• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Lundon in-store for $79.90 (regular price $169.99)

Use expired coupon code 60046 (sorry, I don't have a pdf). Should be valid Sunday and Monday.
YMMV on stock and on cashier.

Alternately, you might want to do a kiosk order, pay at register with code.

Happy Hunting!
Go Cheney!

Staples
See Staples promo codes that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Lundon Chair
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
No, i still have the package since i did the online return after midnight last night and i don't think they deliver/pick... (more)

niniss (Nov. 10, 2013 @ 10:54p) |

They don't charge for pick up returns. Just call them and cancel the return service. If the people get to you before you... (more)

usernamemax20charact (Nov. 11, 2013 @ 12:30a) |

Thank you so much for the advice!

niniss (Nov. 11, 2013 @ 1:41a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Having never tried this before, just wondering how likely they are to accept an expired coupon code?

In South Jersey, all the time. In NYC, forget about it!

is the chair worth $30 ?

No. It's worth $80+

Nice chair for the price... Anyone successful getting it at that price?

Is a physical copy of the coupon needed? Or can you avoid that by ordering at the kiosk?

MJGunn99 said:   Is a physical copy of the coupon needed? Or can you avoid that by ordering at the kiosk?
  Coupon is for in-store only, so kiosk order would need to be paid at register.

And at that time they want a copy of the coupon or no?

Varies from location to location.
In South Jersey, all 3 stores that I frequent, accept my reading the code off my phone.
In NYC, I have never been successful.
In between those 2 locations, it has been hit or miss.
If you have a choice of cashiers, with experience you can Target the "right" one. Or keep your fingers crossed.
When I am asked for the physical coupon, I truthfully say I don't like to waste paper and ink, and carry the codes in my phone. Unless the code is not going through, they don't insist on "reading" the coupon.

Good luck!

The question is whether code will scan with no override. I thought the recent codes do not work on chairs which are on sale even though original price was $169.99 or more.

I am unable to answer that because I have not been to the store yet and intend to go tomorrow.
Last week, I bought a chair marked down by manager from $199 to $79, and the coupon would not apply. We tried to check at the $199 price, and it would still not apply. Since the coupon was current and printable at the kiosk, that is what I did. After satisfying himself, the manager marked down the chair to $29, no coupon. I did buy 2 of those chairs, but no others, so I have no idea if the coupon was a dud. Like this post, the post for that chair got no traction on FW, so there is no other feedback.

aarzi said:   I am unable to answer that because I have not been to the store yet and intend to go tomorrow.
Last week, I bought a chair marked down by manager from $199 to $79, and the coupon would not apply. We tried to check at the $199 price, and it would still not apply. Since the coupon was current and printable at the kiosk, that is what I did. After satisfying himself, the manager marked down the chair to $29, no coupon. I did buy 2 of those chairs, but no others, so I have no idea if the coupon was a dud. Like this post, the post for that chair got no traction on FW, so there is no other feedback.

"satisfying him"
  Totally worth it.

$50 off
Disclaimer
This $50 off coupon?

mrtrance said:   The question is whether code will scan with no override. I thought the recent codes do not work on chairs which are on sale even though original price was $169.99 or more.

from another website...It wont scan unless the bottom line price is $169 or more.  Plus the expired code. Not going to work.   

Just tried, no successful

edick said:   
aarzi said:   I am unable to answer that because I have not been to the store yet and intend to go tomorrow.

"satisfying him"
  Totally worth it.

I wasn't going to say anything...but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who got a very bad mental image. 

If you knew the manager, you wouldn't get any bad mental images. He is good looking enough to turn a straight guy gay.

Tried this afternoon (with the $50 print out coupon) but no go.  The cashier didn't have problem with expired coupon but it just wouldn't ring so she couldn't do anything about it.  I didn't bother to ask for the manager because i know the manager would have not allowed expired coupon anyways.  Stupid me last night i just did an online return of the Stiner chair (bought online a couple months ago but never unpacked) because i thought i'd get this Lundon chair for the same price today.  I wonder if i can call Staples back to cancel my return.      Does anyone here has online return experience and can offer advice?  TIA.

niniss said:   

Tried this afternoon (with the $50 print out coupon) but no go.  The cashier didn't have problem with expired coupon but it just wouldn't ring so she couldn't do anything about it.  I didn't bother to ask for the manager because i know the manager would have not allowed expired coupon anyways.  Stupid me last night i just did an online return of the Stiner chair (bought online a couple months ago but never unpacked) because i thought i'd get this Lundon chair for the same price today.  I wonder if i can call Staples back to cancel my return.      Does anyone here has online return experience and can offer advice?  TIA.

If they haven't picked it up yet from your house, sure, you should be able to cancel it, just call them and say you decided to keep it. If already shipped back, you're prob. out of luck.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
niniss said:   

If they haven't picked it up yet from your house, sure, you should be able to cancel it, just call them and say you decided to keep it. If already shipped back, you're prob. out of luck.

No, i still have the package since i did the online return after midnight last night and i don't think they deliver/pick up on weekends.  Also, i tried to call them a couple of hours ago but was too late as they closed after 9pm EST.  I will call them first thing tomorrow morning.  In any case, if i couldn't undo the return tomorrow, will they charge me for the shipping (picking up)?  It was free shipping for me when i ordered it. 

niniss said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
niniss said:   

No, i still have the package since i did the online return after midnight last night and i don't think they deliver/pick up on weekends.  Also, i tried to call them a couple of hours ago but was too late as they closed after 9pm EST.  I will call them first thing tomorrow morning.  In any case, if i couldn't undo the return tomorrow, will they charge me for the shipping (picking up)?  It was free shipping for me when i ordered it. 

They don't charge for pick up returns. Just call them and cancel the return service. If the people get to you before you can call to process the cancellation, just tell them that the return was cancelled since you decided to keep the chair.

usernamemax20charact said:   
niniss said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
niniss said:   

They don't charge for pick up returns. Just call them and cancel the return service. If the people get to you before you can call to process the cancellation, just tell them that the return was cancelled since you decided to keep the chair.

Thank you so much for the advice!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014