• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

LG WiFi Built-in Blu-ray Player
Disclaimer
This Blu-ray player is being sold at new egg for $49.99, you have to add to cart to get the price.  The same blu-ray player is $54.99 at best buy on black friday.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882005155

Member Summary

Blu-ray Player
Thanks erohrer
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
With iffy reviews, why not buy the $55 Sony from Amazon or Best Buy? Is it the extra $5?

Slickone (Nov. 24, 2013 @ 3:06p) |

Back alive as of 11/25/13

jmace57 (Nov. 25, 2013 @ 1:03p) |

i just got the 3d player
this is my 2nd LG player, first 1 from woot a refurb. died in 6 months if this does not last 3 ... (more)

crtt (Nov. 25, 2013 @ 1:34p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks, got one.

in for one, thanks op

Does any one of the above players, have a web browser?

Do you know if this supports Amazon Prime videos ?

showing 68.49, did request price e-mail and text. deal dead already?

Edit: it temporarily did go up, back down in for 1

vinayabc said:   Do you know if this supports Amazon Prime videos ?
  My BP200 had Amazon Prime and the latest firmware update removed it!!! Other than that the BluRay is great! I was just really upset that I bought mine because it HAD Amazon Prime and a couple months after it was removed. Emails to LG were replied to with a generic message which was not helpful at all.

Not dead, just got it thanks ah8174!

DLNA??

ImABozo said:   DLNA??

Doesn't look like it
http://www.lg.com/us/blu-ray-players/lg-BP300-blu-ray-player 

Okay, sorry for the stupid question but, can I connect this or the 3D player to a standard def TV? These prices are good to start the upgrade process, but I'm waiting to see a good holiday sale (or after) to get a HDTV. I'm guessing I can still play DVD or Blu-Ray disks on an old TV with these LGs. The display will just not be HD.

Thanks

in for one.. the 3D version..

dalejava said:   Okay, sorry for the stupid question but, can I connect this or the 3D player to a standard def TV? These prices are good to start the upgrade process, but I'm waiting to see a good holiday sale (or after) to get a HDTV. I'm guessing I can still play DVD or Blu-Ray disks on an old TV with these LGs. The display will just not be HD.

Thanks

No.

Both of these blu ray players are HDMI output only.

Can anyone speak to whether the player is good or not? No reviews on the egg. Can't find the product on Amazzon.

Edit: NM...found them. Still not many reviews, but found them. Had to take the search off of kitchen goods.

thanks for the answer, just checked LG.com and noticed the HDMI only.

I just gotta get that HDTV.  Come on Santa orCyber Monday

got it. thanks. no reason for me to wait in line on BF.

bluray and standard def TV don't go together.

may i connect 3D printer to it?

buzhidao said:   bluray and standard def TV don't go together.
  Like.... Peanut butter and tuna fish.....

There usually seem to be a lot of failure reports for LG BDP's on Amazon.

Best Buy will have this BDP w/ WIFI for $55 on BF. Wouldn't that be worth it?
Here it is on Amazon.

BP300 got so few reviews on Amazon. Hard to find out if there is a hidden issue on this model.
Is BP330 a better model?

got 1

got 1. thanks OP

misch said:   
dalejava said:   Okay, sorry for the stupid question but, can I connect this or the 3D player to a standard def TV? These prices are good to start the upgrade process, but I'm waiting to see a good holiday sale (or after) to get a HDTV. I'm guessing I can still play DVD or Blu-Ray disks on an old TV with these LGs. The display will just not be HD.

Thanks

No .

Although maybe not ideal, aren't there devices to down-convert the signal to composite or component? 

This actually works with the current $10 off $40 deal when shopping through their mobile app or site and checking out with google wallet with code MBLWALLET. Worked out to $39.99 shipped for me...

Thanks OP!

when does best buy have ANYTHING cheaper than anyone else?

lordoffire said:   when does best buy have ANYTHING cheaper than anyone else?
  When paying their employees. Must be cheaper based pay, because they always seems quite aggressive in pushing additional services, must be for the better commission

taipan said:   This actually works with the current $10 off $40 deal when shopping through their mobile app or site and checking out with google wallet with code MBLWALLET. Worked out to $39.99 shipped for me...

Thanks OP!

I don't see google wallet as a checkout option.  I see paypal and master pass.

In for one. Thanks OP!

What is a blu ray player used for?

3D is back to 99, non 3d is still 49.99 in for one!

dazviking said:   
misch said:   

Thanks

No  .

Although maybe not ideal, aren't there devices to down-convert the signal to composite or component? 

I'm sure there's a way to rig it up, but why wouldn't you just stick to DVD?

Would this woot deal http://moofi.woot.com/offers/samsung-blu-ray-player-with-apps-wi...  for a Samsung BD-E5400C Blu-ray Player with Apps & Wi-Fi (with DLNA) for $39.99 a better deal than the LG? Debating between the two. . .

PsychoFan said:   Would this woot deal http://moofi.woot.com/offers/samsung-blu-ray-player-with-apps-wi...   for a Samsung BD-E5400C Blu-ray Player with Apps & Wi-Fi (with DLNA) for $39.99 a better deal than the LG? Debating between the two. . .
  Pretty crappy reviews on Amazon? more 1s than 5s
no WPA wireless connect is pretty big negative

brehas said:   
dazviking said:   
misch said:   

Thanks

No   .

I'm sure there's a way to rig it up, but why wouldn't you just stick to DVD?

This blue ray is 'smart' so presumably things like Netflix, WiFi, etc.  The person didn't say what his connections are, but I believe it is possible to have digital connections on a Standard Def tv. 
Here's a HDMI toYPbPR + R/L Audio box ~$40.  May not be ideal, or work great, but could get by until that great HDTV deal comes along.

You are stuck in the past when saying something like this. BB has improved quite a bit in the last couple of years.

I combined this with the $10 off MBLWALLET coupon and got it for $39.99. Thanks OP!

MPoWeRM3 said:   
  You are stuck in the past when saying something like this. BB has improved quite a bit in the last couple of years.

What specifically do they have regularly have cheaper than any of their competitors?

I just looked for RAM and everything they had was noticeably more.

Skipping 12 Messages...
i just got the 3d player
this is my 2nd LG player, first 1 from woot a refurb. died in 6 months if this does not last 3 years i'm done with LG

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014