• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
http://www.virginmobileusa.com/shop/cell-phones/awe-phone/features/ 

Featuring a bright 4-inch IPS touchscreen display,
5MP camera with flash and video capture,
and a front-facing camera for video chat,
Awe has everything you need to stay social.

Bought one at Target in Black Friday for $20 and it's great.
(the time hackers got all credit card info of 20 million customers like me)

Virgin Mobile
Need a Virgin Mobile coupon that earns $17.50 FatWallet Cash Back?
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

t Virgin Mobile ZTE Awe (35.69kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Has anyone ordered this phone from the VM site and received $17.50 FatCash? It is on sale on the site, if the FatCash c... (more)

jmo (Mar. 13, 2014 @ 5:42p) |

$39,xx at my local Target

yesidonoitall (Mar. 13, 2014 @ 7:01p) |

domonable (Mar. 13, 2014 @ 10:23p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
FWIW: No autofocus. Thought about getting one until I realized that feature was missing.

rated:
This was on sale on Black Friday @ Target for $20. Although I didn't get in on the BF Target $20 deal, I was able to snag one up from eBay for ~$40.

Had the phone for 3 days and it STOP CHARGING! I did not root or do anything to it except install the basic apps from play store. After doing some basic troubleshooting, I realized that the charging problem was when the OS is running. It will charge if the phone is off. After a few days, the problem went away (Guess an OTA update fixed it. It was kind of annoying in the beginning but it all work fine now. Big improvement over Optimus Elite and HTC One V.

The best part is I get to use this phone with my Grandfathered $25 plan.

rated:
HKSturboKid said:   The best part is I get to use this phone with my Grandfathered $25 plan.
  Are you sure about that?

rated:
robasha4 said:   
HKSturboKid said:   The best part is I get to use this phone with my Grandfathered $25 plan.
  Are you sure about that?

Worked for me on $25 plan....great phone for price!

rated:
What are the new device upgrade rules?
Starting May 27, 2012, if you are using the $25, $40, or $60 Beyond Talk Plans and you upgrade to a Beyond Talk Smartphone launched after May 1, 2012 (including the HTC EVO™ V 4G), you will need to switch to the current $35, $45, or $55 Beyond Talk Monthly Plan. When you switch plans, you will need to pay for your new plan and you will lose any minutes, messages, and money in your balance. This will also change your monthly payment date. So if you are considering upgrading to a new smartphone, we recommend that you wait until right before your next monthly payment date to activate.

*The following smartphones launched before May 1, 2012 and are therefore not subject to the new device upgrade rules at this time: VentureTM, LG ® OptimusTM Slider, HTC ® Wildfire STM, Motorola TriumphTM, LG ® Optimus VTM, Blackberry ® CurveTM 8530.

Did you have to call CS to verify or did you just activate online? The guidelines seem pretty clear so if there is an exception please share.

rated:
robasha4 said:   
  Are you sure about that?

On HoFo, grandfathered users have reported being able to switch to the 3G-only smartphones like this one and keep the grandfathered plan.

rated:
Talki said:   http://www.virginmobileusa.com/shop/cell-phones/awe-phone/features/ 

Featuring a bright 4-inch IPS touchscreen display,
5MP camera with flash and video capture,
and a front-facing camera for video chat,
Awe has everything you need to stay social.

Bought one at Target in Black Friday for $20 and it's great.
(the time hackers got all credit card info of 20 million customers like me)

RE:
(the time hackers got all credit card info of 20 million customers like me

I aksed at the store if that included the Red Target card (draws on your checking account) was included and told they did not know.
Does anyone know if it was?

rated:
Many on eBay, $45 to $50

rated:

vm (17.97kB)
Disclaimer
robasha4 said:   
  Are you sure about that?

Yes.  I did it on 2 phones and both kept the $25 plan and a friend of mine also did it online and got to keep the $25 plan as well.
Do Not Call.  Logon to your account on VirginMobileUSA.com and select Swap Phone on the right panel.  

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
(the time hackers got all credit card info of 20 million customers like me

I aksed at the store if that included the Red Target card (draws on your checking account) was included and told they did not know.
Does anyone know if it was?

Looking at the message posted by their CEO Most likely yes.  
Heard on the news that Target might be providing credit protection services most like for 1 year via 3rd party.Dear Target Guest,

As you have likely heard by now, Target experienced unauthorized access to payment card data from U.S. Target stores. We take this crime seriously. It was a crime against Target, our team members and most importantly you - our valued guest.We understand that a situation like this creates stress and anxiety about the safety of your payment card data at Target.  Our brand has been built on a 50-year foundation of trust with our guests, and we want to assure you that the cause of this issue has been addressed and you can shop with confidence at Target.We want you to know a few important things:

•  The unauthorized access took place in U.S. Target stores between Nov. 27 and Dec. 15, 2013.  Canadian stores and Target.com were not affected. 
  •  Even if you shopped at Target during this time frame, it doesn’t mean you are a victim of fraud. In fact, in other similar situations, there are typically low levels of actual fraud.
  •  There is no indication that PIN numbers have been compromised on affected bank issued PIN debit cards or Target debit cards. Someone cannot visit an ATM with a fraudulent debit card and withdraw cash.
  •  You will not be responsible for fraudulent charges—either your bank or Target have that responsibility;
  •  We’re working as fast as we can to get you the information you need.  Our guests are always the first priority.
  •  For extra assurance, we will offer free credit monitoring services for everyone impacted. We’ll be in touch with you soon on how and where to access the service.

