• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

The Mail (2.36MB)
Disclaimer
I just received this renewal offer in the snail mail hopefully others can use it.  My device was inactive.  Says it works on all inactive radios in your account.  It may be directed as my letter had my account on it.  The link seems generic. 

Linkaroo - website appears limited in its abilities to complete this offer without chat or phone call.  I had to chat to complete mine.  Still simple.  Others reporting similar.

or call  877-613-3588

My fees were 19.99
2.50 Music Royalty Fee
1.35 Tax
---------
$23.84

The math says $4.77/month or about $0.159 per day.

Requires manual auto renew cancellation by calling 1-866-635-2349....Mark your calendars

*** UPDATE 5/16/2014 - I was able to buy the same offer again when I called to shut off the AUTO RENEW.  They offered me a 12 month then a 6 month then finally the 5 month at the same rate I had before.  5 month auto renew with invoice and you receive an invoice credit of you pay with a credit card immediately.

Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Offer just worked through the link for me. No call, no chat. Thanks!

willgetin (Sep. 10, 2014 @ 9:28a) |

Weird company.

After being passed around a few times I received the $20/5 month special.  However my service had auto-ren... (more)

duhmel (Sep. 18, 2014 @ 9:00p) |

Second radio successfully renewed - this time without being transferred between agents.  Same 5 month/$20 plus internet ... (more)

duhmel (Sep. 18, 2014 @ 9:26p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I tried entering my info and get the following message:

"We are unable to complete this transaction online. Please call Listener Care at (877) 486-5979. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Not sure if this is dead, or their site is just sucking it

rated:
I had to do the same via chat.....site sux I think.

rated:
Dang! I redid mine on Tuesday and the "best" the guy could offer through the wind noise in his phone (he said he was in the Dominican Republic so maybe he was on the beach or something? IDK...) was the 5/$25 so I accepted that. Great deal for those of you that get this new one!

rated:
At the risk of sounding petty, I hate the fact that the advertise one price but then tack on the rediculous "2.50 Music Royalty Fee". That's a 10% kicker.

It's dishonest advertising. Most people probably don't complain b/c it's not a lot of money but it's deceptive and I don't like dealing with companys that employ deceptive tactics. I think it reveals something about how they view their customers.

Just my 2cents.

rated:
$24.06 for here in Ohio. Still good for me. Thanks!

rated:
Worked for me!  Thanks, OP!

rated:
Worked for me too! Thanks OP!!!

rated:
I got the six months for $25 earlier this month, it was targeted and specified the IMEI of my old radio. I can live with the "royalty fee", the $15 charge to swap devices sucks though. My old radio was from 2005, and the display hasn't worked correctly in years, so I ordered a new radio from eBay, and paid more to swap them out than I did for the Onyx radio.

rated:
I got this promo a few days ago when I called to cancel my auto renew, was hoping to get the same $77 deal from last winter but got the 5 for $20 instead.

rated:
Was told the 5 mo for $20 expired on 12-31-13.

Reactivated for the standard 5 mo for $25 deal.

rated:
Worked great for me in OHIO Thanks

rated:
worked here in jersey via chat all he asked for was the link op provided..FYI even if you don't have the money now they cant charge you via chat they can only send you a invoice via email..

rated:
Worked in Indiana -- used chat since I received the 'we are unable to complete transaction online..."

I just had to verify my account details after I mentioned the promotional offer. Thanks!

rated:
Just called got 6 mos for a total of $29.93

rated:
Tried 2 different Customer Servicers. I asked for a reup of my previous 6 months for $25 deal. Both said they couldn't do 2 promos in a row. They said all I could get now was the regular rate ($101 for 6 months).

Hung up on them and dialed Cancellation Department. Got 5 months for $25 right away.

rated:
Always an "interesting" and taxing time when calling Sirius/XM. The first "gatekeeper" wants name, phone, email, and address verification but then transfers me to someone else when I want to renew my sub. The next caller asks for the same info and we have to go through the song and dance of the various plans until I do the mental math and determine that 5 months @ $25 is half the cost of the "Half Priced Yearly Plan" at $111. I do not look forward to these calls even with all of the info I get from you great FW people.

rated:
^Agreed. Tried to get this promo and had to call after a chat. First rep said they no longer in 2014 let you do back to back promos. Went to cancellation and he offered me the 19.99 promo. Ridiculous but it got done.

rated:
Time to play the game again. Called expecting it to take forever. Took 9 minutes. Told him I needed a better rate or I wanted to cancel. He offered 1 year for $84, declined, 6 months for $42, declined, told him I heard others were getting 6 months for $25, and he told he we would do it.
total $28.11 for for 6 months.

rated:
Had a radio as a gift with paid subscription for a year - just signed up for the 5 month promotion as a new account by calling in @ 877-613-3588.

