• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Linky! 
Soylent Green DVD
Theatrical Release Date:   04/19/1973
This is the year 2022. Overcrowding, pollution, and resource depletion have reduced society's leaders to finding food for the teeming masses. The answer is Soylent Green - an artificial nourishment whose actual ingredients are not known by the public. Thorn is the tough homicide detective who stumbles onto the secret so terrifying no one would dare believe him.

Member Summary

soylent green
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

... is peeeeooooppppllleeee
Disclaimer
Spoiler alert....

At least in the movie people were eating something that had a nutritional value. In the real world we are faced with high frutose corn syrup, trans fat, e coli in meats, etc. They are killing us in plain sight.

This would make a great remake about the year 2013. Replace "soylent green" with "ground beef" & "people" with "horse meat" and I think you've got a box office winner.

I watched this on Prime a few nights ago....It hasn't aged well. When this movie came out, the ending was considered a mind-blowing shock that had viewers talking for weeks....now it is almost funny.

The acting is horrible and the writing is commical.

Don't forget to snack on this while watching the movie....

Yum  

Charlie was great but remember those furniture girls too ...

Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty... oops, wrong movie.

Im in thanks

Yumm

Elric428 said:   Don't forget to snack on this while watching the movie....

Yum    

that aint people
Ingredients
Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Malted Barley Flour), Buttermilk (Cultured Lowfat Milk, Sodium Citrate, Salt), Canola Oil, Sugar, Spinach, Salt, Olive Oil, Spirulina, Baking Soda.

outtawhack said:   This would make a great remake about the year 2013. Replace "soylent green" with "ground beef" & "people" with "horse meat" and I think you've got a box office winner.

I'm sure it'll be available at Aldi, and if there's a good enough deal on it I'm stocking the freezer.

Ha. I took my wife to be to see this movie 40 years ago on our first date. Must have made an impression because we are still married. 

MrSnappy said:   I watched this on Prime a few nights ago....It hasn't aged well. When this movie came out, the ending was considered a mind-blowing shock that had viewers talking for weeks....now it is almost funny.

The acting is horrible and the writing is commical.

I can't agree with you.

It's typical of the budget and effects constrained sci-fi films of the era, particularly the ones with Heston in the lead.  Heston has a slightly over-dramatic style, not uncommon for live stage theater actors of his generation.  That works in movies that are epic (Ben Hur comes to mind), but doesn't work quite as well in roles of smaller stature (a grimey beat cop in an overcrowded future world).  Edward G. Robinson was terrific in his supporting role (his last performance).  Script was ok. 

The movie works as a sorta-campy classic.  Certainly worth four bucks for anyone to add to a decent Sci Fi collection on DVD.

directed by richard fleischer, one of the best in history.

MrSnappy said:   ....It hasn't aged well...horrible...and commical.
  Your film review ability is on par with your spelling.  This is classic, doomsday, future of the past 70's sci-fi.

Blu-ray Review: Soylent Green | High-Def Digest
Disclaimer
$7.69 on Bluray at WBShop .

I May grab it on Bluray , but its been a looooong time since I last saw this flick , and I may need to do a Amazon prime watch of it first .

Bluray reviews :
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Soylent-Green-Blu-ray/19066/        
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4514/soylentgreen.html       
http://www.avforums.com/review/soylent-green-review.7770       

(to note: Bluray is in DTS-HD Master Audio Mono )

TonyDls said:   At least in the movie people were eating something that had a nutritional value. In the real world we are faced with high frutose corn syrup, trans fat, e coli in meats, etc. They are killing us in plain sight.

We are fed like pigs at the trough, with food engineered with flavoring compounds derived from aborted fetus' kidneys so that we will savor the comforting flavors that with we are corrupted.

"With your head down in the pig bin,
Saying "Keep on digging."
Pig stain on your fat chin.
What do you hope to find.
When you're down in the pig mine."

from Pink Floyd - Animals - Pigs

boo on you ! You must be people

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014