• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
link   

At The Littleton Coin Company, type "3EF200" in the "Dept.#" field to see the $2 Federal Reserve Note with a 2013 Fort McHenry National Monument & Historic Shrine Quarter for $2 with free shipping. (Be sure to change the quantity of the "National Park Quarter Folder" to "0"

limit one

Member Summary

Sample! (76.16kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

$2 collectible bil (16.19kB)
Thanks mzdrocker
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
They probably won't have a lot in stock, so plan ahead.  I asked about some last year and my bank had about 20 of them. ... (more)

DriversFound (Dec. 22, 2013 @ 12:25p) |

yes!  $250,000 in the bank, ka ching!

badaboom (Dec. 22, 2013 @ 1:22p) |

Unless you really want a $2 bill.... getting a free quarter is not worth the hassle. Is your time worth 25 cents for the... (more)

ZombieHunter (Dec. 22, 2013 @ 5:02p) |

• Also categorized in:

thanks

rossmerle said:   people always focus on free shipping when they purchase something
  I like turtles

you are also going to get a selection of coins that you will need to send back or buy

did not know about the extra coins I guess I will send those back. thanks 

Littleton is a well-known stamp and coin approval service. They will send you items "on approval" for purchase or return. The free quarter, worth 25 cents, is the enticement to try their service.

Is it hard to cancel coins-on-approval service? Dose it cost money to send the extra coins back? For the $2 they are asking, this could make an excellent Christmas gift, but if canceling their service is a hassle, it may not be worth it. Shipping costs back to them would defiantly be a deal breaker.

dlight1 said:   Shipping costs back to them would defiantly be a deal breaker.

Yup! Definitely defy them and break the deal.

I am pretty sure the return postage is paid by Littleton.

Yes it is.

tried to place the code message in the dept section, this is my response:
We are sorry this Ad does not exist. Please call our Customer Service center at 1-800-645-3122 for assistance

scitron said:   tried to place the code message in the dept section, this is my response:
We are sorry this Ad does not exist. Please call our Customer Service center at 1-800-645-3122 for assistance

The offer exists for me, but the problem I am having everytime I try to place the order (I tried twice now) and hit submit, it always says "coonecting" but it never goes through. My order never gets placed. Maybe it is because it is the middle of the night and their system may be updating?

You need to call them

This site is not ready to handle the FW rush

aarzi said:   
dlight1 said:   Shipping costs back to them would defiantly be a deal breaker.
  Yup! Definitely defy them and break the deal.

I see what you did there!!

time to do this a few million times.

Thank you for the info, but I could not the "Dept.#" field on their website. The link seems not working. Thanks.

vijujoshi said:   This site is not ready to handle the FW rush
  Agreed lol.

I was interested until I saw "Littleton."

Sure, I might waste a few minutes and deal with some spam for $0.25, but giving my info to Littleton, having to cancel and send back coins and hope they stop charging my CC? No chance. Not for 25 cents, not for 25 dollars.

Can't you just get $2 bills for $2 at the bank and skip the hassle? No one uses them so chances are the ones you get at the bank will be in "crisp uncirculated" condition just like the ones from Littleton.

Awesome, I've been on the lookout to replace the mint coin deal from years past.

AlwaysWrite said:   I was interested until I saw "Littleton."

Sure, I might waste a few minutes and deal with some spam for $0.25, but giving my info to Littleton, having to cancel and send back coins and hope they stop charging my CC? No chance. Not for 25 cents, not for 25 dollars.

I have a safe full of Liberty Silver Dollars that I got from Littleton in 2006/2007 at $0.40 on the dollar through one of their offers.  It was extremely easy.  I used virtual cc's to pay, canceled on receipt, and returned approval coins in their prepaid envelopes.  The only reason I stopped was because they finally "blacklisted" me.

MrVietnam said:   
scitron said:   tried to place the code message in the dept section, this is my response:

The offer exists for me, but the problem I am having everytime I try to place the order (I tried twice now) and hit submit, it always says "coonecting" but it never goes through. My order never gets placed. Maybe it is because it is the middle of the night and their system may be updating?

Shouldn't that be a sign not to waste your time on this marginal deal? Just skip it.

two-dollar bills are going to replace dollar bills. the govt will only make $1 coins, no paper bills. People who don't like to carry change will use $2 bills rather than carry coins

A few years back, I changed about $50 into $2 bills and started giving them away to people or paying with those.
Lots of kids at the counter were originally dubious and I needed a manager to look at those for a few purchases.
Gave them to asian friends in red envelops for chinese new year too.

Most people don't know of those bills and as said earlier, most bills are pristine because of that.
Bank usually stock some and can order more if you ask them.

mpattdu said:   Can't you just get $2 bills for $2 at the bank and skip the hassle? No one uses them so chances are the ones you get at the bank will be in "crisp uncirculated" condition just like the ones from Littleton.

They probably won't have a lot in stock, so plan ahead.  I asked about some last year and my bank had about 20 of them.  Great gifts for kids.  They'll either save them (a good thing!) or spend them and it will mess with a young cluless cashier (a fun thing!).

daaber said:   time to do this a few million times.

yes!  $250,000 in the bank, ka ching!

Unless you really want a $2 bill.... getting a free quarter is not worth the hassle. Is your time worth 25 cents for the effort that goes into this. Mine isn't.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014