• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
****Credit goes to deelseaker (shamelessly borrowed from SD)***

Linux Web Hosting at Turnkey Internet $8.88 / year ($0.74/mo) for Life + 6 month FREE Bonus with a 3-Year SignupThis is their Black Friday Special, available now. Seems like an excellent deal to me. You also get a 6 Month bonus free with a 3-year signup. I wouldn't necessarily host anything mission critical on a plan like that, but there is a ton of other uses for a dirt-cheap hosting plan.

Coupon Code: BF13ASHL

Turnkey Internet Blackfriday Linux Web Hosting

This plan:

• $0.74 / month (paid yearly, $8.88 / year) or $0.63 / month (prepaid 3 years, $26.55 / 42 months)
  • Diskspace (RAID-10 Protected) 20GB
  • Bandwidth 200GB
  • Domains 10

Upgrade option ($6/year more):

• $1.24 / month (paid yearly, $14.88 / year) or $1.06 / month (prepaid 3 years, $44.55 / 42 months)
  • Diskspace (RAID-10 Protected) 200GB
  • Bandwidth 2000GB
  • Domains Unlimited

All plans:

• cPanel on Linux
  • Sitebuilder Templates
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
  • 100% Network Up-time Guarantee
  • 24/7/365 Technical Support
  • Fantastico Deluxe Included
  • Centos Linux (Red Hat Enterprise)
  • Apache 2.x Web Server
  • PHP 5, MySQL 5, Perl/CGI 5
  • Unlimited FTP Accounts
  • Unlimited Sub-Domains
  • Unlimited Email Accounts
  • Unlimited MySQL Databases
  • FTP and Frontpage Access

††

Member Summary

Linux Web Hosting at Turnkey Internet $8.88 / year
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Someone here using this already?

Do they have a limit on databases? Didn't see it mentioned on their plan descriptions, but many hosting services do.

No way they can GUARANTEE 100% uptime.

zapy said:   No way they can GUARANTEE 100% uptime.
† †
What this guarantee usually means is that if the network becomes unavailable they'll credit you back.

parmenides said:   
† †
What this guarantee usually means is that if the network becomes unavailable they'll credit you back.

††Like Fatwallet yesterday?

ElGuache said:   
parmenides said:   
† †

† Do you pay for Fatwallet access? †I get mine for free.

ElGuache said:   
parmenides said:   
† †

† Yes, exactly. †Fatwallet gave me a rebate for their outage without me even having to ask. †In fact, they refunded my whole year's subscription cost!

And I didn't even know they had an outage. †I must have been taking a brief break from it to actually earn some money to use to spend on things I find here †

Dennis

parmenides said:   ElGuache said:   
parmenides said:   
† †

† Do you pay for Fatwallet access? †I get mine for free.

What? You get yours for free? What a ripoff, they actually have paid me hundreds in Cash Back for mine. Dude your getting ripped off.!!!

In all seriousness though has anybody used these guys?

I use Turnkey for hosting, they are OK. Had my site go down for a week and they lost 2 weeks of emails. I would say you get about what you pay for, maybe more since it's so cheap. When I complained about the issues they pointed out that I was paying less than $1 a month. I started pingdom monitoring last month and they had my site at 98% uptime.

Thanks OP, I jumped on this. I was actually looking at the 75% off for 3 years deal going on at HostGator, but then read this: http://www.digitalfaq.com/editorials/websites-blogs/hostgator-al...

For $44 for 3 years, not a big deal if Turnkey doesn't pan out. Just something to be aware of, but (I paid through paypal) it sets up an 'auto subscription' to renew at the end of 3 years (but for the same price, which is a plus (versus say Hostgator, or even Dreamhost, where after the come on, you pay full.)

I used turnkey.. They were OK... Had a few outages with no explanations.. Databases were unlimited. Look at webhostingtalk dot com for full reviews...

isn't digialocean.com way cheaper?

robin9077 said:   isn't digialocean.com way cheaper?

††
DigitalOcean its VPS.† It is not cheaper and it's not the same as shared hosting where they do pretty much all the maintenance and backups for you.
If you are not a developer or someone with some good knowledge of Linux, you are going to have a bad time trying to get a website going on DO.
People who just want to have a wordpress website and email shouldn't be getting a VPS.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014