$19.99 after $50 mail-in rebate

www.frys.com/product/7885589

Member Summary

Metro PCS Nokia Lumia 521
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$50 MIR 

Rebate handset must be active on a NEW MetroPCS 
account (full service payment has been made no later than 
35 days after the rebate handset activation).

Offer Terms and Conditions: Rebate has no cash value. Limited time offer. New activations only. Limit five (5) per household. Excludes phone numbers that currently are activated on the T-Mobile® network. Between July 26, 2013 and January 1, 2014, 
activate MetroPCS service at a participating MetroPCS store or by calling *228 from your MetroPCS phone and port-in your existing phone number, and receive a MetroPCS Prepaid MasterCard® Card, after submission of a properly completed redemption 
form and satisfaction of all rebate offer requirements. Must be an active MetroPCS subscriber 35 days after activation of phone. See store associate or www.metropcs.com for forms and rebate eligibility requirements and complete details. MetroPCS 
Prepaid Cards are issued by Citibank, N.A. pursuant to a license from MasterCard International and managed by Citi Prepaid Services. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere MasterCard debit cards are accepted. Can be combined 
with Bring Your Phone rebate offer and any applicable handset rebate offer, but not with any other rebate offers. 

Total cost in plain words?
Unlockable?

Can you use this phone with T-Mobile

kenwallet said:   Can you use this phone with T-Mobile
Yes, this is a T-Mobile phone.  The deal is if you have activate on MetroPCS (which runs on T-Mobile's network and apparently is owned by T-Mobile).
You can forgo the rebate and buy from another retailer (e.g. Amazon) for $70 or $80 to activate on T-Mobile or a different MVNO.

It *might* be locked to MetroPCS (vice T-Mobile), but I don't think that's likely (but don't quote me on it).  I'm pretty sure you could pop a T-Mobile (or other SIM) and it would work on another T-Mobile network without issue.  What you won't be able to do is take this to AT&T's network.

ocean935 said:   Total cost in plain words?
Unlockable?

$20 AR + $40 x 2 for service minimums = $100.

It's a great deal if you were planning on using a 521 on Metro service. Bad deal otherwise.

Metro only recently launched GSM/UMTS devices and does not use T-Mobile's unlocking policy. It's believed that Metro is waiting for CTIA to issue an industry-wide policy which is expected in the next month or two. In other words, don't expect an unlock code from Metro after 35 days.

asuka said:   It's believed that Metro is waiting for CTIA to issue an industry-wide policy which is expected in the next month or two. In other words, don't expect an unlock code from Metro after 35 days.

Do you mean this?

Frys also has AT&T no-contract Nokia 520 on sale for $59.99(till 12/15)
I have not seen this thread got posted yet - welcome to repost.

This is no deal.
Bring your own number promotion has been going on for a long time. You don't really need to buy this phone from Frys to qualify for that promo.

Also, MetroPCS also has another promo for Bring your own device (except T-Mobile devices) to get another $50.
I already took benefit of both offers and both my rebates are approved. I brought in lumia 520 from ATT and ported a Vonage phone number.

Also, MetroPCS keeps extending this promo. They have already extended it at least 2 times. I will get another line, if they still have this promo till end of Jan.

Edit:
Here is original FW thread about both rebates - http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1296240/ 

Hoogineer said:   asuka said:   It's believed that Metro is waiting for CTIA to issue an industry-wide policy which is expected in the next month or two. In other words, don't expect an unlock code from Metro after 35 days.

Do you mean this?

Yes but it will take awhile to go into effect. And worst case metro can keep phones locked for a full year.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014