• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Target has a deal for a FREE Sony Blu Ray Player (Sony BDP-S1100) which sells for 89.99 if you buy three select Blu Ray Combo Packs!  The eligible BD Combo Packs sell for $24.99 each and are listed below.  This deal runs 12/29/13 to 2/15/14. 

Elysium
Olympus Has Fallen
White House Down
The Smurfs 2
After Earth
Grown Ups 2
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
This is the End

Now for anyone who does not like three of the seven titles listed, you can always buy the items required for this deal and return whatever you don't want.  Target always discounts things equally (by percentage) in a buy something and get something else free deal.  So by my calculation, your Target receipt will show you paying approximately $40.90 for the BD player and $11.36 for each BD combo pack (since the whole package costs $24.99 x 3 = $74.97).  I hope this is not too confusing for everyone.  Also the best part is you will by paying tax on the $74.97.  I saw this deal and did not jump on it because I am not sure if I need another BD player but someone here could use it!

Member Summary

Sony BDP-S1100
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

Free BDP Display
Thanks romeo724
Disclaimer

BD Combo Packs
Thanks romeo724
Disclaimer

Target Receipt
Thanks romeo724
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I tried this, but got shot down.  I didn't realize there were two different UPCs.  Had to go to service desk for the pri... (more)

BullishDad (Jan. 24, 2014 @ 9:45p) |

The UPC on my box had a sticker over the original.  The UPC number on the sticker is 027242282551.  That's the number I ... (more)

andunn (Jan. 24, 2014 @ 10:57p) |

Thanks for the info on the UPC.  I may try this again if I can find a box with the right UPC.  I knew the "two weeks ago... (more)

BullishDad (Jan. 24, 2014 @ 11:09p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm not seeing it through these links.

romeo724 said:   Also the best part is you will by paying tax on the $74.97.
  How is that the best part again?

Just an FYI, this player is non-3D and sells for $58 on Amazon. I'd say if you'd like the movies go for it, otherwise it might not be worth the trouble...

to put this in perspective, last week elysium dropped from $17 to $15 after christmas at Target, and the others were $12.99 each on a daily deal from best buy on christmas eve (http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=233759 ). so at that minimum cost of $40.98 means getting the player for $33.99, still not a bad deal.

also Target has exclusives on just about all of these movies (bonus discs, steelbook version of elysium, etc.) that might still be available.

tooloud said:   

I think it's because you don't have to pay tax on the Blu Ray player.

For what its worth, this is a great Blu-ray player. If you have Amazon prime, it plays the Amazon videos flawlessly. Also has relatively quick spin up.

Edit: Very sorry. I had this one confused with the ~~Sony BDP-S590 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi . Many apologies to all.

So what is the in-store price on the blu-rays?

Olympus Has Fallen
White House Down
arent these two actually the same movie theme ??

So, if I'll PM Blu-ray player to Amazon for $55 and then return all movies, it will cost me about $32?

Already have a Blu-ray player but seems like an OK deal

mikjagger said:   Olympus Has Fallen
White House Down

pretty much

I didn't find either of them to be that great.

This is not a good unit. I have one and have to unplug it and plug it in again when it freezes or fails to see the USB Thumbdriveplugged into it with my MP4 movies in it and remote is the most poorly designed remote I have ever seen so that you hit buttonsyou don't want and it still has the 1- 10 buttons as if we would use it to turn channels on the cable box or TV.I would not buy it again.

White house down, After earth and Elysium.

This is not that hot.

After Earth. Seriously?

ArtieLange said:   
White House Down

pretty much

One has Morgan Freeman and the other has Channing Tatum.  'Nuff said.

I think, it doesnt have Wi-Fi technology

chandra66 said:   I think, it doesnt have Wi-Fi technology
   It does not.  the S3100 and S5100 both do.  This is the bottom of the line in the series but still a good player I believe.  

get this deal and sell the blu ray player for free movies!

belgique said:   This is not a good unit. I have one and have to unplug it and plug it in again when it freezes or fails to see the USB Thumbdriveplugged into it with my MP4 movies in it and remote is the most poorly designed remote I have ever seen so that you hit buttonsyou don't want and it still has the 1- 10 buttons as if we would use it to turn channels on the cable box or TV.I would not buy it again.
  Sony's don't play most MP4s.  I found out when using Handbrake that my Sony doesn't support its format.

But for free?  Nice deal.

