• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is my first post so I hope you take it easy on me  

McDonalds has a new app and in my area and there are couple of deals that I think are worth mentioning... one is a "FREE large sandwich with any purchase" - Exp 01/19/14 (~$5-$7 in value) and the second not as hot "FREE medium fry and drink with a any premium McWrap" Exp 12/29/14 (~$3-$4 in value)

The way the offers on the app work is you mention the offer before you order and when you are about to pay the cashier should ask you to click redeem on your app (but many don't) then a 2 min counter starts to use offer, basically a way for the cashier to know its has been used.
The flaw... when they released this app they must have forgotten to keep track of which device/user has already used the offer, so basically you have the two offers above for as much as you desire to eat McDonalds as long as you keep deleting the app after an offer has been redeemed  
based on map in the link below that could be $$$ saved if you are a McDonalds fan  
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2011-11-09-mcsparenesness0909.jpg 

Also keep in mind a fix for this after this flaw is discovered might prompt McDonalds app developers to update the app, simply pass on the update and you should continue to enjoy these offers.

for investors out there short McDonalds for this period  

Member Summary

McDonalds
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
What's a "large" sandwich? Aren't they all small? Or does large mean you get an extra patty?

ablang (May. 26, 2014 @ 2:13p) |

A 'large' sandwich is usually any of their main sandwiches - Big Mac, Quarter Pounder, etc...

mrdjman (May. 26, 2014 @ 3:45p) |

Seems like the uninstall coupon reset trick doesn't work on android i've tried on 3 different McD's versions (1.1 1.51, ... (more)

Duaber (May. 26, 2014 @ 3:52p) |

App for Android @ Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mowingo.gaaf

App for Apple @ iTunes
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mcd-app/id562542654?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

McD App offers are currently available only in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area, the St. Louis Metro Area, in New England, and in Albany, NY. But stay tuned: more regions will be added over time.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

HISHAMNOMAN said:   This is my first post so I hope you take it easy on me  

McDonalds has a new app and in my area and there are couple of deals that I think are worth mentioning... one is a "FREE large sandwich with any purchase"  (~$5-$7 in value) and the second not as hot "FREE medium fry and drink with a any premium McWrap" (~$3-$4 in value)

The way the offers on the app work is you mention the offer before you order and when you are about to pay the cashier should ask you to click redeem on your app (but many don't) then a 2 min counter starts to use offer, basically a way for the cashier to know its has been used.
The flaw... when they released this app they must have forgotten to keep track of which device/user has already used the offer, so basically you have the two offers above for as much as you desire to eat McDonalds as long as you keep deleting the app after an offer has been redeemed

based on map in the link below that could be $$$ saved if you are a McDonalds fan  

Also keep in mind a fix for this after this flaw is discovered might prompt McDonalds app developers to update the app, simply pass on the update and you should continue to enjoy these offers.

Linky to App please?

good call.. i did not know they had several apps out there

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mcd-app/id562542654?mt=8

Haven't been in a while.. maybe I'll have to! Thanks.

McDonalds has a new app and in my area and there are couple of deals that I think are worth mentioning... one is a "FREE large sandwich with any purchase"  (~$5-$7 in value) and the second not as hot "FREE medium fry and drink with a any premium McWrap" (~$3-$4 in value)

as long as you keep deleting the app after an offer has been redeemed

simply pass on the update and you should continue to enjoy these offers.

How are you going to re-install and pass on the update???? 

"McD App offers are currently available only in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area, the St. Louis Metro Area, in New England, and in Albany, NY. But stay tuned: more regions will be added over time."

Most people won't be able to find any offers in their area.

HISHAMNOMAN said:   good call.. i did not know they had several apps out there

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mcd-app/id562542654?mt=8

You need to modify the title to state that it requires an iDevice with new MC'd app installed.  And that it's regional and YMMV.

NoMoney.. got me there, you are right after an update is out you will lose the ability to delete and reinstall to restore offers. Still a great offer until they do/find out  

This is the new McDApp (McDApp.com) which has been out for about a month in test markets such as New England & the SF Bay Area. It's for both Android / IOS. The way it was marketed when it came through here (last month) was "Free Large Sandwich shen you download the McD App". The coupon on top of the stack would be the free large sandwich one, no purchase required (exp 1/5/14); there are lots of other offers like free latte with any purchase, B1G1 McMuffin, $1 off McFlurry, etc. You tap one and activate it, and a timer appears. You show the timing-down offer (2 MINS) to the cashier when they take your order. Once you use an offer, it disappears but new offers fill in their place.

The free large sandwich w/ purchase is a new offer and may very by location. You have to download it to see which offers are in your area.

lolreconlol said:   Haven't been in a while.. maybe I'll have to! Thanks.
That's what Burgerwars said - NOT!

this should go to free stuff at best?

