• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

freedom pop
Disclaimer
Freedompop.com has the Special Platinum Edition Photon 4G Hotspot (Refurbished) + 3GB Wireless Hotspot for First Month $20 + Free Shipping.

• Fast Speeds - Internet at 4G speeds (10x faster than 3G)
  • No Gimmicks - no data caps or throttling speeds
  • Take It With You - use at home, the office, or wherever you go
  • No Contracts - cancel anytime without fees or commitment

Member Summary

Special Platinum Edition Photon 4G Hotspot (Refurbished)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

is the 1GB bonus for the first month only or is it forever? If I get the basic 500MB per month do I end up with 1.5GB per month?

edit: nevermind, I found it.

It looks like the bonus 1GB is a one time thing

However it looks like unused data does rollover

bookieg said:   However it looks like unused data does rollover
  You have to pay an extra $3.99/month for rollover data, but as far as I can tell that would actually include the free 500mb, and the rollover is capped at 500mb (i.e. if you buy the 2GB plan, and only use 1GB, only 500mb will rollover). I think the max accrued rollover is something like 2.5GB too. Had to do some research as if you look on Amazon at them, there are about 100 reviews, about 52 1-star and 40-something 5-star.

I have been a happy Freedompop customer for about a year.
Is it perfect? No. Is it good? Yes!
For small costs there is nothing better.
The 1 stars probably are expecting something like what one pays $60/month elsewhere.

Some 1 stars are miffed about a $1/month charge if one does not use it at all.
That is a fair small charge and newer accounts may not even incur it

Anybody knowing something better for small or no monthly cost speak up please.

Dish Network offers 5GB a month for $50 plus a $10 monthly modem rental and a $99 router purchase along with a 2 year contract in my area...I think I'll try Freedompop!

Note that the 4G service is WiMAX, not LTE, which is not available in many places and is a dying technology so don't expect the coverage area to be expanded. However if you are in a WiMAX area it will work well for you.

I too am a long time Freedom Pop user.  Love the service.  Use it for my ipad while I am out and about, on car trips or regular trips.  They work on the Sprint towers.  Never once have I not had a signal.  Granted, it might have had to search the 4G/3G system a couple times, but no biggie.  This past month I was charged .99 cents.  I emailed them asking why.  Was told that they did away with that fee for everyone, and it was a system glitch.  She refunded me the money without me even asking!  How can you NOT love free internet for when the power goes out or AT&T want to take their sweet time for your service call?? Mind you, this has happened at our house several times.  I was able to use my Freedom Pop for 7 days and 5 days non stop without going over my free plan which was totally awesome.  Just bought this one a couple of weeks ago for my daughter, and she too just loves it.  I paid $40 for my original and $20 for hers.  Best investment ever in my opinion. 

SlightGenius40 said:   I too am a long time Freedom Pop user.  Love the service.  Use it for my ipad while I am out and about, on car trips or regular trips.  They work on the Sprint towers.  Never once have I not had a signal.  Granted, it might have had to search the 4G/3G system a couple times, but no biggie.  This past month I was charged .99 cents.  I emailed them asking why.  Was told that they did away with that fee for everyone, and it was a system glitch.  She refunded me the money without me even asking!  How can you NOT love free internet for when the power goes out or AT&T want to take their sweet time for your service call?? Mind you, this has happened at our house several times.  I was able to use my Freedom Pop for 7 days and 5 days non stop without going over my free plan which was totally awesome.  Just bought this one a couple of weeks ago for my daughter, and she too just loves it.  I paid $40 for my original and $20 for hers.  Best investment ever in my opinion. 
  Just to be clear, I think Freedompop offers a great service for the price, but it would seem that you have the Overdrive pro (which Freedompop is offering for $40 for a refurbished unit http://www.freedompop.com/OverdrivePro ) which does both 3G and 4G (WiMAX).  The $20 unit this thread is about is only 4G (WiMAX) which has very limited availability.  You can see a coverage map at the Clear website http://www.clear.com/coverage .  So long as you live in one of the areas that has coverage, this is a good deal, but if you don't, it will be a useless piece of hardware.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.