• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Seiki Digital SE39UY04 39-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz LED TV
Disclaimer
Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Seiki-Digital-SE39UY04-39-Inch-Ultra/dp/B0...

I haven't seen this good of a price since a few days after they first debut'd the thing and it was $499 (me and my dad both got one). My dad just ordered a second one to use at home.

At 4k these monitors are only 30hz. I personally feel this is fine for desktop usage and video but it does bug some people for desktop usage.

Panel is S-MVA. Good response time, great viewing angles, good color. Almost as good as IPS but far superior contrast compared to IPS.

These are replacing dated 22 inch 4k monitors from 2003-2006 era for me. The 50 inch can take 120hz 1080p or 240hz 720p input and actually output 120hz which makes it good/great for gaming (1 frame of input lag).

The 39 inch (one linked) unfortunately has a problem where it drops half the frames when given a 1080p@120hz (or drops 75% of the frames @ 720p @ 240hz) even  though it displays output just fine. Seiki have been telling me they are going to fix this for months and it should be a simple firmware fix but until that is done I wouldn't call the 39 inch version great for gaming like the 50 inch one. Seiki may fix this soon which will mean this could make an excellent gaming monitor.

I personally feel these are the best panels I have used for under $1000 by far.

Keep in mind you need a computer with HDMI 1.4 output to drive this. Any computer/OS should be able to drive this if it has thunderbolt/displayport if you use this adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/Accell-B086B-008B-2-UltraAV-DisplayPort-Ad...

This is the only adapter available that will work properly on everything in cluding Mac OS X.

Member Summary

Seiki Digital SE39UY04 39-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz LED TV
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014