Menards 11% Rebate on Gift Cards

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Per a new sales flyer that I just received, Menards is having an 11% rebate promo again -- between Dec 26 and Jan 4.  However something new has been added.  The 11% rebate will now be earned on purchases of Menards gift cards.  Time to stock up on Menards gift cards.

Member Summary

menards
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hopefully this mean we we see great after Xmas sales.

sauce?

Can someone please scan in and post the flyer?

Is the 11% added instantly as a bonus to the GC you are purchasing, or do you have to wait weeks to get something in the mail?

Mulox said:   Can someone please scan in and post the flyer?

Is the 11% added instantly as a bonus to the GC you are purchasing, or do you have to wait weeks to get something in the mail?

  You get a Menards merchandise certificate in the mail about a month later.

Just finished ordering.

Very easy to order online. They even tell you the amount of the rebate you will be getting.

They email you the rebate receipt about 10 minutes after placing the order. No need to go in to the store to get these or to file for the rebate.

Rebate is a merchandise card that can only be used to buy merchandise and will arrive in the mail 8-10 weeks after submitting the rebate.

And no, you cannot use a Menards gift card to buy another gift card. States this specifically in rules.

Great deal.

I wonder how it would work if you were to purchase a 100 dollar gift card....

then go back and buy another one for 100 dollars AND other items as well...would you get the rebate on the entire purchase and be able to use the gift card, or would they only allow you to use the gift card up to the amount of hte additional purchase?

pryan67 said:   I wonder how it would work if you were to purchase a 100 dollar gift card....

then go back and buy another one for 100 dollars AND other items as well...would you get the rebate on the entire purchase and be able to use the gift card, or would they only allow you to use the gift card up to the amount of hte additional purchase?

  pretty sure you just answered your own question
 

lordoffire said:   
pryan67 said:   I wonder how it would work if you were to purchase a 100 dollar gift card....

then go back and buy another one for 100 dollars AND other items as well...would you get the rebate on the entire purchase and be able to use the gift card, or would they only allow you to use the gift card up to the amount of hte additional purchase?

  pretty sure you just answered your own question

  

but is their system smart enough to catch that?   It's worth trying when I go there today or tomorrow...

 

pryan67 said:   
lordoffire said:   
pryan67 said:   I wonder how it would work if you were to purchase a 100 dollar gift card....

then go back and buy another one for 100 dollars AND other items as well...would you get the rebate on the entire purchase and be able to use the gift card, or would they only allow you to use the gift card up to the amount of hte additional purchase?

  pretty sure you just answered your own question

  

but is their system smart enough to catch that?   It's worth trying when I go there today or tomorrow...

 

  give it a shot

"their system" would catch it because in order to use a giftcard at menards, you must hand the card to the cashier and the cashier must manually swipe the giftcard.  you can't just hide it and swipe it yourself at the end of the transaction.  they are trained in the use of giftcards, they ALWAYS write the balance remaining on the giftcard, for example.

Is there a limit to this rebate? Spent around $45,000 at Menard's in 2013.

Now, do you have to pay sales tax on the gift cards you purchase, OR when you redeem for merchandise.  IF you have to pay both times, then it defeats the purpose of buying it in advance. 

ANYONE know?

How come there is NO fatwallet rebate on purchases at Mendards like there currently is at Home Depot? Currently, your purchases are rebated at 5% of total purchase.

i bought gift card, no tax. Tax only when you buy merchandise.

Use gift card to buy merchandise, then also get 11% rebate. Double dip on this promo.

i did the double dip a couple of days ago no problem, but if you get a gift card for over $500 you have to have a manager approval

Can I get gift card on line with credit card? How long is 11% on til?

Two months ago.

Current ad has reinstated the restrictions regarding gift cards:

Excludes gift cards, propane purchases, delivery and handing charges, all rental items, processing fees, packaging charges and extended service agreements.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014