Free Kindle Book - Curby (was $99.00)

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.amazon.com/Curby-Adrian-Del-Valle-ebook/dp/B00FK1WN6    

5.0 out of 5 stars with 4 reviews

I was eight months old when my mother, due to extreme poverty, had to put my older brother and I into a Catholic institution immediately after World War II. Three years later we were moved to the first of two foster homes. Those were not the best years of our lives. Discipline was harsh, while nurturing and affection, unfortunately was absent. My brother was ten and I was eight when my father was finally allowed custody and brought us home. At the time, he owned a house in downtown Brooklyn, and fortunately for us, it was filled with family members. That second half of my childhood was totally different from the first. During that first half of my childhood, the void left helped me write this story. Though not as tragic as the alternative outcome could have been for our character, Curby, the wonderful nurturing this little boy receives from his adopting parents in this story is the nurturing I wish I could have had.

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Curby
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

How funny...$99 for the digital and $8.99 for the print edition...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014