• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
out of the 3 accounts in our family, only one had this offer (5 and 8).

Jacie said:   
Toot said:   so if I buy 4 cups of coffee in one transaction, does it count as 4 stars or 1 star?
  One unless you purchase separately. 
Where I am located, I do this when there are no long lines. 

i still make them do it separately.  it doesn't take them but a few seconds per transaction.

jaimelobo said:   
smileyriley said:   
pachelbel9 said:   How do you earn stars?
  paying in starbucks ...

Are Starbucks like Bitcoins???

BTW, I got the 4 for $5 and 6 for $10 offer and I hardly ever buy anything at Starbucks, so I don't know what the logic is (or maybe it's random) 

That seems to be the logic. I go fairly often and mine were 10 for $5 and 16 for $20.

vrb747 said:   5 for $5 8 for $10

Got a starter star code as well

Woah, I didn't even think to check for a starter code. I just ignored the email since I already had entered via the website a day before I even got the email about the Star Dash. I ended up getting 5 for $5 and 8 for $10, which I guess isn't too bad based on what other people have. I went back and checked the email and I had a starter star code too, awesome! Interesting enough, I also recently received a 50% off espresso drink deal on that account so I guess it's going towards there...

But on a somewhat less used backup account, I didn't get the Star Dash, but I they did email me a code for 4 bonus stars... I wonder how they decided who gets what?

woomanhei said:   4 for $5 and 6 for $10
  Ditto.

No star dash for me. I did just receive an email from Starbucks with a code for 4 stars though. Not sure why.

It's 30 star to remain gold , but along the way you earn rewards for every 12 stars.

Or, coffee in one transaction, then a $1.25 rice crispie treat other low-priced item.
Two stars, halfway to $5 gc for me.

Thanks OP! 4 stars for $5 and 6 for $10.

As a reminder/FYI - 2 drinks purchased in one transaction count for only 1 star.
Be sure to separate your transactions.

do you feel that gold status gets you less promo emails? I just checked my sister in law's calender with her gold status and she has not gotten a 50% off coupon in a few months whereas I get them at least once a month. I also drink starbucks only 1-2 times per month...

Gold status and just got a JUMBO sized star dash

25 stars by Dec 25 to get 30 star bonus. Kind of Meh imo but didn't get any other star dash promo for the holiday. 

Do purchases at Target Starbucks earn stars?

Yes, Target gives stars.

I order my coffee right when I enter Target, then drink while I shop.  Upon leaving, for .50, I get a refill and star!  (Stores give free refills for gold members, but you don't get a star on refills.  Target charges, but I feel like a .50 star is worth it)!

I agree with SoxNation. .50 a star, plus a coffee refill is a deal. I wish that my Targets had Starbucks.

Congocross said:   Gold status and just got a JUMBO sized star dash

25 stars by Dec 25 to get 30 star bonus. Kind of Meh imo but didn't get any other star dash promo for the holiday. 

Does that mean if you get the 25 stars by Christmas, they add 30 stars to your account? Effectively almost 3 free items?

FYI - The end date was extended 1 more day to 12/4. So you have until closing today to earn stars. There was a discrepancy with the end date of this program between the website (12/3) and the mobile app (12/4)..

Did anyone else get an invite to the gold event?

Hope to See You at the “Gold” Line

You’ve successfully joined the Gold Event.

Collect 12 Stars by Dec. 31, 2013 and we’ll upgrade you to Gold for the entire year. That means a Free Food or Drink Reward for every 12 Stars you earn.

tarumk said:   Did anyone else get an invite to the gold event?

Hope to See You at the “Gold” Line

You’ve successfully joined the Gold Event.

Collect 12 Stars by Dec. 31, 2013 and we’ll upgrade you to Gold for the entire year. That means a Free Food or Drink Reward for every 12 Stars you earn.

Yes, I got the same offer you did.

I am surprised that anyone successfully uses Star Codes.
I have been buying the 2.5lbs bags of Starbucks from BJ's that come with StarCodes but the codes never work.
I write to Starbucks and it goes back and forth and then they manually add the code.
This time I had three Star Codes (max 2 per day can be entered) and of course none of them work ("Something has gone wrong").
Starbucks offered to give me a $25 credit but I didn't take it, I don't want special treatment, I just want the offer that I thought I bought to work.
Then instead of fixing the problem or at least adding the codes to my account for me they tell me that I should post my complaint to the customer forum.
Instead I posted to the BBB and to BJ's where I bought it.
I now hate Starbucks. Total waste of time.

I have never had an issue with star codes. I probably get more star codes from bagged coffee than in store drinks.

BTW, I got 4 for $5 and 6 for $10. would love to get that 12 stars to gold to extend my current gold for another year.

fatgempler said:   I am surprised that anyone successfully uses Star Codes.
I have been buying the 2.5lbs bags of Starbucks from BJ's that come with StarCodes but the codes never work.
I write to Starbucks and it goes back and forth and then they manually add the code.
This time I had three Star Codes (max 2 per day can be entered) and of course none of them work ("Something has gone wrong").
Starbucks offered to give me a $25 credit but I didn't take it, I don't want special treatment, I just want the offer that I thought I bought to work.
Then instead of fixing the problem or at least adding the codes to my account for me they tell me that I should post my complaint to the customer forum.

