• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Comes with a 6V battery-operated motor
A special edition designed for real constructors
Comes with 643 parts
Instructions for 25 Fully Detailed Models
Interchangeable with all Erector sets

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GOF5S2/ref=olp_product_deta...

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

construction set
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hot deal. Thanks op!

My son has had this set for one year and loves it. Great deal!!!

Same price at Target, with free shipping. Just need to pay sales tax.

5% CashBack at ShopDiscover.

I paid the little extra (the sales tax), to get it from Target so I can easily return it if I find a lower price before Xmas.

Thanks OP

Bizatch said:   Same price at Target, with free shipping. Just need to pay sales tax.

I paid the little extra (the sales tax), to get it from Target so I can easily return it if I find a lower price before Xmas.

Thanks OP

My pleasure, I think this is my first deal posted here - glad to give back! Just FYI if you have Discover I believe this quarter has 5% back on online shopping incl. Amazon, Chase Fredom I believe has 5% back on Amazon.com as well.
ETA - although now I see it seems I missed the t-shirt promo would've been gladder!

therealchbow said:   
 Chase Fredom I believe has 5% back on Amazon.com as well.

Yes, correct.

Bizatch said:   Same price at Target, with free shipping. Just need to pay sales tax.

Thanks OP

Won't Amazon be much easier to to return it? they have holiday return policy in effect now. IMHO Amazon over Target..

I do not even want to tell you what I thought when I misread the subject line, all I read was Erector

Guys,

Unfortunately, Erector sets just aren't that much fun for most kids, I think the problem is all the nuts and bolts and the detailed plans. I was a builder fanatic as a kid, always wanted an Erector set, never got one, but a few of my friends had them. We started to put stuff together, it either took too long and we abandoned it, or we put it together and never bothered to take it apart and play with it again. It was not the type of building toy that spurred creativity, it was more about following directions, it seemed we only built the objects in the instruction booklet, never creations of our own. Also, it seemed that Dad's always had to get involved to finish the projects.

On the other hand, Legos get played with all the time, I think it is their ease of use and endless possibilities that make LEGO such an ideal toy.

Just my 2 cents

therealchbow said:   

Thanks OP

My pleasure, I think this is my first deal posted here - glad to give back! Just FYI if you have Discover I believe this quarter has 5% back on online shopping incl. Amazon, Chase Fredom I believe has 5% back on Amazon.com as well.
ETA - although now I see it seems I missed the t-shirt promo would've been gladder!

mods hook up a noobie!

Not the first time Erector had a sale: linky   

More Erector models than this time. Couldn't have been a better name for a children's toy

MoonMan said:   Guys,

Unfortunately, Erector sets just aren't that much fun for most kids, I think the problem is all the nuts and bolts and the detailed plans. I was a builder fanatic as a kid, always wanted an Erector set, never got one, but a few of my friends had them. We started to put stuff together, it either took too long and we abandoned it, or we put it together and never bothered to take it apart and play with it again. It was not the type of building toy that spurred creativity, it was more about following directions, it seemed we only built the objects in the instruction booklet, never creations of our own. Also, it seemed that Dad's always had to get involved to finish the projects.

On the other hand, Legos get played with all the time, I think it is their ease of use and endless possibilities that make LEGO such an ideal toy.

Just my 2 cents

As a dad, I'll say that sometimes getting oneself involved with kids' projects is a good thing...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014