• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just got back from Big Lot has all Tablets with 4.0 Android 50% off bought a 9.7 inch IMPRESSION for $44.95 supply are limited

Member Summary

Android Tablet (80.84kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer

wonder why this has gotten red

brotherhpj said:   wonder why this has gotten red
  No location, no scanned receipt pic, etc = lack of info

C320 said:   
brotherhpj said:   wonder why this has gotten red
  No location, no scanned receipt pic, etc = lack of info

Nationwide, half off electronics, while stock lasts

This was advertised in an email blast that went out earlier today. I may go and check this out tomorrow, thanks for the reminder!

A 9.7 andriod capable tablet for $50? This sounds like a pretty cheap way to check out android apps. I wounder if this would be The gift to get my nerdy friend. (No offense to any nerds out there,since I am one too.)
Although I just noticed this thread on the Hisense 7"

Just came back from my Big Lots, and they had nothing but the kids' tablets left.

CrashCart9 said:   Just came back from my Big Lots, and they had nothing but the kids' tablets left.
  What was the price of the kids tablets?  for $40 they'd make a great time killer in the car.

no big loss here...they are barely worth 50% off anyway

Aren't these junk Chinese products slow, glitchy, money wasted down the drain?

po90260 said:   Aren't these junk Chinese products slow, glitchy, money wasted down the drain?

Yes. Yes. And generally yes, although every one has a different value quotient. Some people say hey $40 or $50 so what if it entertains the kids money well spent.

The only "cheap" one I would give any nudge to is the Sero 7 (PRO) all of these others, well...

po90260 said:   Aren't these junk Chinese products slow, glitchy, money wasted down the drain?
Some of them, especially ones with BoxChip AllWinner CPUs, have custom ROMs that can work smoothly, though you'll need to be tech-savvy enough to follow instructions and occasionally change around some parameters yourself.

http://www.techknow.me/forum/index.php?action=forum is where I usually go for the ROMs.

One A13-chipset tablet worked perfectly with FaaastJB v2.5 or CookedRom v1.3aa (both JB v4.2.2), I just flashed and I was done.

A different tablet needed drivers pushed, and then needed variables flipped so the screen sensor's orientation was correct.

If you like to tinker with software (like I do), you can end up with something very usable for light web browsing, music, chatting, and games like solitaire and whatnot. You'd just need to check what's inside the super-cheap Chinese tablet before you buy it.

Best solution I've found is to grab a Kindle Fire (non-HD) for $75 on eBay and flash a nice, vanilla Android 4.2 image to it.

Works great for both our kids! Not a huge amount of storage space, though (8GB? Can't remember...)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014