• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The PayPal Credit card readers are back in stock at Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?&Item=N82E16849288001     

$15 rebate     (redeem with PayPal).

Make $3/reader.  Rebate is valid for up to 3 readers per paypal account (see terms of rebate in above link).

These go out of stock quick...I've missed out the last 4-5 times they went up, but got my 3 this time!

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

reader
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Prices have dropped.  Used to get $10 for them. 
If you only bought them for MM why toss them in the trash?

my4mainecoons (Mar. 29, 2014 @ 10:14a) |

Does the code "EMCPGHE75" work still?

lepa71 (Mar. 29, 2014 @ 11:57a) |

That code is now expired.  Too bad, as it really made this a half decent flip.

smileyriley (Mar. 29, 2014 @ 12:27p) |

Available now FREE directly through PayPal - just download "PayPal Here" app and order from it. iPhone iPad or Android - NOTE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ANY PROMO CODES IF ORDERING DIRECT FROM PAYPAL
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Picked up one, which will max out my PP account count.  Tax eats 1/3 of my mm.  Free ship with Shoprunner.

labboypro said:   Picked up one, which will max out my PP account count.  Tax eats 1/3 of my mm.  Free ship with Shoprunner.

Free shipping even without Shoprunner (Newegg Saver 4-7 day) - but free *2 day* with SR.
Tax is state dependent - I have none in IL.

"Buy a specially-marked package of a “PayPal Here” card reader". Are these specially-marked packages?

I ordered one. The small MM aspect isn't a huge draw for me, but I've always wanted to get one of these. So I figured I may as well get it now... Thanks OP!

Speaking from experience, PayPal doesn't like one person or household acquiring too many of these. Proceed with caution....

BeanTech said:   Speaking from experience, PayPal doesn't like one person or household acquiring too many of these. Proceed with caution....

They explicitly allow _3_ per account in their T&C.  However, IIRC, you did 3 per account for multiple accounts... and they balked at that.  I haven't heard of anyone having issues with adhering to their likely intended max of 3 per human.

Being paid to get something I wanted anyway: priceless!

BeanTech said:   Speaking from experience, PayPal doesn't like one person or household acquiring too many of these. Proceed with caution....
Can you provide some information on your experience?  The rebate terms are limit 3 - I'm not sure why Paypal would have a problem with their own terms.

Of course, if you are trying to do 3 for every member of your household at the same address and have created PayPal accounts for your 5 year old...I can see how they might have an issue.

But, if you have any information about them taking any sort of negative action from simply claiming the terms of the rebate on the allowed 3 items, please share....

Thanks OP!  Got 3.

BenH said:   

Actually, you do.  You're just not complying with the law.

If the seller (typically an out-of-state business, such as a catalog company or a retailer making sales on the internet) does not charge Illinois Sales Tax, the purchaser must pay the tax directly to the department. For purposes of this document, Illinois Sales Tax has three rate structures — one for qualifying food, drugs, and medical appliances; one for items required to be titled or registered; and another for all other general merchandise.

From your Illinois Revenue office website-- http://www.revenue.state.il.us/businesses/taxinformation/sales/rot.htm 

labboypro said:   
BenH said:   

Actually, you do.  You're just not complying with the law.

If the seller (typically an out-of-state business, such as a catalog company or a retailer making sales on the internet) does not charge Illinois Sales Tax, the purchaser must pay the tax directly to the department. For purposes of this document, Illinois Sales Tax has three rate structures — one for qualifying food, drugs, and medical appliances; one for items required to be titled or registered; and another for all other general merchandise.

From your Illinois Revenue office website-- http://www.revenue.state.il.us/businesses/taxinformation/sales/rot.htm    

Maybe I'm buying them for my non-profit organization, and the retailer charging no tax simply makes it easier for me to not have to provide forms for tax waivers?

Also, by that rationale the original comment about tax was superfluous as almost every state has sales tax and it either needs to be collected by the retailer or paid by the consumer to the state.
We all understand the spirit of the original comment, so there really isn't a need to clutter up just some menial thread on a small deal with a legal discourse about how taxes work. 

Just bought 3.  Not sure what I can use it for.  Maybe garage sale...

Getting to checkout and the message

"There is an issue with promo code EMCWWWV84. Please check promo code again or contact customer service."

Any tips?

almost40 said:   Getting to checkout and the message

"There is an issue with promo code EMCWWWV84. Please check promo code again or contact customer service."

Any tips?

I got the same problem, solve it by checking the box right under <SIGN IN> button "Subscribe for exclusive e-mail offers and discounts" when click checkout. If that still doesn't work, don't use gift card.

Is there a monthly fee for this?

Does it work on an Ipod Touch?

bestdealseaker said:   Is there a monthly fee for this?

Does it work on an Ipod Touch?

No monthly fee...fee is per swipe.  You only pay when you use it.

Pretty sure it should work on iPod Touch.  I think you can download the PayPal reader app from iTunes - and if it installs, that means it works.

