16GB Global: 199
8GB US: 179
16GB US: 199

Member Summary

Motorola Moto G
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I also considered a used Nexus 4 (actually mine) for my fiancee but chose the Moto G. I chose the Moto G for its signifi... (more)

loheiman (Dec. 12, 2013 @ 12:44a) |

That is what drove me to Moto G. Ordered 16GB Int'l version for 199.99 from Amazon so no taxes in my state.

Int'l version... (more)

invisible (Feb. 03, 2014 @ 3:22p) |

Any good deals on Moto G cases?

invisible (Feb. 07, 2014 @ 6:55a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

so waiting for a verizon version to replace a dx2 on pageplus!

Nice... I was waiting for this a mid range good phone with the all important Google updates... 179 and a Tmobile $30 month prepaid card...

No LTE?

stuffedwallet said:   No LTE?
  at that price? 

3G on ATT and Tmobile is pretty fast and very usable for browsing, mobile apps, video, streaming radio (Verizon/Sprint not so much). If you do most of your data on Wifi it doesn't even matter at all. Plus a number of people have limited mobile data anyway so they need to be on wifi most of the time anyway.

If you read all the reviews on this phone it is hard to go wrong for $179 with NO CONTRACT and UNLOCKED.

bhanush said:   
  at that price? 

$149, faster CPU (1.4 GHz Quad Core), 1GB ram, 8GB storage and has LTE... No reason not to have it for the money at Moto.
http://www.hsn.com/products/samsung-galaxy-light-4g-lte-no-contr... 
However, I agree that 3G at T-Mobile and ATT is good, 3 mbps download/1mbps upload at most of the places.
http://www.techhive.com/article/2039307/t-mobile-wins-3g-shootout-sprint-and-verizon-speeds-fade.html
I've got the above mentioned Galaxy Light from HSN and my 4G LTE is only 7 mbps download/3.9 mbps upload where I live

this is what memory upgrades should cost: $20 for 8GB. Not like a certain fruit-named company that charges $100 for 16GB.

and you better get the 16GB version (especially for only that little) if you want to use the phone to play games or watch videos. Space runs out very quickly when games are over 1GB each or when each movie is 2GB.

any promo code I can use?

T-Mobile is us gsm and at&t is global gsm right?

I am signed in, still Add to Cart is disabled. Am I doing something wrong?

Boochi said:   I am signed in, still Add to Cart is disabled. Am I doing something wrong?
  Did you select the model you want to buy?

bhanush said:   
Boochi said:   I am signed in, still Add to Cart is disabled. Am I doing something wrong?

I think it is the problem with my IE browser on win8.1.  It is working on Chrome.  Thanks

Boochi said:   
bhanush said:   

I think it is the problem with my IE browser on win8.1.  It is working on Chrome.  Thanks

Couple more questions..  What is the diff between US GSM vs Global GSM.  When price is same, isn't Global GSM is better?

Also, is this phone eligible for Jellybean rebate?  (I still have motorola Photon 4G, Atrix 4g).

Boochi said:     Couple more questions..  What is the diff between US GSM vs Global GSM.  When price is same, isn't Global GSM is better?

Also, is this phone eligible for Jellybean rebate?  (I still have motorola Photon 4G, Atrix 4g).

I bought one today and I can not contain myself

Good question on the Jellybean rebate.  That would be a good deal if it is eligible ($100 rebate).  I checked their website and no mention of the Moto G on the trade-up site.  Maybe the phone is too new for that though.  I would keep checking.

I bought the US version since that will give me the option of 3G on T-Mobile US.  The Global version does not support one of T-Mobile's 3G bands so you may be stuck with 2G in parts of the US.  I don't plan to take my phone overseas much if at all so 2G data is fine when not in North America.

yay for retail price... [/sarcasm]

77Rus said:   
bhanush said:   
  at that price? 

$149, faster CPU (1.4 GHz Quad Core), 1GB ram, 8GB storage and has LTE... No reason not to have it for the money at Moto.
However, I agree that 3G at T-Mobile and ATT is good, 3 mbps download/1mbps upload at most of the places.
http://www.techhive.com/article/2039307/t-mobile-wins-3g-shootout-sprint-and-verizon-speeds-fade.html 
I've got the above mentioned Galaxy Light from HSN and my 4G LTE is only 7 mbps download/3.9 mbps upload where I live

galaxy lite is lower resolution screen:
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-Light,Mo...

