• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Log in to your Starbucks account through the website https://www.starbucks.com/account/signin and potentially receive an offer to join the Star Dash. Once you join it, you must collect X stars by December 3rd for a $5 egift card, and X stars for a $10 egift card.

The number of stars required varies.  For me it was 4 for $5 and 6 for $10.

Member Summary

Starbucks Holiday Star Dash
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Came here to follow-up. I did the Holiday Dash and should have received a $10 reward. Never received. Triple checked for... (more)

kenta978 (Dec. 23, 2013 @ 7:48p) |

Wow that was quick. Starbucks customer service addressed the issue! Rock on.

kenta978 (Dec. 24, 2013 @ 8:29a) |

Thanks to all that responded to my complaint about how completely useless and frustrating star codes from bags have been... (more)

fatgempler (Dec. 27, 2013 @ 3:09p) |

Staff Summary
  • Starbucks Store Coupons:
    AFF5
    Save 5% on your order for existing customers (expires 1/1/15 11:59pm)
    US only. Online only. Excludes Verismo machines and pods
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm 7 for $5 and 10 for $10.

Same count for me.

5 and 8 for me. Thanks OP

mine is 10 for $5 and 16 for $10.  way too much this time

altho i have a code for bogo blended 358.

ugh - not showing for me yet

NOTE: free star code in notification email:

title: The Holiday Star Dash is here—earn a $10 eGift

AS YOU'RE DASHING THROUGH THE SEASON...
Earn Stars and get a Starbucks Card eGift during THE HOLIDAY STAR DASH now through December 3.
Earn 7 Stars get a $5 eGift. Earn 10 Stars get a $10 eGift.

To join, log in to your account. And we're giving you a starter Star—just for joining. Enter this Star Code when you log in:
M3R***Z43

JOIN NOW

4 for $5 and 6 for $10

5 for $5 8 for $10

Got a starter star code as well

Does anyone know how to get the frustrating starbucks website to spit out info about how many stars you need to maintain gold for another year?
 managed to somehow get the date my gold status expires, but there is no way to tell how many stars I've accumulated since I made gold status.
I tried transaction history but it only goes back 2 months.

thanks

At the top where it says, Hello Name, click that and the drop down will tell you how many stars you need. 

Mine says,

Gold Level
Earn 23 Stars to enjoy Gold Level Status for another year.

Hm don't see anything.

Funbus said:   At the top where it says, Hello Name, click that and the drop down will tell you how many stars you need. 

Mine says,

Gold Level

Thanks. For me it says:
5 stars to earn the next free reward.
Congrats you have earned Gold status for another year.
No info on how many stars to get gold again.

But elsewhere, it says I earned Gold status 9 months ago in Feb 2013. So my gold status will expire Feb 2014 (the exact expiration date was indicated on a different page that i cannot find now). 

The website has been a bit frustrating, especially how transactions older than 2-3 months just disappear into a black hole, else I would've just used that info to calculate how many stars I earned since my gold status renewed in Feb 2013.

I have emailed customer service, hopefully I will get a useful/ non-canned response in a few days.

vrb747 said:   
Funbus said:   At the top where it says, Hello Name, click that and the drop down will tell you how many stars you need. 

Mine says,

Gold Level

Thanks. For me it says:
5 stars to earn the next free reward.
Congrats you have earned Gold status for another year.
No info on how many stars to get gold again.

But elsewhere, it says I earned Gold status 9 months ago in Feb 2013. So my gold status will expire Feb 2014 (the exact expiration date was indicated on a different page that i cannot find now). 

The website has been a bit frustrating, especially how transactions older than 2-3 months just disappear into a black hole, else I would've just used that info to calculate how many stars I earned since my gold status renewed in Feb 2013.

I have emailed customer service, hopefully I will get a useful/ non-canned response in a few days.

Mine is also at the very top where it says "Hello [Name]." It has been really hard to figure out how many stars you have currently ever since they got rid of the page with the cup of stars... But if you have the Starbucks app, you can easily check your number of stars. It's under the "Rewards" tab.

sherryillk said:   Mine is also at the very top where it says "Hello [Name]." It has been really hard to figure out how many stars you have currently ever since they got rid of the page with the cup of stars... But if you have the Starbucks app, you can easily check your number of stars. It's under the "Rewards" tab.

Thanks. I checked the app. It says 0 (zero) stars to maintain Gold Level (30/30 stars).
Also says Gold status expires Feb 2014.

I guess what Starbucks means is I have to collect 30 stars after Feb 2014 (within 12 months) to maintain my gold status thereafter. Technically, that would mean my gold status is valid till Feb 2015 even if I do not accumulate any more stars; and my status will revert to green and I will lose any accumulated stars if I do not get at least 30 stars between Feb 2014 and Feb 2015. Or at least thats what I hope they mean

rsuaver said:   ugh - not showing for me yet

Same here, and I;m a Gold member

MassageByEd said:   

They tend to ignore you sometimes. I was ignored when they had this promo a few months ago (Im a gold member). The last promo they had, they wanted me to get too many stars to get a bonus giftcard (something like 20 stars for $10 GC). So I ignored them . And I cut way back on my visits as well. i guess they got the message (got the 5 for $5 and 8 fo $10 promo this time).

