• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

32GB Surface RT Tablet, Black Touch Cover Included
Disclaimer
Staples.com
Surface RT  back in stock (after being out of stock for most of day yesterday)
Use the $10 off $30 coupon from text message .  This coupon worked for me for this item.

Member Summary

surface
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It now appears to be out of stock. May go in/out throughout day. I did just order one (I think) but it is not showing in my Staples account, and I did not get a confirmation email. Is anyone getting slow response on purchases, or did this one just not go through?

1ST gen and only 32GB (~22GB actual usable after OS) is a deal killer for many. However if you have rewards to burn and you are in the market for a 1st gen Surface RT from a retailer with an easy return policy this looks good.

cnIsfg said:   1ST gen and only 32GB (~22GB actual usable after OS) is a deal killer for many. However if you have rewards to burn and you are in the market for a 1st gen Surface RT from a retailer with an easy return policy this looks good.
  True, but the internal memory can be supplemented with sdhc (upto 64mb I believe).

Once Nokia HERE arrives (currently on Lumia 2520 supposed to be on other RTs eventually) the lack of GPS will be a pain point.

TF600 would be a much better deal at that point.

I'm a bit concerned Nokia won't follow through though considering how Surface lacks GPS and will be left out in the cold. May happen once Surface RT 4G arrives next year.

Save $$ and buy refurb from eBay for $169

dazviking said:   
cnIsfg said:   1ST gen and only 32GB (~22GB actual usable after OS) is a deal killer for many. However if you have rewards to burn and you are in the market for a 1st gen Surface RT from a retailer with an easy return policy this looks good.
  True, but the internal memory can be supplemented with sdhc (upto 64mb I believe).

However you can't install apps to SDHC . 

cnIsfg said:   dazviking said:   

However you can't install apps to SDHC . 

people are buying Dell venue 8 just fine. When you get a 32gb venue 8 you only get a few GB left...
surface has 22gb available for SkyDrive and apps, more than enough for most.

That price ($169) does not include Touch Cover.

Surface RT Bundle: Type cover 2+surface sleeve+ $25 Microsoft GC
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1319790/

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014