• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples has a 20% off Break-room coupon in their flyer. Apply that to an exchange
An exchange for the 130L tank is $30-20%=$24 -5% Staples rewards = 22.8 -5% AMEX Cash Back on office supplies = $21.60+tax
60L is $15-20%=$12-5% Staples rewards=$11.40 -5% amex = $10.80.
Because of the exchange credit I double you can tack on any more coupons.

Coupon is on page 6 for me.
http://weeklyad.staples.com/StaplesSD/LandingPage?storeid=227897... 

Now many stores sell dry ice. You can follow this youtube guide and refill your extra large tank for ~$1-$3.
As long as you put in 1lb or less of dry ice you should be good as these are designed to hold 33oz of CO2.
CO2 is frequently measured by weight. So 16OZ of liquid or 16OZ solid dry ice is the same weight, just different volumes so the ice will use less space than liquid, than gas.
YMMV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWcRDMAA8RE 

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Sodastream CO2 refill Exchange (11.34kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Nice! I've been wondering if these ever got included in any sales. Unfortunately, it's a 60+ mile drive to the nearest Staples for me.

chrislk1986 said:   Nice! I've been wondering if these ever got included in any sales. Unfortunately, it's a 60+ mile drive to the nearest Staples for me.
  Maybe you can get a price match by a local store? No harm in asking when you go in.
*edit* I put the coupon up so you might be able to use that.

$15 at Bed Bath. Use $5 or 20% coupon to sweeten it.
$15 at Kohls. Use 30% off to sweeten it.

ocean935 said:   $15 at Bed Bath. Use $5 or 20% coupon to sweeten it.

But do they have the 130L versions? Those seem hard to come by.
Also you have to get those coupons. Anyone can get the Staples coupon from the flyer in store.

wizardking said:   
ocean935 said:   $15 at Bed Bath. Use $5 or 20% coupon to sweeten it.

But do they have the 130L versions? Those seem hard to come by.
Also you have to get those coupons. Anyone can get the Staples coupon from the flyer in store.

It's really ridiculous the way some posters defend their posts as if their lives depended on it.

You made a post. It was useful to some. Heck, it was useful to many. One FWer posted that he was not near a Staples. I gave him alternate options. Not better. Just alternate. Now you jump in saying what you said.
In your own op, you carry on with 5% Staples rewards. Well, some of will use rewards to buy this. So no rewards for us.
You further go on about 5% AmEx CashBack. Well, some of us do not have AmEx. Or would not like to use it. So no rewards for us.

Instead of being extra clever, your op should simply have been PRICE - 20%.. That's it. You can't make an old mare look any prettier by dressing her in a wedding gown.

In your own op, you carry on with 5% Staples rewards. Well, some of will use rewards to buy this. So no rewards for us.
You further go on about 5% AmEx CashBack. Well, some of us do not have AmEx. Or would not like to use it. So no rewards for us.

Instead of being extra clever, your op should simply have been PRICE - 20%.. That's it. You can't make an old mare look any prettier by dressing her in a wedding gown.

1st. I broke it out the discounts and provided a possible range because some people will not quality for every discount in my first post despite many people having the AMEX card and/or taking part in Staples' reward programs.
2nd. Why the hating on horses?

Thanks for the info on refilling tanks.  Then I think rhetorically, aside from being able to store CO2, why use the soda stream contraption if you have dry ice and sodastream drink bottle...

Just put the dry ice into your sodastream drink bottle. Similar thought goes to those trying to refizz their flat 2lt soda bottles--drop the dry ice into the bottle. Secondary effect is it helps cool the liquid more.

wizardking said:   

1st. I broke it out the discounts and provided a possible range because some people will not quality for every discount in my first post despite many people having the AMEX card and/or taking part in Staples' reward programs.
2nd. Why the hating on horses?

you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig

There is so much hatred in this forum lately - people chastise others for rating red then "cry" about it in an open forum - so people like me just keep egging them on.

We as a collective "bunch" need to stop getting our panties in a bunch and just get along - not every deal is for every person, and there are alternatives that are available to some that might not be available to others - SO WHAT! does everyone have to post crap all over the place just to up their post count?!?!?! (feeling like the pot calling the kettle black right now!)

Can't we all just get along? 

Oh and thanks all - I don't know how much CO2 I have left in my bottle, does anyone know if you can buy a full price, then get a refund (kinda like a deposit?) for the exchange?

This company has some serious human rights issues and builds and runs its factories in Palestinian confiscated land againt international laws. Its boycott by many organizations. I have avoided them and use the primo flavor station which comes with a tank similar to the paintgun tanks. I bought a second paint gun tank and I refil them each for 5 bucks at a paintball gun store down the street from my place. I get about 60 1.5L bottles for 5 bucks. Cant beat that deal.
http://www.amazon.com/Primo-flavorstation-Beverage-Maker-Model/d...

lemonhead said:   I don't know how much CO2 I have left in my bottle, does anyone know if you can buy a full price, then get a refund (kinda like a deposit?) for the exchange?

The full-price comes in a sealed box, with the UPC on the box. The refill comes wrapped in plastic, with the UPC on the plastic. The plastic on the refill can be removed, the container inseted into the now-open box, and returned with the original receipt. Slight YMMV, but works better at Kohls than Staples because of their liberal return policy.

I refilled my soda stream tank yesterday at the local paint ball shop for $5.   I bet most paintball shops have the adaptor to do this.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014