• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Staples
Disclaimer
Just got back from Staples - 2484 N. Elston, Chicago, IL 60647
Got a hint from a friend that they have Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" (635753498493) for $160.50
I got the last one at this store according to clerk.
Didn't check other locations.
Clerk didn't know if this was the price only at this store, or only in Chicago or nationwide.
If it's not on display, just ask for it.
No coupon, no manager approval necessary. Clerk just scanned the price and it was $160.50 before tax.

SKU 901009 -> thx UkeDoggie

Samsung   Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P5113 16 GB Tablet - 10.1" - 1 GHz - Titanium Silver 1 Year - 24 x 7 x 1 Hour - Technical - Electronic and Physical Service 1 GB RAM - Android 4.1 Jelly Bean - Slate - 1280 x 800 - Bluetooth -> thx Don Morgan

Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy Tab
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
that coupon expired last sunday.

linrick (Nov. 22, 2013 @ 2:39p) |

Thank you.

snmathew (Nov. 22, 2013 @ 3:38p) |

Thank you for posting this! I searched hard in the northern suburbs of ATL and finally found one! What a great deal!

gatorwx (Nov. 24, 2013 @ 8:36p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

did you try to use the $50 coupon? if not go back and ask them to tack it on. hopefully this is not in the excluded skus.

didn't try it, but I will

Do you have the 6 digit item number/sku?

can you post which model this is? 

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P5113 16 GB Tablet - 10.1" - 1 GHz - Titanium Silver 1 Year - 24 x 7 x 1 Hour - Technical - Electronic and Physical Service 1 GB RAM - Android 4.1 Jelly Bean - Slate - 1280 x 800 - Bluetooth

where is the 50 off coupon

Lakeside5 said:   where is the 50 off coupon
  just go to Staples.com and click on deals at top right.

Receipt
Disclaimer
I just bought a Samsung   Galaxy Tab 3 16GB 10.1" at my OfficeMax   for $238 total including taxes . Is this better? Shall I return it? So confused with all these different Galaxy, Notes, Phablets, Tablets, etc... 

Edit: Uploaded receipt. Sorry, this was a close shutting down so I got the last one.

IMO, for w/e it's worth ... Galaxy 2 7.0 for $130 vs Galaxy 3 for $240 ... a no brainer.  Galaxy 2 has nearly everything Galaxy 3 has to offer.

9.25% sales tax? Ouch, that hurts! Great deal if you can find one on clearance

how did you get $238 in Office Depot?

TrueKnight said:   I just bought a Samsung   Galaxy Tab 3 16GB 10.1" at my OfficeMax   for $238 total including taxes . Is this better? Shall I return it? So confused with all these different Galaxy, Notes, Phablets, Tablets, etc... 
 how did you get $238 in OfficeMax?    Thanks!

palex1 said:   how did you get $238 in Office Depot?
  he said OfficeMax, not Office Depot

For $238? How did you get it so cheap? With Staples coupon $50 off, I got it for $309. And you got tab 3 10.1" and not the 7", correct?

whats the SKU 6 Digit Number so i can check inventory?

IMO chances of finding one of these Samsung tablets is slim to none. Most of these got cleaned out of Staples stores by resellers back in September when Staples sent out that now infamous $75 off any Samsung tablet coupon and the GT-P5113 was already on clearance nationwide at that time for $248.50. Here is the old FW Thread  The store where the OP found these probably had some non-inventory com returns

DonnieDuck said:   9.25% sales tax? Ouch, that hurts! Great deal if you can find one on clearance
  welcome to C(r)ook County

radgalez said:   
DonnieDuck said:   9.25% sales tax? Ouch, that hurts! Great deal if you can find one on clearance

I agree.  A couple of months ago I was shopping in Chicago for the first time.  I thought the store was ripping me off when I got the bill.  The sales clerk  pointed out the sales tax.  I only purchased what was on clearance and put everything else back.

pjrxj said:   
radgalez said:   

I agree.  A couple of months ago I was shopping in Chicago for the first time.  I thought the store was ripping me off when I got the bill.  The sales clerk  pointed out the sales tax.  I only purchased what was on clearance and put everything else back.

It hit 10.25% in the past but they rolled it back down so I'm glad its back to 9.25% lol

cnIsfg said:   IMO chances of finding one of these Samsung tablets is slim to none. Most of these got cleaned out of Staples stores by resellers back in September when Staples sent out that now infamous $75 off any Samsung tablet coupon and the GT-P5113 was already on clearance nationwide at that time for $248.50. Here is the old FW Thread   The store where the OP found these probably had some non-inventory com returns
  thanks, that linked thread divulges the Staples SKU number for this item (901009)
  such that you can confirm that no Staples local to you has any in stock, using one of the available inventory checkers...

josney said:   
palex1 said:   how did you get $238 in Office Depot?
  he said OfficeMax, not Office Depot

they're both 1 company now.

I've probably missed my chance by now since I think the one guy helping me probably bought it, but would it actually be a good idea to buy a Tab 2 10.1 that had been a display model for half a year?  Refurbished is one thing, but I have no idea what kind of abuse something out for public use would take.

mikoo said:   For $238? How did you get it so cheap? With Staples coupon $50 off, I got it for $309. And you got tab 3 10.1" and not the 7", correct?
  Yes it was the 10" one. The store was closing so I don't think other stores will match but I uploaded receipt on my original post for anyone that wants to try.

Ended up getting the display model of the Tab 2 after all.  Unfortunately only after I got home did I notice a couple tiny and shallow scratches near the top of the screen.  It's nothing noticeable unless I hold it up at an angle against a bright light, and I can't feel them at all, but it's kind of depressing.  Still, for about $117 out the door I'll live with it, unless there are any products that can actually polish out a scratch.

I scored one of these Sat for $110 out the door. absolute steal! THX OP!!!

so $50 off $149 worked?

Still alive! Just bought 2 in Memphis

The $50 off $149 coupon worked.

Please help- on pressing deals on Staples site- do not see the $50 coupon- is this zip code specific?

snmathew said:   Please help- on pressing deals on Staples site- do not see the $50 coupon- is this zip code specific?
  that coupon expired last sunday. 

Thank you.

Thank you for posting this! I searched hard in the northern suburbs of ATL and finally found one! What a great deal!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014