Hang in there, I remember getting a promo notice much later (as in days later)  than most others here on FW, the last time around.

Thanks OP - I never check the site.  10 and 16 for me with a starter star. 

10 and 16

Not going out of my way for that

4 for $5 and 6 for $10

Add another 4 for $5, 6 for $10

No starter code like some got...

edit: starter code was included with email, which was received a couple days after i had signed up through the website

vrb747 said:   
MassageByEd said:   

They tend to ignore you sometimes. I was ignored when they had this promo a few months ago (Im a gold member). The last promo they had, they wanted me to get too many stars to get a bonus giftcard (something like 20 stars for $10 GC). So I ignored them . And I cut way back on my visits as well. i guess they got the message (got the 5 for $5 and 8 fo $10 promo this time).

Hang in there, I remember getting a promo notice much later (as in days later)  than most others here on FW, the last time around.

Im gold too and did the fall star dash.  It was 20 for $10 but at the time I was going everyday.  I've cut back a hit and maybe stop by twice a week.

i am getting other offers (last one was half price on espresso drinks) but not getting the holiday star dash.  I will call then tomorrow just in case...

How do you earn stars? By buying coffee? I just set up an account last week after registering a gift card. It says 4 for $5 and 6 for $10.

pachelbel9 said:   How do you earn stars? By buying coffee?

1. Become a criminal in Russia
  2. Buy Starbucks products (http://www.starbucks.com/card/rewards)

pachelbel9 said:   How do you earn stars?

paying in starbucks with a card linked to your account (you can link a card to your account online), and you get one star per transaction (not per item).  you can also ask the cashier to ring up multiple items separately and swipe you for each, and depending on how busy, how friendly, and the line behind you, they are often willing to do this.

buying starbucks beans that have a gold colored tag on the outside of the bag, which contains a star-code that you can then enter on the website to get credit for 1 star.

pachelbel9 said:   How do you earn stars? By buying coffee? 
  No, you have to either buy a Big Mac, clean the bathrooms, or yell "Dunkin Donuts Sucks" really loud.

5 and 8 for me

3 and 5 here

7 and 10.... bleh.

dukerau said:   10 and 16

Not going out of my way for that

Ugh, same here.

7 and 10 for me

vrb747 said:   
MassageByEd said:   

Thanks for the info, vrb

10 and 16 for me. Double *bleh* for me. Heavy Starbucks drinkers should get those any-drink coupons; $1.60 each for me.

5 and 8 for me.  Thanks for the heads up about the extra star code in the email.  I would've completely missed it as I signed up for the offer before I got the email (offer was in my account when I logged in yesterday morning).

i'm gold and have been maintaining my gold status for about 3 years now.  but sb is getting really sucky on me since they limit me 2 star codes daily now.  what's the point of my star dash promo if i can't enter more than 2 a day.

weak...

Earn 10 Stars
get a $5 eGift

Earn 16 Stars
get a $10 eGift

smileyriley said:   
pachelbel9 said:   How do you earn stars?
  paying in starbucks ...

Are Starbucks like Bitcoins???

BTW, I got the 4 for $5 and 6 for $10 offer and I hardly ever buy anything at Starbucks, so I don't know what the logic is (or maybe it's random) 

so if I buy 4 cups of coffee in one transaction, does it count as 4 stars or 1 star?

Toot said:   so if I buy 4 cups of coffee in one transaction, does it count as 4 stars or 1 star?
  One unless you purchase separately. 
Where I am located, I do this when there are no long lines. 

Skipping 36 Messages...
Thanks to all that responded to my complaint about how completely useless and frustrating star codes from bags have been for me. This has been going on for well over a year. Starbucks customer service is useless and act like they are doing me a favor when they do add them manually to my account. The last three they did not add even though I provided a scan of the stupid codes. And I don't think these codes were hijacked. They are so freaking hard to peel off the bag, if they were previously peeled off it would not be like that hard to remove or have perfectly flat edges. Plus I am getting these 2.5lbs of Starbucks from the warehouse club BJ's sometimes out of unopened cases. And Starbucks customer service never indicated that they felt that they were previously entered or asked me about the store where they were purchased. And I fully understand that you can only enter two codes per day so when I buy three 2.5lbs per week i would only try one code per day, but all seem to get rejected.  The bottom line is that I have now given up on Starbucks now that BJ's sell Peets
which is cheaper and better tasting. So goodbye Starbucks and their shananigans. They lost me as a customer and my small business that buys lots of beans every week... Hello Peets
, and saving money for a better tasting cup.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014