• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.staples.com/Toshiba-S55D-A5383-15-inch-Laptop/product... 

coupon code 64888

$399.99 ac and $50 ez rebate $349.99 total a er/ac
PRODUCT DETAILSGet in touch with all the laptop essentials!This PC series comes with all the laptop essentials and is great for web browsing, socializing, emailing, entertainment, multitasking and getting more from the Windows 8 experience.

• AMD Quad-Core A10-5745M Accelerated Processor
  • 8GB DDR3 1600MHz (max 16GB)
  • 750GB (5400 RPM) Serial ATA hard disk drive
  • 15.6” HD diagonal widescreen TruBrite TFT LCD display (1366 x 768)
  • SuperMulti DVD
  • Wi-Fi Wireless networking (802.11b/g/n) and Bluetooth
  • Premium Raised Tile Keyboard with 10-Keypad (black) and buttonless touchpad pointing device with multi-touch control and one Touch Function Keys
  • HD webcam and microphone
  • Built-in harman/kardon stereo speakers and DTS Studio Sound
  • 4 cell/43Wh Lithium Ion battery pack; 4 hours and 20 minutes battery life
  • Dimensions: 1.11” (H) x 14.9” (W) x 9.6” (D) (5.6lbs)
  • Windows 8
  • 1 year standard limited warranty

SPECIFICATIONS
Laptop Screen Size (Inches) 15.6
Laptop Screen Size 15"-15.9"
Laptop Display Type Diagonal widescreen TruBrite® TFT LCD display at 1366 x 768 native
Laptop Memory RAM (GB) 8
Laptop Memory RAM 8GB - 9GB
Laptop Memory Expandable Expandable to 16GB
Laptop Memory Type DDR3 1600MHz
Laptop Hard Drive Capacity Details_db2_3511 750GB
Laptop Hard Drive Capacity (GB) 750
Laptop Hard Drive Type Serial ATA hard disk drive
Laptop Hard Drive Speed 5400 RPM
Laptop Processor Type Details AMD Quad-Core A10-5745M Accelerated Processor
Laptop Processor Type_db2_13376 AMD A10
Laptop Processor Speed 2.1GHz - 2.9 GHz with AMD Turbo Core Technology 3.0
CPU Cache 4MB L2 Cache
Laptop Optical Drive DVD SuperMulti drive supporting 11 formats
Laptop Network Card Wi-Fi Wireless networking (802.11b/g/n); 10/100 Ethernet; Bluetooth 4.0
Bluetooth Compatibility Yes
Laptop Operating System Windows 8
Laptop Extra Features Premium Raised Tile Keyboard with 10-Keypad, Buttonless touchpad pointing device with multi-touch control, One Touch Function Keys
Laptop Other ports Video: RGB, HDMI; Audio: Microphone input port, Headphone output port; Data: RJ-45 LAN port; Security: Slot for security lock
Laptop USB Slots 2 USB 3.0 ports + 1 USB 2.0 port with USB Sleep and Charge
Laptop Video Graphics AMD Radeon HD 8610G Graphics
Media Card Reader Secure Digital, SDHC, SDXC, miniSD, microSD, Multi Media Card (shared slot; may require adapter for use)
Laptop Audio Built-in Harman/Kardon stereo speakers; DTS Studio Sound
Laptop Color Silver
Laptop Webcam HD Webcam with microphone
Laptop Battery Life Up to 4 hours, 20 minutes
Laptop Battery Type 4 cell/43Wh Lithium Ion battery pack
Laptop Dimensions (L x W x H) 9.6"L x 14.9"D x 1.11"H
Laptop Weight 5.3 lbs.
Laptop Warranty 1 Year Standard Limited Warranty
Laptop Use Everyday
Laptop Refurbished No
Windows Select PC Yes
Laptop Style Laptop/Notebook
Touch Screen Enabled No

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Toshiba S55D-A5383 15" Laptop
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

with the other i3 Toshiba model now OOS, this is the next best deal with a lot of bang for the extra bucks ($350 vs $270)

MISTERCHEAP said:   with the other i3 Toshiba model now OOS, this is the next best deal with a lot of bang for the extra bucks ($350 vs $270)
 Not really...looks like the same specs but this one has AMD A10 (2600 on PassMark) versus the other 3rd gen i3 (3400 on PassMark).  This one has an extra 250GB of drive space and an extra 4GB of RAM.

You get a slower processor but more memory and drive space.  I would say they are about equal value laptops...but this one costs $80 more.  Spend that extra $80 on an SSD and another 4GB of RAM and you would crush this laptop. 

ezwrighter said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   with the other i3 Toshiba model now OOS, this is the next best deal with a lot of bang for the extra bucks ($350 vs $270)
 Not really...looks like the same specs but this one has AMD A10 (2600 on PassMark) versus the other 3rd gen i3 (3400 on PassMark).  This one has an extra 250GB of drive space and an extra 4GB of RAM.

You get a slower processor but more memory and drive space.  I would say they are about equal value laptops...but this one costs $80 more.  Spend that extra $80 on an SSD and another 4GB of RAM and you would crush this laptop. 

there is also an i5 Lenovo or i5 Toshiba for $399 after coupon if that's a better option.

ezwrighter said:   

Where would you get a suitable SSD replacement and 4GB of RAM for $80?  The Unicorn Store?

A10 is better for gaming than i3 Toshiba model. Both are not for hard core gaming. Fry's usually has it on sale for $500 for A10 laptop so this is hot deal. Thanks OP.

I have a Toshiba Duo Core from about 2 years ago. It was a 4gb ram and 320 HD. How much faster will this be? Looking for a new laptop for me and passing mine to my kids.

I am going for the i5 Lenovo for $30 more.

bozo007 said:   I am going for the i5 Lenovo for $30 more.

hey bozo.... long time no see. miss your old avatar!

MISTERCHEAP said:   
bozo007 said:   I am going for the i5 Lenovo for $30 more.

hey bozo.... long time no see. miss your old avatar!

I missed it too... staying busy, travelling quite a bit for work.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014