• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Email
Disclaimer
I received an interesting email (screen shot attached) from TurboTax telling me about an offer, 

"NEW! Get 10% on top of your refund.
Use some (or all) of your federal refund to purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card** and TurboTax will tack on an extra 10%—so $500 would become $550!"

https://turbotax.intuit.com/ (On the website under "Get your maximum tax refund, guaranteed" scroll across and you will see 5% back towards Amazon gift cards)   

I take it that existing customers are the only ones that can get the 10% based on what I found on the website there and what I also found when I put Amazon 10% into the search which is below.

"The Amazon.com Refund Bonus Program offers TurboTax customers the option to use part of their federal refund to purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card.
As an exclusive bonus, we'll add an extra 5% or 8% to the amount of your e-gift card, depending on the TurboTax product you've chosen.
If you're using Federal Free Edition* or Basic, you'll get an additional 5% bonus on the purchase amount of your e-gift card.
If you're using Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business, you'll get an extra 8% bonus.
You can find almost anything on Amazon.com – even groceries. This exclusive bonus is just another way TurboTax helps make your hard-earned dollars go even further this year. It’s our gift to you. Enjoy!"

Fine Print from the email refers us to the Amazon website......for http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3122091 

I am unable to file my taxes until the end of the year, but I will update when I do.  Good luck to you guys and hopefully new users will be able to get the 10% as well.  It also looks like there is a 7.5% FatWallet CashBack for those of you who pay for a return and aren't in the great state of Texas, which has no state income tax. =)

TurboTax
See TurboTax promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Turbo Tax - Get 10% on top of your refund towards Amazon gift cards
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If this is true, it means a new trend competition trend among retailers. I would wait for Staples to match such an offer.

Interesting, subscribed

It is true, I got a mailer (the usual yearly one with the CD attached) had the same offer spelled out.

showing only 5% for me...

You only get 10% of your refund if your spend your entire refund on Amazon gift cards.

At least it saves tax if you are a heavy Amazon user.

thirddowndraw said:   You only get 10% of your refund if your spend your entire refund on Amazon gift cards.

How does that save tax?  I pay tax at Amazon.  If I purchase GCs, no tax.  But when I purchase actual goods using GC or credit cards, I pay taxes.  Care to elaborate on the save tax part? 

allup said:   
thirddowndraw said:   You only get 10% of your refund if your spend your entire refund on Amazon gift cards.

How does that save tax?  I pay tax at Amazon.  If I purchase GCs, no tax.  But when I purchase actual goods using GC or credit cards, I pay taxes.  Care to elaborate on the save tax part? 

Not all states collect sales tax on Amazon purchases.  Indiana does not currently collect, that is soon to change.Good Luck!!

allup said:   

No sales tax here in SC for Amazon purchases.  I was planning to buy a new gas grill with my refund anyhow, so I'm all over this.  10% savings on my grill now, plus no taxes that I'd pay if I went down to Lowes/HD

I'm still waiting on my W2s to tell everyone how it went. I may get 1099ed by eBay and stubhub which I would hate to file without waiting to the deadline. I will keep everyone updated.

Is the 10% bonus taxable? E.g., you get a $5,000 refund, put it all on Amazon gift cards, and get $500 extra - is the $500 taxable income, so that you'll owe (at 28% bracket) $140 in income tax on that?

Is the 10% bonus taxable? E.g., you get a $5,000 refund, put it all on Amazon gift cards, and get $500 extra - is the $500 taxable income, so that you'll owe (at 28% bracket) $140 in income tax on that?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014