Tmobile has mostly refarmed for 1900mhz. (AT&T). Was supposed to be all done for the end of this year.

DC-HSPA is a 42Mbit solution, HSPA 21. Either is plenty fast enough in the real world. Is this DC I would assume? The Nexus 4 was, so I wouldn't expect less here.

So where's the catch? Is this Google's trojan horse to control all data in the world?

This is a better deal overall, but the G is awesome by itself. You don't need LTE. HSPA+ is plenty fast, especially on T-Mobile.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/27/5151898/motorola-moto-x-off-c...

Personal test results:
HSPA+ on T-Mobile HTC Amaze: 12MB/sec
Nexus 4(LTE enabled) on T-Mobile 37MB/sec
Verizon FiOS wifi with N4:  25MB/sec
YMMV and it also depends on your requirements.... I have only 200MB quota so my monthly quota was used up in 6 seconds on the N4...

can this be used as a go-phone for ATT?

abrahamhlin said:   can this be used as a go-phone for ATT?
  Yes.

Was OOS at Motorola but all models are now back in stock.

77Rus said:   
bhanush said:   
  at that price? 

You'll see the Moto lower priced once it comes to retail stores in a Clamshell for Gophone or other prepaid service. Plus, The Galaxy Light will die as a Jelly Bean phone, while the Moto G goes on to Kit Kat and get's more updates. Can't really compare the two once you realize the support it will get.

I ordered two and only need one.  Anyone interested?  Selling for the actual price paid + shipping cost to send to you.  Let me know, otherwise I am rejecting the 2nd package when it arrives by 12/14/13. 

shacked said:   I ordered two and only need one.  Anyone interested?  Selling for the actual price paid + shipping cost to send to you.  Let me know, otherwise I am rejecting the 2nd package when it arrives by 12/14/13. 

Sent you a PM 

Wonder why it doesn't come with 32GB. Space has always been an issue with Nexus and now Moto G.

rockymast said:   Wonder why it doesn't come with 32GB. Space has always been an issue with Nexus and now Moto G.
  Because it's a $179/$199 phone.

loheiman said:   
shacked said:   I ordered two and only need one.  Anyone interested?  Selling for the actual price paid + shipping cost to send to you.  Let me know, otherwise I am rejecting the 2nd package when it arrives by 12/14/13. 

Sent you a PM 

loheiman - Replied back.    

Realized that I left out some details.  It's the 16GB, GSM version.  I am located in Los Angeles, so if anyone is local we can meet up.   The price of the phone was $200 plus about $18 of tax, so the total I am looking for is about $218.   

coolbreeze said:   
rockymast said:   Wonder why it doesn't come with 32GB. Space has always been an issue with Nexus and now Moto G.
  Because it's a $179/$199 phone.

True, BUT that is a poor excuse when we can buy hi performance 32gb microsdhc cards for $15 bucks....

I recently bought a used Nexus 4 16GB for $215 shipped, seems like that's a viable option if people are willing to go with a used phone. Especially considering that the Nexus 4 is a bit ahead hardware wise.

On Tmobile, I get about 12/2 Mbps via HSPA+ at home but I have seen it go as high as 18 Mbps down in some places. I have not fiddled with the LTE functions yet.

pedror said:   I recently bought a used Nexus 4 16GB for $215 shipped, seems like that's a viable option if people are willing to go with a used phone. Especially considering that the Nexus 4 is a bit ahead hardware wise.

On Tmobile, I get about 12/2 Mbps via HSPA+ at home but I have seen it go as high as 18 Mbps down in some places. I have not fiddled with the LTE functions yet.

I also considered a used Nexus 4 (actually mine) for my fiancee but chose the Moto G. I chose the Moto G for its significantly better battery life, slightly smaller form factor, and warranty. But I agree both are great options.

loheiman said:   
pedror said:   I recently bought a used Nexus 4 16GB for $215 shipped, seems like that's a viable option if people are willing to go with a used phone. Especially considering that the Nexus 4 is a bit ahead hardware wise.

I also considered a used Nexus 4 (actually mine) for my fiancee but chose the Moto G. I chose the Moto G for its significantly better battery life, slightly smaller form factor, and warranty. But I agree both are great options.

That is what drove me to Moto G. Ordered 16GB Int'l version for 199.99 from Amazon so no taxes in my state.

Int'l version as chances of usage outside of USA.  Awaiting to put on Tmbile as coverage seems good in my area.lets see if I get better than 2G or not ...

Any good deals on Moto G cases?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014