• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I went to my Amazon cart this morning and saw that I could get a 5 dollar promo code for linking my Discover card for "Shop with Points."

Posting a link only leads you to where you can link your card so this might be YMMV.

Promo details 

Member Summary

discover header
Thanks AlphabetBackward
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks...that doesn't work for me, though... I bought a $7 OTG USB Host adapter from Startech for $2.67 after $5 off and... (more)

View (Dec. 05, 2013 @ 1:48p) |

I didn't get the offer either. I had previously linked my Discover to shop with points but I unlinked it a couple weeks ... (more)

NightSpirit (Dec. 05, 2013 @ 2:35p) |

The T&C doesn't mention anything about paying with CashBack. You should have called/chatted with them about it to have i... (more)

scripta (Dec. 06, 2013 @ 12:40a) |

Bah...didn't see my attachment so I kept uploading it...
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I got the same offer on my Amazon account.

Where are you finding this offer? I searched the entire site.
Thank You!

I am logged in to my prime account. Just click to view your cart, even if it has no items in it. There will be a banner ad at the top. 

I don't see that banner, possibly because I already had my Discover card linked to Amazon. Could someone post the banner link? Thanks!

ryangoldstein said:   I don't see that banner, possibly because I already had my Discover card linked to Amazon. Could someone post the banner link? Thanks!
  Same here (don't see, need banner)!

For me it shows up when I look at my cart.  I even went through the link process and it is still showing up.

no luck for me

shopping cart
Disclaimer
Here's what I see.

AlphabetBackward said:   Here's what I see.
  what is the underlying link when you hover over "learn more" (or right click learn more and select properties)?

It doesn't appear to be targeted, as I can use this in a different browser, and my account info doesn't appear (nor does it sign me in):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/shopwithpoints/marketing.html/ref=swp_vc_dcb5p_nm?pr=swpdfscbb&inc=swpdfs&ts=5n02b8lgu8x5aylat1vd09lxob8r1me&flavor=cbbpromo&plattr=SWPVC5DCBP&ad=PPSWP1&place=vc&imp=AAIWB27BGPL33

Hmm...it disappeared for me and I've yet to receive my promotional code...

Okay. If anyone is still following, I just received my code this morning.

AlphabetBackward said:   Okay. If anyone is still following, I just received my code this morning.

I also received mine this morning.

Technologist said:   
ryangoldstein said:   I don't see that banner, possibly because I already had my Discover card linked to Amazon. Could someone post the banner link? Thanks!
  Same here (don't see, need banner)!

SO in that case does it allow proceeding or option being absent means SOL?

"Get a $5 promo code with a maximum amount of $5 on an eligible purchase after linking your eligible Discover card to your Amazon.com account and entering your promotional code at checkout through the Amazon.com shopping cart. After redeeming the code, the credit will be automatically applied to your future eligible purchases until the credit balance is used or until the credit expires (whichever comes first)."

What do the eligible purchase include? Will $5 Amazon GC purchase qualify?

AlphabetBackward said:   Okay. If anyone is still following, I just received my code this morning.
  How much time lag between signup, and code email receipt?

Just signed up 2 accts, one got a confirmation email right away (but no talk of any $ amount code), other acct got no email after comparable time

invisible said:   
  How much time lag between signup, and code email receipt?

Just signed up 2 accts, one got a confirmation email right away (but no talk of any $ amount code), other acct got no email after comparable time

Two days for me.

invisible said:   "Get a $5 promo code with a maximum amount of $5 on an eligible purchase after linking your eligible Discover card to your Amazon.com account and entering your promotional code at checkout through the Amazon.com shopping cart. After redeeming the code, the credit will be automatically applied to your future eligible purchases until the credit balance is used or until the credit expires (whichever comes first)."

What do the eligible purchase include? Will $5 Amazon GC purchase qualify?

"3. Promotion codes must be redeemed through www.amazon.com and may only be used once on qualifying products shipped and sold by Amazon.com or its affiliates."

This didn't work for me but I just tried it so may or may not get email. Whatever...

I bypassed this and did a chat and got the $5 credit right away with no expiration.

I imagine that those of us with an Amazon credit card linked to our account won't get that offer.

kdeez said:   I imagine that those of us with an Amazon credit card linked to our account won't get that offer.

I already had an Amazon card linked to my account.  I have used Discover in the past, but it was not linked to my account (being able to pay with Discover Cash Back).

bru20 said:   I bypassed this and did a chat and got the $5 credit right away with no expiration.
  The chat worked like a charm. Thanks for your input! Got it posted in about 2-minutes...

