Member Summary

Intel i7-3770k
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer

Intel i7-3770k
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can we price match to Staples if they have it in stock?

is this B&M only or can i order this online too?

nvm

Isn't this a great price? Micro Center is $249. Any opinions?

Yes, this is the best price to date on this particular processor. I don't need a GPU onboard, since I always use a discreet card, but if you don't play a lot of hard core games, this should be just fine.

I hate these Fry's and Microcenter in store only deals. They're all over FW, and no BM anywhere near Tampa, FL. Anybody had any success pricematching?

Amazon SAME PRICE

caddude said:   Isn't this a great price? Micro Center is $249. Any opinions?
  It's a good price, especially for a new build and if you can avoid sales tax. For an upgrade, maybe, maybe not. From an i5, probably not.

feel said:   Amazon SAME PRICE
  Where? I just look for it and not even close.

Thanks.

ElGuache said:   
  Where? I just look for it and not even close.

I think he spotted the flaw in @Amazon search feature. Search returns shit results. He thought the 3570k was the 3770k. Happens to me every time I search Amazon.com. HATE Amazon's search.

I bought stuff on Amazon on accident due to their "enhanced search" (read broken) features.

I'd be in for one, but nearest Fry's with this in stock for pickup is 597.27mi away. The nearest B&M is 344.93mi (but unavailable). Think in this case it would be cheaper to pay the $249 at Micro Center, but even than it's still 93.4mi away. Pft I'd pay Fry's $250 for it, ship it to my house, and keep the change.

I've been using one of these for over a year and it is a great CPU. Coupled with a GTX 670 4GB it runs pretty much everything I throw at it at greater than acceptable frame rates. I'm running this with 16GB of Corsair Vengeance which I found a deal on here for before last friday. Well, 12GB of the kit plus I had to get one more stick. Pretty good computer with solid state drives.

It's a good cpu for coders too because it has a lot of new technology built in that intel is putting in processors from Ivy Bridge forward, such as the true random number generator based on thermal dynamics.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014