DDM Tuning : HID Kits and Components
Disclaimer

DDM Tuning: HID and LED Lighting
Disclaimer
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Categories/HID-Kits-and-Components   

$7.50 off until 11/30/13
All High Low Kits $7.50 off till 11.30.13 
55W DDM Kits Are Mail Order Only

Just installed a set on my son's vehicle - really are plug-n-play; and SO much brighter than the halogen bulbs!!
Features Description    

• DDM HID (Also known as Xenon) headlight conversion kits significantly improve your visibility

• Our HID kits are made for any year, make, and model car, truck, SUV and ATV

• 3 Times brighter than your stock halogen bulbs and up to 40% brighter than your standard OEM/factory 35 Watt kit

• Available in 35 Watt and 55 Watt kits

• Digital ultra-thin ballasts at an unbeatable price

• 3,200- 3,400 Lumens at 35 Watt and an astonishing 5,000 Lumens at 55 Watt

• HID wiring harness is recommended for all 55W kits and selected specific applications

• All ballasts are AC Type

*Note* - If you are ordering H7 bulbs, please make sure to order the H7 bulb spacers if your application requires it.CLICK HERE  
(For a consolidated list of vehicles that *may* require additional accessories for our HID to function properly, please visit this section by clicking here.)  

If you're anything like us at DDM Tuning, you're probably looking for that next thing to add to your vehicle to give it a different, but classy touch. That's one of the reasons you're looking at our HID kits! Our high quality HID kits are perfect for anyone that wants to make their ride look up to date, as well as improve night visibility. It's a great option for anyone car, truck or SUV that didn't come with the bright white / blue headlights from the factory. You've seen those bright headlights on any current style BMW, Lexus or Audi passing by, and you've always wanted them; you just can't justify the huge dealership pricing. This is why DDM Tuning set out to create a top-quality HID conversion kit at an extremely affordable price. This kit will make you stand out and turn heads.
DDM Tuning's HID kits are made with the highest quality material, unmatched craftsmanship and top quality assurance. Every HID kit has been put through extensive testing to ensure quality. Our High / Low HID kits come with a fused relay harness and controller that regulates the High / Low beam feature. With these HIDs your vehicle will look up to date, similar to that of current model BMWs, Lexus and Audi.
Best of all, our HID kits are three times brighter than your factory headlights, which will improve the safety of you and other motorists sharing the road. Not to mention, they look much better than the factory halogen head light bulb which projects a dull yellow hue. All DDM HID kits come with our Lifetime Warranty!

Member Summary

DDM Tuning HID kits
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

hid install
Thanks Toadster
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

BTW - seriously easy to install, takes maybe 1/2 hour for both lights on our car (easy to get to the back of the lights)

please do not put this in your civics or any other car with OEM non-HID reflective housing.. at the minimum have projector headlights aimed way da hell down..

too many times i was blinded my cheap cars with these aftermarket HIDs... it's dangerous for the rest of us..

other than that.. good deal.

joedaddy123 said:   please do not put this in your civics or any other car with OEM non-HID reflective housing.. at the minimum have projector headlights aimed way da hell down..

too many times i was blinded my cheap cars with these aftermarket HIDs... it's dangerous for the rest of us..

other than that.. good deal.

yes I fully agree - it's a great upgrade for projector based headlights - but not for open reflector style

wow, surprised not as much action as I had expected - these DDM kits are pretty slick!

wow - upgraded our GMC Denali tonight - left side is 35W HID @ 5,000k - right side is halogen - just amazing difference!

http://i.imgur.com/dUZVRPzl.jpg

Toadster said:   wow - upgraded our GMC Denali tonight - left side is 35W HID @ 5,000k - right side is halogen - just amazing difference!

Looks like a lot of glare

DenverDiver said:   
Toadster said:   wow - upgraded our GMC Denali tonight - left side is 35W HID @ 5,000k - right side is halogen - just amazing difference!

Looks like a lot of glare

it's just the photo - Denali has projectors and the light is 2-3x as bright as the silverstar halogens (right side)

So this is for off-road use only. Non-DOT (in the USA) lights would be a good reason for losing an insurance battle.

Toadster said:     it's just the photo - Denali has projectors and the light is 2-3x as bright as the silverstar halogens (right side)

I've never seen that much glare from true projectors. The whole purpose is to not blind other drivers...which it seems like that's what you'll be doing. 

Had these on my Harley for a little while. Lasted almost a year with no hitch and then nothing but problems...They changed the bulb plug so I had to get a whole new harness...not an easy task taking off the fairing each time. Not a problem for most cars but for me was a PITA.

rigor said:   So this is for off-road use only. Non-DOT (in the USA) lights would be a good reason for losing an insurance battle.
  these are road legal, found in most modern cars...

Toadster said:   
rigor said:   So this is for off-road use only. Non-DOT (in the USA) lights would be a good reason for losing an insurance battle.
  these are road legal, found in most modern cars...

I hate it when people say that. You are very wrong. Even on DDM's own website (http://www.ddmtuning.com/Content/Terms-Conditions):):

"Certain products, including HID Kits and certain headlights which are approved for the European market but vary from the American market parts are for race use only and do not have DOT (Department of Transportation) approval. Any misuse of said product is done so at the buyers own risk, DDM Tuning is not responsible for any complaints, fines, or damages done for driving on public roads with non DOT approved parts."

You are blinding people on the road. Not only do you have illegal HIDs but you drive an SUV which makes it 10x worse. I hope someone pulls you over and your car gets impounded.

To be clear, in the US you can only have HIDs if your car came that way as per manufacturer specifications, or if you drive off-road.

I have ddm tuning slim ballast on my rx350 and gs300 with my headlight set to auto. The one on my gs300 I have it for 3 years with no problem, the one on my rx350 I have it for one year and already having problem with it sometime not turning on. I feel that the quality gone downhill.

Assholes with poorly aimed or poorly selected lights make night driving a PITA, at times. It's just not that hard to get it right.

Nice deal, OP on the HID Kits. The price is pretty good.

As other said, this kit is technically illegal for street use. You can get ticketed if the police catches you. Reason is that you end up blinding other people because halogen type headlights use a reflector to emmit the lighting while true HID uses special design mechanism to output lighting. In addition, it needs to be adaptive and self level to be street legal.

Read it up here in the Lighting Section which has DOT stance on this

http://www.sema.org/federal-regulation-aftermarket-parts 

That is why all sites that sale the HID Kit have a fine print "For Off-Road Use Only". They don't want to be sued by you when you get ticketed.

The warning is there in an attempt to avoid being joined in big-money civil suits due to accidents. It would be easy for a plaintiff's attorney to zero in on illegal headlights, and the companies making them. Say the OP's headlights cause an accident, and one parent dies while a child suffers life-long disabilities. Would the family go after the OP? You bet. The attorney would make sure that they go after the OP and the manufacturer, who, may have deeper pockets.

Cheap headlights aren't worth it.

I used to have a very long (80+ mile round trip) commute, at least half of which was in the dark. I used to dread seeing that insane blue glare that meant someone with an eBay HID kit hacked into halogen light housings was behind me.

If you want to upgrade halogen headlights, get a relay system so your voltage won't drop, consider going up slightly on the wattage. That's it.

Plenty more information available free at http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html - no affiliation, other than hoping not to see that blue glare again!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.