Squonk said:   
bru20 said:   I bypassed this and did a chat and got the $5 credit right away with no expiration.
  The chat worked like a charm. Thanks for your input! Got it posted in about 2-minutes...

note: the chat promo points are invisible points so you only see at time or purchasing in cart -- thats what i was told in chat -- or was yours different and you actually got a code afterwards to apply to purchase?

Same here .. got a $5 promo code that is only shown when you checkout.

invisible said:   
Squonk said:   

note: the chat promo points are invisible points so you only see at time or purchasing in cart -- thats what i was told in chat -- or was yours different and you actually got a code afterwards to apply to purchase?

There is no code, the $5.00 appears in the cart as you were told.

Squonk said:   
invisible said:   
Squonk said:   

seems like they are smart-assing up, for another extended family member account was told code takes 7 days ... had to push them quite a bit to add promo bucks now ... too long a time for chat to do that, not sure worth 5 bux but got them to do so finally.. maybe just badd apple in otherwise excellent Amazon service

invisible said:   
Squonk said:   
invisible said:   
Squonk said:   

seems like they are smart-assing up, for another extended family member account was told code takes 7 days ... had to push them quite a bit to add promo bucks now ... too long a time for chat to do that, not sure worth 5 bux but got them to do so finally.. maybe just badd apple in otherwise excellent Amazon service

Depends on person you get as with all sites that have chat. Same when you call a business. If the call or chat goes wrong I "hang-up" and try again in 15-minutes. Usually never get a difficult person two times in a row...

Does this "promotional balance", as Amazon calls it, has a expiration date?

noelandres said:   Does this "promotional balance", as Amazon calls it, has a expiration date?

Don't think so. Give 'em a chat...

I can't speak for the people who chatted with Amazon to get it but for me, my code expires at the end of this year.

AlphabetBackward said:   I can't speak for the people who chatted with Amazon to get it but for me, my code expires at the end of this year.
  You are correct according to the link, but I was just given a straight $5 promo so don't know if mine expires at that time (I chatted to get the promo). I'll be using it before the end of the year anyway...

It took full 10 days and I almost gave up. But it did show up this morning. I tried the chat but Amazon rep wouldn't do anything because the offer says Discover is the sponsor . Would have been nice to have this few days earlier for a combined $15 credit on a BF deal. Now I have to find something to buy or wait for the Christmas deals. Thanks! OP.

This promotion code(the official one, not from customer service) is really difficult to use. It can only be used when the payment method is Discover cash bonus. It does not work if I choose a different payment method(including payment with Discover card, go figure...)

View said:   This promotion code(the official one, not from customer service) is really difficult to use. It can only be used when the payment method is Discover cash bonus. It does not work if I choose a different payment method(including payment with Discover card, go figure...)
Used mine on a Sub&Save item paying with GC balance

Add any item to cart and go to checkout then apply the promo code to save it to your account -- go back to the shopping cart and delete the item from cart. Next time to order something directly from Amazon it'll automatically take the $5 promo credit off your order

jatan1986 said:   
Used mine on a Sub&Save item paying with GC balance

Add any item to cart and go to checkout then apply the promo code to save it to your account -- go back to the shopping cart and delete the item from cart. Next time to order something directly from Amazon it'll automatically take the $5 promo credit off your order

Thanks...that doesn't work for me, though... I bought a $7 OTG USB Host adapter from Startech for $2.67 after $5 off and paid $2.67 with my Cash Back bonus.
 I tried many times and no way it would go through without using my Discover CashBack. As soon as the payment method is changed the $5 off is also removed. It's hard coded.
 If you obtained the promo code from customer service, the code would work with significantly less restrictions.

I didn't get the offer either. I had previously linked my Discover to shop with points but I unlinked it a couple weeks ago & still no offer so (thanks to your post) I went to chat today & she gave me the $5 promo credit. No fuss. Thanks!

View said:   Thanks...that doesn't work for me, though... I bought a $7 OTG USB Host adapter from Startech for $2.67 after $5 off and paid $2.67 with my Cash Back bonus.
I tried many times and no way it would go through without using my Discover CashBack. As soon as the payment method is changed the $5 off is also removed. It's hard coded.
The T&C doesn't mention anything about paying with CashBack. You should have called/chatted with them about it to have it fixed.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014