Thanks OP!

rated:
Today I downgraded from Premier to Select for $24.99 for 6/mo. (plus tax/fees) for a total of $28.12. Had to call a couple of times asking for the cancellation dept. The last rep went through a bunch of offers (none as good) then asked me to hold, came back and said her supervisor gave her a code for the $24.99/6mo. offer.

rated:
For news and talk radio stations they have filled it with so many commercials and the most obnoxious ones at that, now it is just like listening to AM or FM expect you get to pay each month. Great way to ruin a great thing in the almighty drive for more money through advertising.Text

rated:
I just bought my Sirius radios a couple of months ago and am still in the trial period. I signed up for the 5 months for $20 for both radios. Guy was nice but couldn't convince him to get rid of auto-renewal.

rated:
These guys annoying the f'ing hell out of me - they call every other day to get me to "come back" and guess what, we'll even waive the activation fee, we're so generous.  I'm not sure that having an activation fee is a good way to get people to sign up for your service.

I'm sure it's a good deal for people who commute and are bored with the other options.  That ain't me.

rated:
This is what I have had for a few years. Every 5 months I call in to renew that plan or threaten to cancel. They always first try and offer other options like the $77/yr plan, which is still more when you break it down. Just keep declining until you end up at this plan.

Note that for the $20/5mo plan, it doesn't include Howard Stern and some other stations. It's another $5 total for the 5 months. Can't go wrong either way.

rated:
phils725 said:   This is what I have had for a few years. Every 5 months I call in to renew that plan or threaten to cancel. They always first try and offer other options like the $77/yr plan, which is still more when you break it down. Just keep declining until you end up at this plan.

Note that for the $20/5mo plan, it doesn't include Howard Stern and some other stations. It's another $5 total for the 5 months. Can't go wrong either way.

Doesn't include Howard??  Do you have an XM flavored radio or Sirius branded?

rated:
Just called and got offered:

1 year (6 months "free") @ $99.03 total
6 months (3 months "free") @ $49.49 total
5 months @ $27.01 (total) - took this one

And was offered the chance to take autopay off and get invoiced without having to ask (and she waived the $2 fee)! Took less than 5 minutes.

rated:
barnkat said:   Just called and got offered:

1 year (6 months "free") @ $99.03 total
6 months (3 months "free") @ $49.49 total
5 months @ $27.01 (total) - took this one

And was offered the chance to take autopay off and get invoiced without having to ask (and she waived the $2 fee)! Took less than 5 minutes.

Just did the same but took me 20 min to listen to her go through the script. Last time they just said how about the same deal as last time!! And was 5 min!!

rated:
Just got five months for a total of $25.21. Almost painless for a change. They made three offers which I declined saying I will cancel and just wait for a better offer to come in the mail in a few weeks to try to get me back. Blah, blah blah about the same promotion won't be available. He than came back with 5 months for $20 plus rest of the BS.

rated:
Easiest company to work with. They value loyal customers. Only wish Verizon was as easy. $44.98 two radios 5 months. 

rated:
The customer service is very good. Quick and to the point. I was able to renew for $25/6 months.

rated:
I tried this promo today and it worked via chat. This was after I called earlier today and they said there was no promotions going on. ~ $23 for 5 months. Green to the Op and Green to SendMeMoney on his comment on deceptive business practices.

rated:
I'm having no luck - I am a long-time internet subscriber and want to add my vehicle. Called their Customer Service twice and chatted once and was given several answers. Phoning I was told $250.76 a year. Chat told me no offers are available at this time.

rated:
i let my 3MO free trial expire, and the guy offered me the 5MO for $20 automatically. WIN WIN WIN! Took 5minutes. I can't believe it. Every time I used to go for the $77/YR I'd have to fight for it. But, then again, the guy tried to continuously bill me, and charge me $2 extra for the privilege of sending me invoices.. I mean, WTF?

Next time though, I might just stick to the $77/year plan, cuz I'm tired of getting the radio cut-off.

rated:
Very disappointed. I just called after receiving a notice for renewal after my 5/$25 expired and they only offered me the regular price for 3-months of "Mostly Music".

Going to explore other routes.

rated:
illtech said:   Very disappointed. I just called after receiving a notice for renewal after my 5/$25 expired and they only offered me the regular price for 3-months of "Mostly Music".

Going to explore other routes.

Why? Just call back and deal with another rep. Make sure you tell them that it's too expensive to renew at the regular price and that you're worried you might have to cancel your service.

rated:
I just called to cancel service (actually to sign up for another five month deal) and the rep told me that I now have an additional three month free trial that will take me to the middle of July. Don't know where that came from but I will take it.

rated:
i just autorenewed at $100/year.  I called them up to say no way.  they gave me a special offer, I said no, another special offer, no, and finally an extra special offer of 5 months for $25.  just took several no's

rated:
Just tried to renew via chat, was told no offers are available.  Told them I would like to cancel then, chat told me I would need to call in to cancel, but sorry, they close at 8pm on Sunday.

Guess I will play this stupid game with them again tomorrow!

Skipping 49 Messages...
rated:
Second radio successfully renewed - this time without being transferred between agents.  Same 5 month/$20 plus internet for $4.00 per month.  The tax was $1.36 less than the deal I just got 15 minutes ago - go figure!!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014