• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
Disclaimer
Link 

For those that missed Roku's BF pricing, this is still quite excellent with Free Shipping.  

Also, if you haven't already taken advantage of Amex's $25 offer, check it out!

Member Summary

Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$84.99 at Costco if you can find them in stock.

Claymore said:   $84.99 at Costco if you can find them in stock.
  With taxes it will be 91 @ Costco however it have HDMI cable and 2 months of free huluplus.. still costco is better deal

I saw on another web site that a person replaced his cable bill with this device. Is this common?

unless you need cable for live sports 24/7, it just makes sense to drop cable for Roku.   You still have access to current programming with OTA HD.  With Netflix and Amazon Prime you have access to a huge number of titles.   Hulu+ will let you watch all the current stuff.   With a smart TV though, you can also just use Hulu, youtube or any of 1000s of sources for programming.   but....Roku has 100s of additional channels that will make your head spin.   Like Crackle, Vudu , FoxNews.......

I dropped cable about 3 yrs ago and I don't miss anything.   I save over 700.00 a year.   I own 4 rokus.   Roku 3 is incredible.   I just bought 2 of those of replace Roku 2....I will use the Roku 2 on 2 older less watched TVs.   I have a 1st gen Roku that still works....though it is very slow in comparison the current gen.

I think 89.00 is still high.  I got my R3s for 69.00, but they were refurbs. from Newegg.   Work fabulously.    Roku refurbs aren't repair items.  They are returns after the 30 day trial period that Roku.com offers.

twbradfordium said:   unless you need cable for live sports 24/7, it just makes sense to drop cable for Roku.   You still have access to current programming with OTA HD.  With Netflix and Amazon Prime you have access to a huge number of titles.   Hulu+ will let you watch all the current stuff.   With a smart TV though, you can also just use Hulu, youtube or any of 1000s of sources for programming.   but....Roku has 100s of additional channels that will make your head spin.   Like Crackle, Vudu , FoxNews.......
I wish it were so comprehensive. Hulu+, for example, is missing numerous programs. It was worth it for me to ditch cable, though. We're using Netflix, Hulu, and Aereo (in place of an antenna). Aereo integrates rather acceptably with the Roku. I can see some real television aficionados being very frustrated with the setup, but for someone who is less interested in television and just wants a good range of entertainment and local programming, the Roku + Aereo/Antenna solution is excellent.

XianZhu said:   
twbradfordium said:   unless you need cable for live sports 24/7, it just makes sense to drop cable for Roku.   You still have access to current programming with OTA HD.  With Netflix and Amazon Prime you have access to a huge number of titles.   Hulu+ will let you watch all the current stuff.   With a smart TV though, you can also just use Hulu, youtube or any of 1000s of sources for programming.   but....Roku has 100s of additional channels that will make your head spin.   Like Crackle, Vudu , FoxNews.......
I wish it were so comprehensive. Hulu+, for example, is missing numerous programs. It was worth it for me to ditch cable, though. We're using Netflix, Hulu, and Aereo (in place of an antenna). Aereo integrates rather acceptably with the Roku. I can see some real television aficionados being very frustrated with the setup, but for someone who is less interested in television and just wants a good range of entertainment and local programming, the Roku + Aereo/Antenna solution is excellent.

I wish I had Aereo in my area... My (entertainment) life would be complete! lol

Looks like it went down $1 more to $88.

blank

WalMart has marked theirs down to $88 too. If you have an Amex, check the offers tab. I had a $20 statement credit offer for a $79 or more purchase on WalMart.com which I wasn't planning to use. With tax it came to $92.84. Less $20 Amex credit = $72.84. Less 4% CashBack = $69.32. I received the notice from Amex of the $20 credit being applied within minutes, before I received the order confirmation from WalMart in fact.

WalMart offer from Amex not on my account

cadjak said:   WalMart offer from Amex not on my account Check for Amazon offer then.. $25 off $75.

Just placed my order.. $94.16 - $25 back from Amex = $69.14 shipped.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.