• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Restaurant.com | Restaurant Reviews, Coupons and Deals
Disclaimer
$400 restaurant.com Gift Card for $40 (90% off) with code http://todayshow.mpioffers.com/ 

code is TODAY RESTAURANTS 

Member Summary

restaurant.com
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Is this a legit website? seems fishy if u go to the main domain

ThatEbayer (Jan. 01, 2014 @ 10:50p) |

I purchased it as well and as of today...jan 24 I still dont have have emailed them several times I bought 2 so 80.00 UG... (more)

cllfdl0517 (Jan. 23, 2014 @ 9:45p) |

Shows Sold out for me

Blitz28179 (Jan. 23, 2014 @ 10:00p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Haven't used restaurant.com in ages because there used to be tons of exclusions like "dinner only" or "not valid on weekends".  So I input my zipcode and looked at about 30 restaurants in my area on their website and I don't see any of those types of exclusions...only minimum purchase.  Did something change?   Or will additional exclusions pop up only after you purchase the certificate for a specific restaurant?  Anybody have any recent experiences?

bigeye said:   Haven't used restaurant.com in ages because there used to be tons of exclusions like "dinner only" or "not valid on weekends".  So I input my zipcode and looked at about 30 restaurants in my area on their website and I don't see any of those types of exclusions...only minimum purchase.  Did something change?   Or will additional exclusions pop up only after you purchase the certificate for a specific restaurant?  Anybody have any recent experiences?

No, the exclusions you read prior to purchase are the same as what is printed on the voucher. Just read each T&C for each rest. carefully. (some are $25 off with $35, some $25 off with $50 spend).  Places come and go all the time, my best use of these certificates have been at more casual dining places or for when I travel and want to check out some local places versus a chain. Yes, rest. com can be a pain in the butt but if you know what you are doing and really understand how the program works, there are some deals to be had when you can buy the certificates cheaply.

Thanks MC!

Anyone else have problems continuing through checkout?

Limit of one (1) gift certificate per restaurant per visit.

Most likely it is just for one person's dinner!

If you take $20 off a $37.50 bill ($25 certificate for ~ $5 or less), its a good discount.

tjiangnet said:   
  How rude! /Stephanie Tanner

tjiangnet said:   Limit of one (1) gift certificate per restaurant per visit.

Most likely it is just for one person's dinner!

huh? no it's not. Using the $25 cert as an example If you go to a Pizza Place, you get lots of food for $35 + tax and tip. $25 would then be discounted off the bill. So you'd pay $10 + tax and tip on $35 if the bill was $35.

must be having a brain freeze. where do you enter code?

I confess to not having tried to walk this through to find out. But normally you have your coupon for a particular restaurant, present it and boom - your discount. But how do I walk in with a $400 discount card? Or does this just purchase you $400 in credit, after which you buy your individual Restaurant coupon as usual? It's sort of a coupon for the acquisition of coupons then maybe....?

GreenTrash said:   I confess to not having tried to walk this through to find out. But normally you have your coupon for a particular restaurant, present it and boom - your discount. But how do I walk in with a $400 discount card? Or does this just purchase you $400 in credit, after which you buy your individual Restaurant coupon as usual? It's sort of a coupon for the acquisition of coupons then maybe....?

Yes, you spend down the $400 online at their site like you would any gift card. you buy individual certs ONLINE with it, you don't present the $400 credit at one restaurant.

i normally wait all year for these 90% deals, but it now seems as though there are less restaurants in my area that I'd be interested in purveying. hmmmmm

can anyone in family/freinds use the certificates or are they strictly for purchaser? and when does the account expire? and how long will this offer be available?

lexx said:   can anyone in family/freinds use the certificates or are they strictly for purchaser? and when does the account expire?

you can give them to anyone you like, but still a limit of one per rest. per month whether you use it or your cousin uses it. Account/gc NEVER expires, until you use up the full $400 in credit (which is based on Certificate value). If you buy a $25 GC, $25 is deducted from the value, $10GC deducts $10. in other words this is worth 16 x $25 certs)

There is a fine print that says, I should say/present that I will be using restaurant.com certificate before placing the order. But when I did that last time in an Indian restaurant, I felt the treatment was different. They did not make me wash the dishes but I noticed the difference in handling my service and they added 18% gratuity on the check(I know that they do add the 18% gratuity if the party is 8 or over, but we are only 4). I never went to that place again and never used rest of restaurant.com certificates. Did not lose much money, I bought 3 $25 certificates for $3 each.

bigeye said:   Haven't used restaurant.com in ages because there used to be tons of exclusions like "dinner only" or "not valid on weekends".  So I input my zipcode and looked at about 30 restaurants in my area on their website and I don't see any of those types of exclusions...only minimum purchase.  Did something change?   Or will additional exclusions pop up only after you purchase the certificate for a specific restaurant?  Anybody have any recent experiences?
  They no longer have the not valid on weekend exclusions or the automatic tip provisions.  I believe if you purchased a certificate that originally had that language and reprint the certificate, the language will be gone. 

