• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Honeywell RTH6580WF Wi-FiŽ ThermostatModel:YRTH6580WF1031/U  | Catalog #: 61-323Sale Price:$99.99http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18789996  

+$20  "holiday cash" ?
http://www.radioshack.com/graphics/uc/rsk/USContent/HTML/pages/hbfaq.html

RadioShack
Need a RadioShack coupon that earns 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Staff Summary

vickh said:   Honeywell RTH6580WF Wi-FiŽ ThermostatModel:YRTH6580WF1031/U  | Catalog #: 61-323Sale Price:$99.99http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18789996  

+$20  "holiday cash" ?
http://www.radioshack.com/graphics/uc/rsk/USContent/HTML/pages/hbfaq.html


Thanks op! In 4 1. $99.99 - $20 in holiday cash = $80

you're welcome.

Did you have to get a filler for the $20 in holiday cash? Is there a min. on it to redeem?

still cheaper at costco.picked one up for 97.99 today. 

ngd75 said:   still cheaper at costco.picked one up for 97.99 today. 
  
depending on how you value the $20  "holiday cash"

Works well, purchased one two weeks ago from Lowe's for $115 minus 10% coupon.

vickh said:   you're welcome.

Did you have to get a filler for the $20 in holiday cash? Is there a min. on it to redeem?

  Added $1 filler. got two coupons (2x$10).

^ coupons (2x$10) min. on it to redeem?

I plan on using my ent. book 10/40 to buy the unit...

Don't forget you need a 5+ wire system, which has the C 24v wire. Mine was a 4 wire.

justjeff said:   Don't forget you need a 5+ wire system, which has the C 24v wire. Mine was a 4 wire.
  
thx for the heads up. Anyway to power this thru batteries instead?

pulled the trigger. Was debating between this and the nest.. and I don't think I need the nest to learn what I need. We have a regular schedule, and with the app we can turn adjust the temp if that changes. Thanks OP

I could use the $20 coupons to buy some batteries.

bought a 0.39 jack for a filler. + 5% Discover CB - Great deal

vickh said:   
justjeff said:   Don't forget you need a 5+ wire system, which has the C 24v wire. Mine was a 4 wire.
 

  
thx for the heads up. Anyway to power this thru batteries instead?

  
I have the touch screen version of this and there is no battery power option.

And people need to stop calling the fifth wire 24V when in fact is a ground wire. It confused the heck out of me when I was installing mine.

unnamedone said:   
vickh said:   
justjeff said:   Don't forget you need a 5+ wire system, which has the C 24v wire. Mine was a 4 wire.
  
thx for the heads up. Anyway to power this thru batteries instead?

  
I have the touch screen version of this and there is no battery power option.

And people need to stop calling the fifth wire 24V when in fact is a ground wire. It confused the heck out of me when I was installing mine.

  The 5th wire is the 24V Common connection -- calling it a 'ground' isn't correct terminology either.

The "R" wire is one lead of the 24VAC. The "C" wire is the other. Years ago, thermostats were nothing but mercury switches that did not need power, hence only 4 wires required. Now most digital thermostats require power. Honeywell has multiple videos on youtube explaining how to wire this thermostat up if you do not have a "C" wire. Follow the tutorial and it will work like a charm.

ncisfan said:   Honeywell has multiple videos on youtube explaining how to wire this thermostat up if you do not have a "C" wire. Follow the tutorial and it will work like a charm.
  
Best link?

 

how does RS handle returns on this w/ holiday cash...?

Paid $85.49 for mine! (before tax)

My Lowe's price matched Radio Shack and took an additional 10% off.

dennisfuller said:   Paid $85.49 for mine! (before tax)

My Lowe's price matched Radio Shack and took an additional 10% off.

  
Wow! I thought about that too, but wanted the holiday cash...

 Could you post your receipt so we can try out...


Receipt (2.19MB)
Disclaimer
Receipt attached.  Price reflects price match plus 10% off (Lowe's price match policy) plus additional 5% from Lowe's credit card.

dennisfuller said:   Paid $85.49 for mine! (before tax)

My Lowe's price matched Radio Shack and took an additional 10% off.

  Same here with Home Depot.  Thanks OP!

Bought it over the summer. Was junky in that theromstat is off by a few degrees (known issues, google). Bought next model up with color display for extra $50. Works much better and no issues.

If you can live with thinking 75 is 79... and 54 is 59... decent buy



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014