• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Magic Jack is offering the new Magic Jack Plus 2014 model to current customers for $29.95 plus $8.95 s&h with 6 Months service but the kicker is this time you can roll over your current services which to my knowledge has not happened before. So if you have a standard Magic Jack with 1-2 years left on it you can finally get a new model that does not require you have your computer constantly on without losing those years you have already paid for!

I know a little wordy and not for everyone but great deal for those this pertains to.

Magic linky    

Member Summary

Magic Jack
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

When clicking a link and log in as an existing customer, it prompted for the free 30 days offer and did not mention contract rollover.

100% RISK FREE,
30 DAY FREE TRIAL
Get your NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS and six months of Free Local and Long Distance Calls.* On the 31st day you will be charged $29.95 plus $8.95 s&h

Sounds like a good deal, I'm on my 3rd year with less than 2 to go with the old model. Thank you.

NEW 2014 magicJack PLUS and six months of Free Local and Long Distance Calls.* On the 31st day you will be charged $29.95 plus $8.95 s&h

Is there any option for the old MagicJack MINUS service with 1 year for $19?

I have been on ooma for a few years now and thinking of making the switch to MJ... so is this really worth it?

What's the monthly/yearly after that 6 months free?

Thanks!

Mulox said:   I have been on ooma for a few years now and thinking of making the switch to MJ... so is this really worth it?
  This is the first time I ever heard of an existing ooma customer thinking of switching to MJ -- why are you considering it?

Because you have to pay over $100 per year for voice mail with ooma and it's free with MJ. So if I understand this correctly, MJ costs 30 per year?

tiredntrue said:   
Mulox said:   I have been on ooma for a few years now and thinking of making the switch to MJ... so is this really worth it?
  This is the first time I ever heard of an existing ooma customer thinking of switching to MJ -- why are you considering it?

Aren't most ooma customers using GV instead of setting SIP etc. themselves?  So setup wise if Google carries through to not supporting other frontends. Most people won't be able to setup SIP themselves.

And MJ is a phone company itself. So setup is easy.I think MJ will reap the benefits of Googles withdrawal of support.

zapjb said:   
tiredntrue said:   

Aren't most ooma customers using GV instead of setting SIP etc. themselves?  So setup wise if Google carries through to not supporting other frontends. Most people won't be able to setup SIP themselves.

And MJ is a phone company itself. So setup is easy.I think MJ will reap the benefits of Googles withdrawal of support.

You're thinking of the Obitalk systems.  Ooma is also its own phone "company" so does not rely on GV.  I have both of these and am grandfathered in with no Ooma fees, I do not have MJ.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I personally use Google Voice and it's been great. Why pay for a phone line or Magic Jack or other service when Google Voice has everything you need?

I use nettalk and it's been pretty good except I have to unplug and reboot the thing every so often.  I prepaid for the next 5 years so it comes out to like $25/year.  Saves a lot of money and considering that I barely use it it's more than sufficient.   

Zt111710 said:   What's the monthly/yearly after that 6 months free?

Thanks!

$30 for 1 year

$100 for 5 years

$29.95 plus $8.95 s&h

Donedealzz said:   $29.95 plus $8.95 s&h
  Fixed thanks!

staceybessmer said:   I don't mean to hijack this thread but I personally use Google Voice and it's been great. Why pay for a phone line or Magic Jack or other service when Google Voice has everything you need?
  Google Voice is great and I do use it, but it does not offer Emergency 911 service, which was a major showstopper for us, and why I had to get ooma.  I just don't see the difference in service between MJ and ooma really... I only see a lot of savings annually!  Am I missing something?

Thanks...I've been getting to the point of dropping the conventional Land Line and this Magic Jack concept sounds great! I definitely want to keep my number! Thanks OP!

I'm sorry, but I thought MJ was always good except for the yearly amount. Is there an expiration date on the one I bought last year?:

nodinero said:   
zapjb said:   
tiredntrue said:   

You're thinking of the Obitalk systems.  Ooma is also its own phone "company" so does not rely on GV.  I have both of these and am grandfathered in with no Ooma fees, I do not have MJ.

Thanks I've been confused before. How about this. Once activated with a USA number you can take the MJ (it's just a small dongle) anywhere in the world with high speed internet & call anywhere in the USA for free. Can Ooma do this? People buy these MJs register them in the States & mail them all over the world to friends & relatives.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014