Chicago - no offers in your area

I was going to say you could just save off the APK and then reinstall the old (broken) version as much as you want.  But then I realized this was Apple not Android and you have no control over anything.  

No offers in Kansas or western Missouri.

cyfan said:   I was going to say you could just save off the APK and then reinstall the old (broken) version as much as you want.  But then I realized this was Apple not Android and you have no control over anything.  
  There is an Android app also. Not sure why it wasn't mentioned. Same restrictions as to where it is available as the iTunes app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mowingo.gaaf

Buffalo, NY - no offers

Lancaster, PA NO OFFERS

In the description to the app...prominently displayed is:
"Use McD App to get the most out of your McDonald’s experience! Find the nearest McDonald’s restaurant, browse the menu, enjoy great deals and share them with your friends.
McD App offers are currently available only in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area, the St. Louis Metro Area, in New England, and in Albany, NY. But stay tuned: more regions will be added over time.
Ver. 1.52 - bug fixes."

Downloaded the app. It looks interesting but no offers for my area.

Following offers showed up after I installed the app (in the OC area):

- FREE Hash Brown with purchase of Egg McMuffin
- Buy a Breakfast Extra Value Meal, get one FREE
- Get any Quarter Pounder Burger for only $2!
- FREE Dessert with purchase of Extra Value Meal
- Free Sm. McCafe Hot Chocolate with purchase

World's first heart-attack-by-App?

No in my area, but excellent first post.

Im not scamming that would upset my stomach and cause me to go in debt why would I want to do that?

Title is incorrect! "requires iDevice". where is the i in android?
it works on android app too.

It's between the "o" and the "d" in Android  

LMGTFY - "Fake GPS" is your friend.

Does anyone here have a copy of the old version .APK? All the offers disappeared on mine about a week ago (I had been redeeming some), and not even a factory restore in Android & reload would bring them back. TIA!

ETA [1/3/14 @ 2:16 PM ET]: Those in NE markets who had their offers disappear (a few weeks ago) may want to check again. I got an email today from the app support team (Mowingo), saying they resolved a data issue this afternoon. All my offers are working again!

Loaded Fake GPS to check out what offers would pop up for the Bay Area. The free large sandwich with any purchase does show up, however the fine print clearly states:

"Valid only at participating US Greater Bay Area McDonald's restaurants." 

So YMMV if you try using this outside of the areas where this particular coupon is only supposed to be valid for. As for me, I think I'll pass for now.

HISHAMNOMAN said:   NoMoney.. got me there, you are right after an update is out you will lose the ability to delete and reinstall to restore offers. Still a great offer until they do/find out
  If you're on an android you can save the "apk" file and then reinstall the same file (therefore eliminating the updates forever). Go to the Google App store and look for "APK backup & Restore"

My nexus 7 is not compatible with this app, my junk china android tablet using CM9 can install it... What is MCD thinking?

McDonalds around here use the FrontFlip app which is basically the same thing to get those offers.
some of you might want to download that app to get these deals.

Android: A Linux-based operating system released by Google.
Droid: Verizon’s line of smartphones distributed by manufacturers Motorola, HTC, and Samsung.
-https://www.lookout.com/resources/know-your-mobile/android-vs-droid 

eddiengail said:   It's between the "o" and the "d" in Android  

jimmywalt said:   
HISHAMNOMAN said:   NoMoney.. got me there, you are right after an update is out you will lose the ability to delete and reinstall to restore offers. Still a great offer until they do/find out
  If you're on an android you can save the "apk" file and then reinstall the same file (therefore eliminating the updates forever). Go to the Google App store and look for "APK backup & Restore"

Why not: Settings>Apps, click on the McDonalds App and clear data and cache?

Oh wow that't pretty interesting! Thanks for the tip

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   

as long as you keep deleting the app after an offer has been redeemed

simply pass on the update and you should continue to enjoy these offers.

How are you going to re-install and pass on the update???? 

I have an idea - how about install an app like File Expert (FREE) and make a backup of the app (some won't let you backup just FYI) and then delete app, and install from your backup!
I've done this to move apps from devices that were never meant to get certain apps, and it works very well for that - and the app can be transferred between devices via wifi!

My app offers are working again. Mowingo said they resolved a data issue with it today. If yours disappeared, try checking again.

No printable coupons for people that do not have smart phones?

Looks like they finally released an update
*user login
* " bug fixes"

I wish i never came across this offer. i am at least 5 pound heavier... kinda glad its coming to an end

Skipping 9 Messages...
Seems like the uninstall coupon reset trick doesn't work on android i've tried on 3 different McD's versions (1.1 1.51, 1.52)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014