My policy in using their certificates is not to use a certificate for a restaurant that is no longer listed on their website.  I simply exchange the certificate  Doing it that way, I have never had a restaurant refuse to redeem a certificate.

Wow. That's a steal if you fit within their perimeters.

A few years back, restaurant.com would have a "90% off" sale. Then, it was $4 for $100 in certificates. Now, 90% is $10 for $100 in certificates. They've certainly raised their prices considerably in the past couple of years. Even still, this is a good deal if you take full advantage of it. Technically, if you're using these on meals you would have eaten out normally, using only two $25 certificates nets you in the positive. Anything after that is gravy.

I'm in for one, because this will make my local burger establishment a bit more affordable ... even though i feel a bit bad about sticking it to a local business I already frequent.

Thanks, OP.  Gonna give it a shot.  I've always avoided restaurant.com for some reason, but I'm hungry at the moment and couldn't resist.  A couple of decent places in my zip.

djtitati said:   A few years back, restaurant.com would have a "90% off" sale. Then, it was $4 for $100 in certificates. Now, 90% is $10 for $100 in certificates. They've certainly raised their prices considerably in the past couple of years. Even still, this is a good deal if you take full advantage of it. Technically, if you're using these on meals you would have eaten out normally, using only two $25 certificates nets you in the positive. Anything after that is gravy.

I'm in for one, because this will make my local burger establishment a bit more affordable ... even though i feel a bit bad about sticking it to a local business I already frequent.

True, this is really about 75-80% off the reg. price of a $25 cert, not 90%. 90% off the face value of the GC I suppose.

Boochi said:   There is a fine print that says, I should say/present that I will be using restaurant.com certificate before placing the order. But when I did that last time in an Indian restaurant, I felt the treatment was different. They did not make me wash the dishes but I noticed the difference in handling my service and they added 18% gratuity on the check(I know that they do add the 18% gratuity if the party is 8 or over, but we are only 4). I never went to that place again and never used rest of restaurant.com certificates. Did not lose much money, I bought 3 $25 certificates for $3 each.
  So you posted to tell us that you lost $9?

Also, I have never presented the certificate prior to ordering. I've only had a problem one time doing so: my wife and I ordered a "Taste of [our city]" special. When the check came, I whipped out the certificate. "Sorry, the Taste of [our city] special can't be combined with other offers." We spent more than we intended that night, but oh well!

I've also been known to take these out and go happy hour hopping with friends. $37 bar tabs for $12 + tip, and then on to the next place. We order one appetizer at each place because sometimes they'll say you have to order dinner. One legendary story: I took one to a bar after the kitchen closed. Bartender let me use a $50 off $100 certificate on my bar tab. It was $2 bud light night. We ran that bar.

djtitati said:   Also, I have never presented the certificate prior to ordering. I've only had a problem one time doing so: my wife and I ordered a "Taste of [our city]" special. When the check came, I whipped out the certificate. "Sorry, the Taste of [our city] special can't be combined with other offers." We spent more than we intended that night, but oh well!

I've also been known to take these out and go happy hour hopping with friends. $37 bar tabs for $12 + tip, and then on to the next place. We order one appetizer at each place because sometimes they'll say you have to order dinner. One legendary story: I took one to a bar after the kitchen closed. Bartender let me use a $50 off $100 certificate on my bar tab. It was $2 bud light night. We ran that bar.

The T&C clearly say these certs. can't be combined with any other special offers. So no sympathy here, you should have known using these on a "SPECIAL" wasn't going to fly.

Can these $400 Gift cards later be turned into smaller denomination eGift cards for restaurant.com? I know that you can buy small-denomination restaurant specific GCs with it, but I'd like to break it up into $25 eGift cards so I can print and send them to a bunch of folks for the holidays, then they can pick the restaurants they use it on.

sjubwlr said:   Can these $400 Gift cards later be turned into smaller denomination eGift cards for restaurant.com? I know that you can buy small-denomination restaurant specific GCs with it, but I'd like to break it up into $25 eGift cards so I can print and send them to a bunch of folks for the holidays, then they can pick the restaurants they use it on.

Can't get new $25 "egc's" with this, but you can send individual $25 certificates to people as a gift for a specific restaurant /offer.

Today's restaurants

I purchased a voucher for $400 via Today show for Restaurant,com but 4 days later still not recieved 'the voucher'.......  restaurant.com say it is not their problem and of coarse there is no option to contact 'Today show'...  Now what ?

Is this a legit website? seems fishy if u go to the main domain

I purchased it as well and as of today...jan 24 I still dont have have emailed them several times I bought 2 so 80.00 UGH! going to try to call the customer service number

Shows Sold out for me

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014