Toys R Us Black Friday 2013 Ad

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Toys R Us
See Toys R Us coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

toys r us
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I disagree.  Every store has a variation of this, but sometimes a smile takes you a long way.

tajar96 (Nov. 16, 2013 @ 4:57p) |

Buy 1 get 1 40% off all video games

That sounds like a decent deal. Assume it includes PS4 and XB1 as well? Also I wonder... (more)

megaubiquitous (Nov. 22, 2013 @ 1:51a) |

Hot wheels single cars 60 cents each but you gotta get there by 5:00AM right? I'm guessing there will be a couple HW co... (more)

rendition (Nov. 26, 2013 @ 11:18a) |

http://www.fatwallet.com/black-friday/ads/ToysRUs/
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wow, Thursday at 5pm. The bar has been set. WalMart must be starting on Wednesday.

biglittle said:   Wow, Thursday at 5pm. The bar has been set. WalMart must be starting on Wednesday.
  sad.

Does this mean they just stay open 24 hours until "close" on Saturday?

Yea, isn't 5pm when people are sitting down for Thanksgiving dinner... gesh. It's called Black Friday and should be held on Friday. They're having it earlier and earlier. Might as well just have it in July.

It's actually already on Fatwallet's Black Friday Page - link locally

gizmo said:   
biglittle said:   Wow, Thursday at 5pm. The bar has been set. WalMart must be starting on Wednesday.
  sad.

personally, I hope ALL their workers refuse to show up and leave management to deal with the yo-yo's that come out during Thanksgiving dinner.

So basically normal prices for just about everything...

Help me remember - did doorbusters show up online when they went on sale at the store last year?

Certain things say "in store only", which stinks, if you ask me.

Redbeard25 said:   Help me remember - did doorbusters show up online when they went on sale at the store last year?
  Certain things say "in store only".

"So basically normal prices for just about everything..."

How is Skylanders SWAP Starter pack for $37.49 is normal price? What am I missing now?

I like the power tools from Home Depot and microwave 
thks op

Agreed...the Skylanders Swap Force start pack at 50% off is HOT

in 4 1

Good luck getting trampled for that Skylanders set.

Guess I know where I WON'T be shopping this year.

Might be getting the Razor Crazy Cart. Lowest I seen was between $340 - $350.

There are a lot of good deals BUT they should be banned for this whole 5pm BS. I never go to their BF, even with the great sales, because it's probably the worst experience, aside from WalMart; and just not worth it. The sad part is that there will be people waiting in line WAY before that and miss their family day. I hope a lot of people that normally go, WON'T.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
gizmo said:   
  sad.

personally, I hope ALL their workers refuse to show up and leave management to deal with the yo-yo's that come out during Thanksgiving dinner.

You act like these guys are paid well enough that they could just do that.

I may be the only one but..

I like the 5 pm thing

Great deals for the grandkids.

MelissaAnne said:   Yea, isn't 5pm when people are sitting down for Thanksgiving dinner... gesh. It's called Black Friday and should be held on Friday. They're having it earlier and earlier. Might as well just have it in July.
  Ladies and gents - you are witnessing the ripping up of the fabric of a culture.... unfortunate actually

Gerber formula twin pack is a good deal

Phenix said:   
MelissaAnne said:   Yea, isn't 5pm when people are sitting down for Thanksgiving dinner... gesh. It's called Black Friday and should be held on Friday. They're having it earlier and earlier. Might as well just have it in July.
  Ladies and gents - you are witnessing the ripping up of the fabric of a culture.... unfortunate actually

Really? It's 5pm. We eat our T-giving meal at 1-2pm time frame, and are normally dozing on the couch by 5pm. With this motivation, I will be up and moving around, and getting tons of exercise. If we keep this up, our national health might improve. Go TRU.

Does anyone know if Toysrus lets you buy an item a few days before and return it on Black Friday so you can repurchase it at the BF price and not worry about them running out?

I have to agree, I guess I am in the minority that more like have Thanksgiving lunch. I'd much rather enjoy Thanksgiving afternoon with the family, do some deal hunting in the evening, and then come home, spend some time with the family, at 12:01am Friday morning login and get all the online deals, and then GO TO BED and sleep in on Black Friday.

And while the deals are never really that great on Black Friday, I still definitely enjoy the WalMart spectacle. The first year I went it was a 5am opening and while I never saw a trampling it was surreal. Since then my local Walmarts have done a much better job at crowd control and also having enough items in stock. So actually not quite as fun

Onto the deal itself, I don't see many hot deals; I was hoping for something like GameStop's $29 PSN yearly card.

Skylanders swap force deal? Here or anywhere else this BF?

Thanks OP.

Thanks

Is there actually an ad scan underneath those obnoxious Fatwallet watermarks?

Make sure you get gift receipts for every item you purchase from TRU as their return policy is to tell anybody "Absolutely NO Returns Without a Receipt"

gt3347 said:   Make sure you get gift receipts for every item you purchase from TRU as their return policy is to tell anybody "Absolutely NO Returns Without a Receipt"
  I disagree.  Every store has a variation of this, but sometimes a smile takes you a long way.

Buy 1 get 1 40% off all video games

That sounds like a decent deal. Assume it includes PS4 and XB1 as well? Also I wonder if it'll be available online. Guess we'll see 12:01am Thursday.

Hot wheels single cars 60 cents each but you gotta get there by 5:00AM right? I'm guessing there will be a couple HW collectors there and a high possibility that the store hadn't even restocked as usual of sales on hot wheels. I've been collecting these since last Christmas and it is a fun hobby to get into (yeah it starts out kinda strange cos these are kids toys after all). I had a lot of fun making a small collection. 60 cents each is pretty good. I have read over the past year that the stores get them for 23cents/ea in those 72 pack cases that they put on the pegs. Store prices usually range from 96cents to a couple bucks, depending how big the store is and the rent. Later on we'll stsrt seeing Target and TRU do buy one get one half off deals in case people miss this. I doubt I'll even be up that early on Friday.

This ad would have been more interesting if they had some of the earlier Transformers masterpiece issues that all the collectors and scalpers look for which are very common on eBay but command high prices even though they aren't original or reissues. I'm sure there will be some going to the store to see if they will have, but they are out of production. Acid Storm is the only one that you can buy but it is quite lame imho. Still, the store is always sold out of that because people think it will become very valuable.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014