. I've tried several other Cree flashlights and I like this one. It is simply the brightest, fit easily in your coat pocket one I own. The larger head seems to give the beam a wider useful illumination in my opinion.†These haven't been listed in hot deals for a few months, and with time change coming up.. †Hey, it gets stupid dark early next week!

These don't use regular AA batteries. Some people don't like that. But I like the big rechargeable batteries these use. So get it with the charger and two batteries.

Link at Amazon. CREE LED 1000 Lumen Flashlight††††††I always pick the unit that ships with Prime. And don't forget Cash Back!

Part Number K8-T6
Item Weight 6.9 ounces
Product Dimensions 6.3 x 0.9 x 1.7 inches
Origin Imported (China)
Item model number K8-T6
Color Black
Material metal

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

K8-T6
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Last year I bought one off a guy from candlepowerforums (THE site for flashlight nerds) and it looks exactly like this e... (more)

oahawhool (Nov. 02, 2013 @ 8:19p) |

yes †no one †under sixty(60) should allowed be allowed to comment.These youngsters aint got enough life experience yet !... (more)

gbfromtenn (Nov. 02, 2013 @ 10:43p) |

That's not the issue.† Once a cell drains much below 3V it becomes dangerous to recharge period,† with ANY charger but s... (more)

tall (Nov. 04, 2013 @ 3:50p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Green for admitting you're an old man.†

Agreed. Love these lights. And that's coming from a guy who loves the famous $3.50 AA awesome light. Though you'd probably be better off getting the single unit for $8.56 and then getting a 18650 2-pack and charger off ∆bay for $6.50-$9.00 depending on the quality of cells purchased, rather than paying $18.50 here.

Your age is not nearly as important as the fact that you didn't put† the product information in the title.

I respect Hot Deals is for super lowest prices. The kicker for me on this was to get it all together and in two days. For people new to these 18650 size batteries, best to get this as a set.

The "T6" is the LED bulb designation. It has the wider beam. There is a Q5 style bulb the gives an intense center hot spot, just so you know. Remember XML "T6" if your looking at bike lights too. Yes, the old man still rides.

^ hotspot is good for throwing the light farther but usually I find it blinding. I prefer my focusing flashlight without the hotspot. It give an even light and easier on the eye. $9 shipped is a good price.

This is cheap flashlight so don't expect to receive any quality product. I'm sure most DOA lights don't even get replaced, because it's pointless to wait few weeks over such a small amount of money. Pay a little more for branded light such as Fenix and it's going to last you for many years.

I have tried the OP's flashlight (at least I think I have-- there are so many identically-styled types) and I prefer this one: http://www.meritline.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=86910&SEName...

It's significantly more compact and has a slick zooming mechanism so you can have a spotlight or a wide throw.

It's quite good for biking. Regardless of which light you get, I highly recommend this mount: http://dx.com/p/universal-bicycle-mount-8274

Both of these take a looong time to ship, though.

Thanks, I can always use another flashlight

exppii said:   I have tried the OP's flashlight (at least I think I have-- there are so many identically-styled types) and I prefer this one: http://www.meritline.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=86910&SEName...††

It's significantly more compact and has a slick zooming mechanism so you can have a spotlight or a wide throw.

It's quite good for biking. Regardless of which light you get, I highly recommend this mount: http://dx.com/p/universal-bicycle-mount-8274††

wow, I have both of that and that exact setup on my bicycle.† I want to add that this flashlight drain the battery completely, which is good cause it doesn't just cut out in mid use.† Instead the light go dimmer and dimmer and it is a good hand warmer when on high mode.† I usually bring a spare set of battery when riding.† When I turn back, the light is a bit dim, and I just pop in the 2nd battery.

WorkerAnt said:   
exppii said:   I have tried the OP's flashlight (at least I think I have-- there are so many identically-styled types) and I prefer this one: http://www.meritline.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=86910&SEName...†††

It's quite good for biking. Regardless of which light you get, I highly recommend this mount: http://dx.com/p/universal-bicycle-mount-8274†††

wow, I have both of that and that exact setup on my bicycle.† I want to add that this flashlight drain the battery completely, which is good cause it doesn't just cut out in mid use.† Instead the light go dimmer and dimmer and it is a good hand warmer when on high mode.† I usually bring a spare set of battery when riding.† When I turn back, the light is a bit dim, and I just pop in the 2nd battery.

††
You had better hope it doesn't drain all the way. †Once a lithium ion cell drops below about 3V it becomes dangerous to recharge!

Dotbody said:   Agreed. Love these lights. And that's coming from a guy who loves the famous $3.50 AA awesome light†. Though you'd probably be better off getting the single unit for $8.56 and then getting a 18650 2-pack and charger off ∆bay for $6.50-$9.00 depending on the quality of cells purchased, rather than paying $18.50 here.
††love mine 2.

