• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
credit techbargains

Newegg has this item for $48.76 after coupon code EMCWWWS38 with free shipping and no tax in most states

Roku 2 XS 1080p HD Streaming Media Player W/ Motion Sensor Control & Angry Birds - 3100X-B (refurb)
1000+ channels with movies, TV shows, music, sports & more
High-definition streaming up to 1080p HD
Works with virtually any TV
Free app for iOS and Android
Built-in wireless & wired connectiv

Streams Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, Crackle, Pandora, and much more. Upgrades over the standard HD version include:

Streams 1080p high definition video
Enhanced remote with motion control for games
FREE full edition of Angry Birds game
Ethernet port for wired internet connection
USB port for music, videos & photos

Hope this might help someone. Thank you for reading.

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Roku
See Roku promo codes that earn 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Roku 2 XS
Thanks erohrer
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sorry for the stupid question but I am new to this stuff. If i buy this will I get more free content than i currently get streaming Amazon Prime through my Wii?

freakinout said:   Sorry for the stupid question but I am new to this stuff. If i buy this will I get more free content than i currently get streaming Amazon Prime through my Wii?

You'll have more available options in the way of "channels" (Amazon VOD is one channel) where some are free , others are not . So basically , YES more free content than Amazon VOD/Prime by itself .

http://www.roku.com/now-playing     
http://www.rokuguide.com/channels    

You also get the easier to use remote...at least for some mom's and dads. 4yr old kids have no issues using the wii for Netflix and Amazon vod!

Roku is very nice for paid services too. Perhaps cut cost of cable TV, by reducing boxes and DVR needed. OTA HDTV is free, but commercials stink esp for kids.

Paid services like MLB.tv, Aereo is also available for Roku in some citys...or if you have family member that allows you to use their city for Aero! Works well to watch Football outside your market.

I've been using aero mainly to help my brother since he has no OTA reception. $8 per month for 1 tuner cloud DVR or $12 for 2 tuner plus 60Hrs. In many ways it works better than TWC DVR that charges similar fee and always runs out of space.

https://aereo.com/about

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014