• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Be sure to click on "clip this coupon" to get $10 off $39 = $30

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00FS2N34U 

the above link includes EXTRA Brushhead.  ($12), hurry.

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

In. Thanks, OP. Especially good deal with the extra brushhead, which costs over $10 (~$30 for a 3-pack).

Great buy, thanks OP.

In for one..Thx OP. Anyone know what the diff is between this and more expensive models?

There is a warning message saying "Item under review"

OOS

glenatuf said:   In for one..Thx OP. Anyone know what the diff is between this and more expensive models?

I used to work for Sonicare in Snoqualmie WA.

This is good deal of old designs: original Sonicare body with Elite model head.  This model is made in China near Xuhai by Philips shaver factory with deplorable quality in the beginning but now better.  Built in design flaw is for the battery (from SAFT France) encased in epoxy to stop taking charge 3 yrs later so customer is forced to upgrade.

Sonicare products are generally inferior to Oral B products made in Germany (vs truly crappy plants in China) in design, construction and reliability.  Replacement heads are RIPOFF but it required hand assembly using open flame in WA (old design) and newer Elite heads require laser trimming by Trumpf machines from Germany.  The sonic version of Oral B is truly ingenenious and scared the hell out of Sonicare - sadly Oral B did terrible job marketing it.  In any case Oral B's rotating heads performed much better than Sonicare designs.

So take it from insider and try Oral B instead.

Looks like it is available again without the extra brushhead. If you still want to buy a Sonicare after reading BPH789's post also check this thread Link where there is a deal for $25 at Drugstore.

classicmac said:   Looks like it is available again without the extra brushhead. If you still want to buy a Sonicare after reading BPH789's post also check this thread Link  where there is a deal for $25 at Drugstore.

All

Sonicare is good product.  I use it myself - well 'cos I got dozens of free handset samples and tons of brush heads all from qualification builds.

Only negative is exhorbitant brush head replacement cost and it should be replace often but many people end up replacing infrequently due to again cost.  The Elite and original head design relied too much on intricate head to do the "work" but newer model is more like Oral B (Sonicare finally admitted that its design sucks and now copying Oral B).

Besides the biggest secret Sonicare won't share is the company and 3rd party companies who did the study (not funded by Sonicare or P&G/Oral B) all showed that rotating heads perform much better than sonic designs.  Oral B used to sell sub-$20 electric brush few years ago and that model scared the heck out of Sonicare marketing so they created its own version for "children" (LOL as it was not but so as not to scavenge sales of costlier models) with replacement battery (like the one mentioned here) but it was a DISASTER made in China piece of crap.

Have had an e series Sonicare for 3 years now - same brush handle. It does a darn good job cleaning my teeth and has been very reliable. The big but is that the brush wands/heads are expensive $12 - $15 each. When I need to replace it I will buy one of the higher end models which have the less expensive refills.

In 4 1
had $15 in Amazon Chase card Cash Back , got htis for $15

BPH789's review has me scratching my head a bit....

I've been using Sonicare toothbrushes for about five years. I'm on my second one. Even though both models seem to do an excellent job at cleaning my teeth, if you're going to buy a  Sonicare toothbrush, I would strongly suggest buying one of the newer models, with the smaller, cleaner brush head. The previous models' brush heads became disgustingly dirty, regardless of how diligently and how often they were cleaned. The newer models corrected that problem.

I believe the model in this deal is one of the older ones.

But now I'm wondering about the Oral B sonic toothbrush that BPH789 suggested.

I'd get Oral B Sonic Complete when on sale.

This is truly ingenious design from using motor to create sonic action.  We at Sonicare were awed and scared at the same time when we got Oral B sonic complete as to how they were able to design such great product that blew away Elite product lines regurgitated for years with gimmicky marketing tricks.

For that matter getting cheapest rotating head Oral B will do better job than any older Sonicare models.

cga said:   I would strongly suggest buying one of the newer models, with the smaller, cleaner brush head. The previous models' brush heads became disgustingly dirty, regardless of how diligently and how often they were cleaned. The newer models corrected that problem.
  If you have a Sonicare that uses the older style brush head I would highly recommend the SonicSeal.  It covers the bottom part of the brush head and creates a seal with the body.  This prevents the "disgusting" stuff from building up under the brush head.  I have had my Sonicare for years now and it looks like new.  I'll add that I have no affiliation with the company just a satisfied customer.  Link 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014