Noahbody123 said:   Your age is not germane. Please put the product information in the title so that†the rest†us don't grow old searching through misstated topics.
††
Well, somebody is a grumpy old man!

I'm 57. †Let's team up and get all these damn kids off the site. †Anyone in their forties is too damn young to appreciate things here.

Price: $18.94 with battery kit. Bought one - Thanks!

Excellent light.. Own 2 and thinking of more..

Got two. †Thanks for posting!

exppii said:   I have tried the OP's flashlight (at least I think I have-- there are so many identically-styled types) and I prefer this one: http://www.meritline.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=86910&SEName...†††

It's quite good for biking. Regardless of which light you get, I highly recommend this mount: http://dx.com/p/universal-bicycle-mount-8274†††

Thanks for the recommendation on the T6 like. ††
I have that mount as well. I saw that there's a new version that swivels on the horizontal axis.†
They have them for $1.10 shipped.
http://www.amazon.com/Bicycle-Flashlight-Holder-rotation-Cycling...

Thanks OP! I ride my bike to/from work daily and I've needed a light for awhile now and with the rainy season coming up soon, I'm bound to be the victim of at least 10 power outages in my apt complex as well!

In for one.

gallymimus said:   You had better hope it doesn't drain all the way. †Once a lithium ion cell drops below about 3V it becomes dangerous to recharge!

††
thanks for the warning but my charger is regulated and it does drain the battery below 3V.

exppii said:   I have tried the OP's flashlight (at least I think I have-- there are so many identically-styled types) and I prefer this one: http://www.meritline.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=86910&SEName...††

It's quite good for biking. Regardless of which light you get, I highly recommend this mount: http://dx.com/p/universal-bicycle-mount-8274††

† The problem with that Meržtline light is that its white interior reflector is just painted plastic (you can even see that in the picture). Unlike its AA little brother (which has a real mirrored finish), when you "zoom in" with that light it doesn't effectively focus the beam and get proportionally brighter: it just hides the rest of the beam. As I mentioned, I love the little $3.50 AA light, and so I thought I was going to like that Meržtline one even more, but OP's model is much brighter/better IMO.

If anyone has found one with a real reflector, please tell me the seller.

The problem I found with these lights is the memory. Or should I say, lack of. I've got a box of 12 lights (4 of each and going back) from different sellers on Amazon and none of them hold the previous setting. I had one that did but I lost it and that seller is not on Amazon anymore. All the lights I got look like they came from the same factory because they all were in white ziploc bags and the sticker identifying the product was the same.

I believe the memory may only kick in after a few seconds. So if you turn it on and off repeatedly, it will cycle through the modes, but if you have it on one mode, turn it off and later turn it on, it will retain that mode.

That said, it's still annoying. Especially the SOS mode.

how long does the recharged battery last?

Sorry Gramps, but its junk. †Get a Fenix, Pops.

Oops.† Never mind.† Move along.

The vast majority of 18650 cells have shamelessly misadvertised capacities. The cheapo cells typically have about 1000 mAh, about 1/2 to 1/3 of the advertised storage. They work fine, but just realize that the runtime is much lower than it should be. Most people don't keep track of the difference bewteen 10 and 30 hours on-time, so maybe that's why they've gotten away with it for so long. Cells with true advertised capacities tend to be pricey Panasonic types. Alternatively, you could break open a dead laptop battery and test which cells are still good.
StevenColorado said:   I'm 57. †Let's team up and get all these damn kids off the site. †Anyone in their forties is too damn young to appreciate things here.
Don't you mean under 60?

Last year I bought one off a guy from candlepowerforums (THE site for flashlight nerds) and it looks exactly like this except it says 'Cree R2' on the side.
I seem to remember he got it from DealExtreme (bought it and a couple other lights and the batteries).
Mine very narrow, not as floody as yours looks.
I totally love it, it's like a lightsabre that can shine on the farthest tree I can see.

yes †no one †under sixty(60) should allowed be allowed to comment.These youngsters aint got enough life experience yet !

WorkerAnt said:   
gallymimus said:   You had better hope it doesn't drain all the way. †Once a lithium ion cell drops below about 3V it becomes dangerous to recharge!
††
thanks for the warning but my charger is regulated and it does drain the battery below 3V.

††
That's not the issue.† Once a cell drains much below 3V it becomes dangerous to recharge period,† with ANY charger but so you know, there are no unregulated Li-Ion chargers because it's even more dangerous to charge them much higher than 4.2V.

Since this light does not appear to use a cutoff circuit to avoid this, it should never be operated except with "protected" Li-Ion cells that have their own cutoff circuit on the end to avoid this.

Do whatever you want, but it's not like nobody has ever had Li-Ion cells burst into flames from misuse.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014