• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Shop Whirlpool Gold 25.6-cu ft 3 French Door Refrigerator with Single Ice Maker Satina Steel ENERGY STAR at Lowes.com
Disclaimer
Found the price was reduced $100 on 11/23.   Nice refrigerator; see my comments below.

Model: 
GI6SARXXF listed elsewhere as GI6SARXXY.  linkyHere   

Lowes has this on sale after you add to shopping cart.  GREAT fridge; just bought my second one this week (we moved to a new home).  Check the height constraints over your current fridge. At 70", we had to modify the cabinet about for this to fit. Worth it, though!

Neutralize most sales tax with the ebates.com Cash Back program, too.  

Used a 10% post office moving discount (register you move online for $1; the Lowes discount card is mailed from USPS to your new home address), or you can use a 5% Lowes card discount.

Or, use the 10% post office card and then use AmEx Gold or other card to get 2nd year free warranty extension, OR choose Lowes $119 5-year service contract, which is what we did. Maybe your Discover card will net you a 5% Cash Back, too?
Specs: Whirlpool Gold 25.6-cu ft 3 French Door Refrigerator with Single Ice Maker (Satina Steel) ENERGY STAR

• Get the look of stainless without the fingerprints
  • ENERGY STAR® qualified, this refrigerator meets government standards to help conserve natural resources and save money on utility bills
  • Accu-Chill™ temperature management system enabled by 6th Sense™ technology returns food to the desired temperature quickly
  • Tap touch controls - the sleek, high-tech touch screen allows you to interact directly with your refrigerator and navigate through its features
  • Exterior ice and water dispenser provides easy access to chilled, filtered water on the outside of the refrigerator
  • PuR water filtration reduces unwanted impurities from household water, giving you filtered ice and water direct from your refrigerator
  • SpillGuard™ glass shelves contains spills and simplify cleanup, preventing liquids from leaking onto shelves below
  • Full-width pantry drawer easily accommodates wide items like party platters and sheet cakes

Appliance Color/Finish Stainless look
Overall Capacity (Cu. Feet) 25.6
Refrigerator Capacity (Cu. Feet) 18.9
Freezer Capacity (Cu. Feet) 6.7
Door Texture Smooth
Door Style Contoured
Hidden Hinge Yes
Handle Type Standard
Water Filtration Yes
Dispenser Options Filtered water and cubed/crushed ice
Child Safety Locks Yes
Water Filter Indicator Yes
Door Alarm Yes
Dispenser Light Yes
Ice Maker Single
Space-Saving In-Door Ice No
Air Filtration No
Dual Evaporator Cooling System No
Refrigerator Interior Lighting Incandescent
Electronic Temperature Control Yes
Shelf Options Adjustable spillproof sliding glass shelves
Temperature Controlled Drawer Yes
Snack/Deli Drawer Yes
Pantry Drawer Temperature-controlled
Door Shelves 6.0
Gallon Door Storage Yes
Humidity-Controlled Crispers 2
Freezer Door Bins 1

Freezer Baskets 1
Freezer Door Style Pull-out drawer
Frost-Free Yes
ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
CEE Tier Qualified CEE Tier II
Height to Top of Case (Inches) 68.625
Height to Top of Door Hinge (Inches) 70.125
Width (Inches) 35.625
Depth (Including Handles) (Inches) 35.25
Depth (Excluding Handles) (Inches) 32.875
Depth (Less Door) (Inches) 29.0
Depth with Door Open (Inches) 48.0
Manufacturer Color/Finish Satina Steel
Cabinet Color Gray
Door Handle(s) Color Stainless steel
Toe Grille Color Gray
Custom Door Kit Compatible No
Manufacturer's Warranty (Labor) 1-year limited
Manufacturer's Warranty (Parts) 1-year limited
Lowe's Exclusive Yes
Color/Finish Family Steel-Painted
CSA Safety Listing No
ETL Safety Listing No
UL Safety Listing No
ADA Compliant No
Sub-Brand Gold
Series N/A
Number of Doors 3.0

Lowe's
See Lowe's promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Lots of bad reviews, especially on the ice maker.

The icemaker is a trade-off. Having the ice maker in the fridge section of a French door model instead of the freezer puts it in a warmer location, and takes up fridge space. I had no problem with mine, and am glad to buy one again. It may depend on how much ice you consume, and how often you open the fridge. If you use a lot of ice, and you've got the fridge open often, I can believe you might run into problems. Honestly, that's why I have a slight preference for the side-by-side models, BUT I have to admit the big, open storage space of the French door models is very, very convenient.

I noticed a number of other brands are now moving the French door icemaker and storage into the left-side door itself. I find those doors really heavy and hard to open/close. Industrial design is a process of trade-off optimization. This design works for me. Re: life of appliances, they ALL seem to have shorter lives, and repairs seem un-affordable. That's why I shop carefully for a reasonably priced service contract.

Some brands now seem to be offering two cooling compressor systems. Mildly terrifying when I consider the repair costs for each -- or both -- compressors! That's just me, I suppose, but I'm an engineer, and I tend towards the "Keep it Simple, Stupid" approach. Less is more.

(If you want to look at consumer reviews, where the scores are roughly in the 4-4.5 range, I posted links this summer when I bought the first one: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1282609/)

Just my 2 cents...

Nice review Ace..Nice to hear first hand info

Just found it marked down to $1196 at my local Lowes and at Lowes.com (using the same Linky above). Caught the reduced price before it was delivered, and the in-store Customer Service wacked off $100 plus taxes from my bill! Yippie! Oddly, the price online states "good through 5/22/14." Pricing mistake? Whatever: they honored the price. YMMV, and you might need to go into the store to see the price on the units. My Customer Service person accepted the printout from their own Lowes.com web site, bless them. In your excitement, don't forget the 5% ebates Cash Back, nor the 5% Lowes charge card. That trimmed my cost by 10%!  Kept the 5-yr warranty for $119; seems to be the best price on the web.  just about 10% of cost, which is NICE!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.