Your area's grocery stores probably have thieves who are stealing the codes. Bring it to the attention of the manager(s)

vrb747 said:   

Your area's grocery stores probably have thieves who are stealing the codes. Bring it to the attention of the manager(s)

stealing codes?  uhm, the star code that stuck to the bag really stuck to the bag.  i have a hard time taking it out to get the code.  and yes, mine has been successfully entered each time.

linrick said:   vrb747 said:   

stealing codes?  uhm, the star code that stuck to the bag really stuck to the bag.  i have a hard time taking it out to get the code.  and yes, mine has been successfully entered each time.

Check the grocery star dash thread on SD. Plenty of thieves posting about their exploits and folks complaining about how someone probably peeled the code, noted it down, and reattached it back to the bag.

BTW, my response is for fatgemplet, if u r not having issues with the codes, u can ignore my posts.

Let the manager know it's happening. It's their responsibility to stop the theft.

vrb747 said:   
linrick said:   
vrb747 said:   

Check the grocery star dash thread on SD. Plenty of thieves posting about their exploits and folks complaining about how someone probably peeled the code, noted it down, and reattached it back to the bag.

BTW, my response is for fatgemplet, if u r not having issues with the codes, u can ignore my posts.

Let the manager know it's happening. It's their responsibility to stop the theft.

well i'm responding to both you and fatgemplet.  but in response again to yours about people stealing codes.  i'm not sure how it could be done quickly without anyone noticing as it was very hard for me to pull the sticker off.  and the time it took to peel off, note the codes and reattaching the sticker back neatly, it's not worth the trouble.  but then i can understand some are desperate enough to take the time to steal.
btw, i found that entering the code between the hours of 10p.m. and around 2a.m., codes doesn't seem to take so i usually entered them during business hours.

^^^^ ask the thieves how they do it. I have better things to do with my time than to worry about stealing star codes

The previous grocery star dash thread on SD is a good place to start if u r interested. Folks openly boasting about stealing, well they were more charitable and called it slick dealing or something similar. . Not sure if mods removed those messages, I could not care less.

vrb747 said:   ^^^^ ask the thieves how they do it. I have better things to do with my time than to worry about stealing star codes

The previous grocery star dash thread on SD is a good place to start if u r interested. Folks openly boasting about stealing, well they were more charitable and called it slick dealing or something similar. . Not sure if mods removed those messages, I could not care less.

why even mentioned people stealing codes at all in responding to fatgempler having problem of entering the codes if you couldn't care less?   fatgempler never said that his/her codes were already entered when he/she try to enter the codes.  you just jump right in and assuming his/her codes were stolen.  

i'm a fwer, i don't go to sd (accept once or twice a very very long time ago) for anything at all.

linrick said:   vrb747 said:   ^^^^ ask the thieves how they do it. I have better things to do with my time than to worry about stealing star codes

why even mentioned people stealing codes at all in responding to fatgempler having problem of entering the codes if you couldn't care less?   fatgempler never said that his/her codes were already entered when he/she try to enter the codes.  you just jump right in and assuming his/her codes were stolen.  

i'm a fwer, i don't go to sd (accept once or twice a very very long time ago) for anything at all.

Was trying to help him/her ascertain why his/her codes were not working. I couldn't care less about how they were stolen or about your confrontational and unhelpful posts. Feel free to neg my posts if u feel so strongly about them being useless. Lol. What a world.

vrb747 said:   
linrick said:   
vrb747 said:   ^^^^ ask the thieves how they do it. I have better things to do with my time than to worry about stealing star codes

Was trying to help him/her ascertain why his/her codes were not working. I couldn't care less about how they were stolen or about your confrontational and unhelpful posts. Feel free to neg my posts if u feel so strongly about them being useless. Lol. What a world.

and your assumption response of "Your area's grocery stores probably have thieves who are stealing the codes. Bring it to the attention of the manager(s)" was very helpful?  you assuming again that my responses/comments confrontational and unhelpful.  if i wanted to neg you, i would have already.   i guess i just hit a nerve. 

my mistake.  i hit a "really BIG" nerve!

has anyone gotten their egift reward yet? i completed the $10 requirements and received an email stating that an email would be sent by the 11th (today)... thanks!

** update ** - received the email!  thx op!

I did not get the e-mail yet. Did anyone else?

I got an email yesterday stating I had earned the reward. Already redeemed

I got the same response.
Chalk one up for good customer service.

Came here to follow-up. I did the Holiday Dash and should have received a $10 reward. Never received. Triple checked for an email, nothing. Emailed cuts service, hopefully they can resolve it.

Wow that was quick. Starbucks customer service addressed the issue! Rock on.

Thanks to all that responded to my complaint about how completely useless and frustrating star codes from bags have been for me. This has been going on for well over a year. Starbucks customer service is useless and act like they are doing me a favor when they do add them manually to my account. The last three they did not add even though I provided a scan of the stupid codes. And I don't think these codes were hijacked. They are so freaking hard to peel off the bag, if they were previously peeled off it would not be like that hard to remove or have perfectly flat edges. Plus I am getting these 2.5lbs of Starbucks from the warehouse club BJ's sometimes out of unopened cases. And Starbucks customer service never indicated that they felt that they were previously entered or asked me about the store where they were purchased. And I fully understand that you can only enter two codes per day so when I buy three 2.5lbs per week i would only try one code per day, but all seem to get rejected.  The bottom line is that I have now given up on Starbucks now that BJ's sell Peets
which is cheaper and better tasting. So goodbye Starbucks and their shananigans. They lost me as a customer and my small business that buys lots of beans every week... Hello Peets
, and saving money for a better tasting cup.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014