Please read the full notice below. And over the coming days and weeks we will be relying on Target.com, abullseyeview.com, corporate.Target.com and our various social channels to answer questions and keep you up to date.Thank you for your patience, understanding and loyalty to Target!

rated:
RE:
on affected bank issued PIN debit cards or Target debit cards.  

Without saying it, they must ,mean the Red Target card which is a debit against the bank account you have listed with them
They said no pin codes were compromised.

rated:
I got that email also talking about credit protection services.

rated:
I'm getting a temporarily out of stock. Is anyone else?

rated:
Does anyone know of a quick/easy way to transfer all info & settings over to the AWE from an Optimus Elite?

thanks

rated:
fraidy said:   Does anyone know of a quick/easy way to transfer all info & settings over to the AWE from an Optimus Elite?

thanks

You can use titanium backup to backup all your data and then load up titanium backup from AWE and to a restore.   Personally, i would just either export my contact or sync with your google account and then sync it with the awe.  As far as app, I would install new from playstore as you will not carried over any problems you might had. 

rated:
Just FYI, I posted this on another site:

Virgin Mobile Awe (ZTE N800) - Grandfathered plan $25 WORKS as of Dec 24, 2013
This isn't per se a deal but it feels like a deal to me because i get to stay on my $25 Virgin Mobile plan.
I think the info might be important to the $25 guys out there.

Dated 12/24/2013
I recently bought the $49 deal mentioned earlier last week. price is back to $69 on VM site but I saw on eBay you can get for about $50 new.

I just wanted to confirm as what alot of people have been saying:
Virgin Mobile Awe (ZTE N800) can be swapped out without any hassle if you are grandfathered into the $25 plan from Virgin Mobile.

I did the swap on the website by entering the phone serial number.
Did not ask me to upgrade my plan or choose a new plan.
The swap does NOT reset your month either.

I did have to call after that to have them help me just to actually activate the phone (i goofed somewhere) but no mention any change of plans.

Coming from an Optimus V, this phone is beyond great! I can actually run apps on this phone.It just feels like a larger version of the Op V cause of the simple interface.
Any other phones that are $25 compatible are from mid-2012 or earlier...as most people know already but this one was released recently.

I also think it is a good starter phone for need to sign up for the $35 plan. you get alot for a sub $100 phone.

rated:
We bought 3 of these on BF and they are great little phones, especially for $20!

At our local Target nobody else was even looking at them...

So far I've got mine rooted and have obtained the SPC code. Next step is to find a guide to flash it for use on PagePlus.

Some further reading here for those that are interested: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1817552-Flash-Virgin-Mobile-ZTE-Awe-to-Page-Plus & here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2551844 

Edit: One negative point that I've found so far is that it's not stable for video chat calls using Skype. It's solid as a rock on audio only Skype calls but when using video, the program has constant interruptions.

I have to admit that Skype tends to have numerous issues on the Android system in general for me, across a wide range of devices and versions. It used to be great up until the point that MS got involved in my experience - anybody feel the same way?

rated:
If I had known this phone could be grandfathered on the $25 plan I would have bought it at Target on Black Friday for $19.99. The Target by me had at least 20 of them available when I was there on Saturday of Black Friday weekend

rated:
I bought this phone on eBay for $42.95 and did the swap on the website also and most importantly, kept my $25 plan. My daughter, who has the $25 plan, is mulling over whether to get this phone or a "real" smartphone from At&T. I will now have to live with the anxiety of waiting for the billing cycle to end to see if VM catches on.

rated:
I would have gotten this phone and kept my grandfathered plan, too, if I'd known that! I bought an Optimus F3 at Best Buy last week for $89.99. Great phone - much faster than the Elite I came from, but more important than that, the battery life is great. I have gone through moderate use since I bought it and have not gone below 60% battery yet. I lost the grandfathered $25 plan, but at $35 a month plus tax, I think it'll be worth it. The 4G speeds are VERY good - running the Speedtest app at home yielded 14MB download speeds surprisingly! I had to make sure I had the wireless turned off to verify.

rated:
DaveTheStud said:   If I had known this phone could be grandfathered on the $25 plan I would have bought it at Target on Black Friday for $19.99. 
Lets see ... you could spend say $20 phone +24 months times $25 = $620.
But you could not afford $50 + xxx = $650 ???

rated:
Talki said:   
DaveTheStud said:   If I had known this phone could be grandfathered on the $25 plan I would have bought it at Target on Black Friday for $19.99. 
Lets see ... you could spend say $20 phone +24 months times $25 = $620.
But you could not afford $50 + xxx = $650 ???

That's not very Fat Wallet of you. There's cheap skates then there's Fat Wallet Cheap Skates.

rated:
Have you gone through your billing cycle yet to confirm that the swap worked without bumping you out of your $25 plan?  If not, please update us here once confirmed either way.

rated:
Has anyone ordered this phone from the VM site and received $17.50 FatCash? It is on sale on the site, if the FatCash comes through it would be $42.50.

Is the $25 plan still working with this phone?

rated:
$39,xx at my local Target

rated:
excoriatorb said:   robasha4 said:   
  Are you sure about that?

On HoFo, grandfathered users have reported being able to switch to the 3G-only smartphones like this one and keep the grandfathered plan.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014