CCbbaa said:   get this deal and sell the blu ray player for free movies!
  Given the, um, "high quality" movie choices, I think most of the people interested in this deal are so for closer to the opposite of what you suggest.

Just thinkin'...If you wait til later in Feb. wouldn't the combos be cheaper than the $24? Do you think?

mungbai said:   For what its worth, this is a great Blu-ray player. If you have Amazon prime, it plays the Amazon videos flawlessly. Also has relatively quick spin up.
  I am glad to hear of someone having a good experience with this POS Sony Blu-Ray player. We still have over 200 of these just from Costco returns since June that we still have not processed. Add to that another 600-800 of the BDP-BX18 from Wal-Mart/Sams Club which BTW is the same identical Sony Blu-Ray player in a slightly different case. Most have one or more of the cheap buttons on top broke off on them. We don't even bother checking them out anymore. We just remove the remotes from the returns and the players go straight Ito recycling .

White House Down

There is a TV show coming out with a similar theme as well.

Clearly someone was pitching this concept and got around a ton.

WONDERFUL! Can I just buy three copies of AFTER EARTH and watch them consecutively? Best movie ever!
Listen to me, you must listen to me. OR ELSE

belgique said:   This is not a good unit. I have one and have to unplug it and plug it in again when it freezes or fails to see the USB Thumbdriveplugged into it with my MP4 movies in it and remote is the most poorly designed remote I have ever seen so that you hit buttonsyou don't want and it still has the 1- 10 buttons as if we would use it to turn channels on the cable box or TV.I would not buy it again.
  How many Sony Blu Ray Players do you own?

This from the thread about the BDP-S3100
belqique said: I have one of these and the Remote is Horrible...button u use most frequently are at the very bottom and difficult to use. I would never buy this Sony again.

This from the thread about the BDP-5100
belqique said: I own two of theses...would never buy it again.

momoman said:   
tooloud said:   

I think it's because you don't have to pay tax on the Blu Ray player.

Yes I hate paying sales tax which is 9.5% where I live.  I like using coupons and such and the part I hate the most is in California, you pay tax on the pre-coupon price.  With Target buy something, get something deals, you pay tax on the discounted price. 

cnIsfg said:   
mungbai said:   For what its worth, this is a great Blu-ray player. If you have Amazon prime, it plays the Amazon videos flawlessly. Also has relatively quick spin up.
  I am glad to hear of someone having a good experience with this POS Sony Blu-Ray player. We still have over 200 of these just from Costco returns since June that we still have not processed. Add to that another 600-800 of the BDP-BX18 from Wal-Mart/Sams Club which BTW is the same identical Sony Blu-Ray player in a slightly different case. Most have one or more of the cheap buttons on top broke off on them. We don't even bother checking them out anymore. We just remove the remotes from the returns and the players go straight Ito recycling .

Sorry! I had it confused with the ~~Sony BDP-S590 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi.

hooked said:   
ArtieLange said:   
White House Down

pretty much

One has Morgan Freeman and the other has Channing Tatum.  'Nuff said.

Olympus Has Fallen is what Die Hard 5 should have been.
White House Down is a comedy

these are really bad movies that would probably be on sale soon for 5 dollar each. so 5 x 3 = 15 and subtract the 75 dollars of this deal, ya the player is about 60 dollars.

has anyone verified how much the DVD player comes out to if you return the movies?

If you return movies (about $11.36 x 3), player comes out to be about $45 with tax.

stopsignhank said:   

belqique said: I have one of these and the Remote is Horrible...button u use most frequently are at the very bottom and difficult to use. I would never buy this Sony again.

He clearly never got over the demise of HD DVD!

steve1jr said:   
stopsignhank said:   

He clearly never got over the demise of HD DVD!

LOL I count 4

If the blu ray was wifi then great deal but no wifi, ehh deal. 

My Target only had the BDP-S5100 and subbed it. They had no clue which DVD player was free.

LordB said:   
White House Down

There is a TV show coming out with a similar theme as well.

Clearly someone was pitching this concept and got around a ton.

I think they got the plot from "24".

Skipping 19 Messages...
andunn said:   The UPC on my box had a sticker over the original.  The UPC number on the sticker is 027242282551.  That's the number I would be looking for if anyone else attempts the deal and it did not end 2 weeks ago because I just got it 2 nights ago.
  Thanks for the info on the UPC.  I may try this again if I can find a box with the right UPC.  I knew the "two weeks ago" excuse was BS, but there was no sign promoting the deal, so my argument wasn't going to go too far.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014