In for 3 ty very much OP.

labboypro said:   

They explicitly allow _3_ per account in their T&C.  However, IIRC, you did 3 per account for multiple accounts... and they balked at that.  I haven't heard of anyone having issues with adhering to their likely intended max of 3 per human.

Correct. PayPal allows for two accounts per person. The rebate terms were 3 per account, not per person/household. So yes, I did more than 3, as did a lot of others purchasing these to monetize Staples rewards.
You're likely ok with 3..... 

Dead

BenH said:   
Maybe I'm buying them for my non-profit organization, and the retailer charging no tax simply makes it easier for me to not have to provide forms for tax waivers?

Also, by that rationale the original comment about tax was superfluous as almost every state has sales tax and it either needs to be collected by the retailer or paid by the consumer to the state.
We all understand the spirit of the original comment, so there really isn't a need to clutter up just some menial thread on a small deal with a legal discourse about how taxes work.

Yet you posted such a long rebuttal nonetheless.  Tax rates vary across taxing authorities, so my comment that "Tax eats 1/3 of my mm" indicated that MY tax represented 1/3 of the overage after PP rebate.  I made no claims or comment about any other person's particular tax rate, which might have affected their overage by 1/6th or 1/2 or whatever.  You did likewise, when you indicated you have no tax in IL... but that was somewhat misleading because either a) you do, and my follow-up comment about use tax in IL applies, b) you ommitted the relevant "fact" of your non-profit status (certainly a corner case, and likely something you made up to defend your position).  My comment wasn't clutter.  It was meant to clarify your misleading statement, which was that you have no tax in IL... this is simply not true, and there's very little reason to "clutter" the Internet with even more bad info like claiming your state has no tax.  It does... just like almost every other state in the US.  And, just like the vast majority of purchasers, they all think that buying online is tax free.

labboypro said:   
...And, just like the vast majority of purchasers, they all think that buying online is tax free.

It basically is - and that's exactly my point. Regardless of the law you will find very few people (especially here) who are willingly paying tax on purchases where the retailer doesn't charge it.
I know this, you know this, and the various state governments know this, which is why there is so much litigation in the courts right now regarding this.

Point being is calling out the fact that yes, a sales-tax does exist in my state is about the same as stating "Got them, but not free for me - I don't do rebates!".
The chance that someone on these boards is going to turn down the rebates is probably close to about the chance they are going to report tax.

I'm not commenting on the legality or morality of it - but its a fact that many people feel the way I do... that it is the responsibility of the retailer to collect the tax.

But, from your stance - if tax is such an inevitability - why even comment on it in your post? Shouldn't we have just assumed then that the $9 off in MM coupons would be decreased by whatever tax you needed to pay?

In short - you are correct that when I say "Tax is state dependent.  Have none in IL" that is technically incorrect.  The inference behind it was that "Newegg does not charge tax in the state of IL."
I would suspect that pretty much everyone here understood the spirit of that comment and this is why I don't know why it was necessary to discourse at any length on it.

For future reference would I need to have a Paypal business account or would a personal PayPal account suffice?

Sorry duplicate post.

Pretty sure any papal account is fine.

BenH said:   Pretty sure any papal account is fine.
  Thanks.  Now I just have to buy it before they sell out next time.

Definitely dead now, my order came back as cancelled OOS.

These come back every couple of weeks. So, I would recommend setting up some sort of RSS alert or something if you are really looking to get these.

The current rebate is over end of year, so I don't know if they will come out with a new offer. You will likely have at least 2 more chances to grab these when they come in stock again.

BenH said:   The current rebate is over end of year, so I don't know if they will come out with a new offer.  

It appears to be going on until the end of next year:

All redemption submissions (including signing up for a PayPal account and confirmation of your email address) must be completed by 12/31/2014 11:59:59 PST.

RonR said:   
BenH said:   The current rebate is over end of year, so I don't know if they will come out with a new offer.  

It appears to be going on until the end of next year:

All redemption submissions (including signing up for a PayPal account and confirmation of your email address) must be completed by 12/31/2014 11:59:59 PST.

You're right, I misread the end date.

Back in stock, rebate valid until next year 12/31/14.

Looks like they are back in stock again. i placed an order this AM. Hopefully it sticks?
Don't forget about the FWCB. It could help offset some tax.

Got 3. Thanks OP.

In for 3

In 4 3 too.

Whoo in for 3!

I appreciate that the rebate is rather quick versus 3-4 months usually and a ton of work to complete.

Ordered yesterday, received today ( NJ to NY )
Followed the instructions, redeemed $45 to my Paypal account instantly
Thanks OP!

That couldn't have been easier.  3 PayPal Here card readers arrived today, $45.00 in my PayPal account in seconds, and $45.00 on it's way back to my checking account shortly thereafter.  With 5% Discover CashBack, $10.80 MM.

Thanks OP!

Sorry do you'll do Manufactured spend with this ?

Skipping 48 Messages...
lepa71 said:   Does the code "EMCPGHE75" work still?

That code is now expired.  Too bad, as it really made this a half decent flip.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014