• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Home Depot
See Home Depot promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

pliers (9.33kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I grabbed the last set at my local HD the other day. They're OK quality. Not great, but better than most of the Made in ... (more)

megaboomerd (Jan. 13, 2014 @ 5:13p) |

Just picked up the same set at Sears (craftsmen) and it was...gulp...fifty bucks

ordinaryhuman (Jan. 13, 2014 @ 5:17p) |

dead.

pimpkinchamper (Jan. 14, 2014 @ 4:25p) |

PRODUCT OVERVIEW

These DEWALT Pliers feature Grip Armor protection which helps to prevent the tool's PVC dipped grips from tearing off the handles of the pliers. Thanks to a high-tech adhesive, the PVC grips bond securely to the Cr-V steel pliers. This Guaranteed To

Grip Armor tear-resistant PVC dipped grips provide a long useful life
Developed from Cr-V steel for a durability on the jobsite
Cross hatch tooth geometry helps prevent slippage from the work material
Precision machined jaws for gripping, twisting and cutting
Induction hardened cutting edges provide resilience and durability

Seems like an average deal.

I think it's a good deal
Good quality tools for less than the price of cheap ones.

I've only associated Dewalt with power tools. Has Dewalt also made hand tools this whole time, or are they just starting to slap their brand on some whatever-Chinese stuff?

thanks!

knickdigger said:   I've only associated Dewalt with power tools. Has Dewalt also made hand tools this whole time, or are they just starting to slap their brand on some whatever-Chinese stuff?

They have only entered hand tools in the last 2 years or so. They are owned by Stanley and their tools are decent tools, by far from the best but better than a lot. Their Fatmax line is even better.  The Dewalt hand tools are definably better and have a lifetime guarantee. I'm sure most of it is made in China, but isn't just about everything these days is. So I guess one of the better ones coming from China is the answer.

I say their should be a made in the USA deal forum, or filter for it.

Good Deal OP

I don't know how they compare to Dewalt but I picked up THIS 4 piece Sheffield set from Sears for $7.99.  I haven't opened the packaging yet but reviews seem ok.

In 4 1 thx.

MeIsCheap said:   
knickdigger said:   I've only associated Dewalt with power tools. Has Dewalt also made hand tools this whole time, or are they just starting to slap their brand on some whatever-Chinese stuff?

They have only entered hand tools in the last 2 years or so. They are owned by Stanley and their tools are decent tools, by far from the best but better than a lot. Their Fatmax line is even better.  The Dewalt hand tools are definably better and have a lifetime guarantee. I'm sure most of it is made in China, but isn't just about everything these days is. So I guess one of the better ones coming from China is the answer.

i like the made in USA filter idea. my tools are over 75% made in USA (possibly over 90%, but it's not practical to do a count) and i prefer to keep it that way 

morecowbell said:   MeIsCheap said:   

i like the made in USA filter idea. my tools are over 75% made in USA (possibly over 90%, but it's not practical to do a count) and i prefer to keep it that way 

Perhaps you can send your tools to China to count how many you have that are made in the US?

I saw this deal in store for same price.

Good deals. Does anyone know the length f either of these sets ? Don't need the " mini " ones.
Thanks in advance

I'd buy me set if I didn't already have all of them

richps1961 said:   Good deals. Does anyone know the length f either of these sets ? Don't need the " mini " ones.
Thanks in advance

Includes 6" Diagonal Cutting Pliers, 6" Long Nose Pliers, 6" Slip Joint Pliers, 7" Linesmans Pliers

ArtieLange said:   I'd buy me set if I didn't already have all of them
"Need" should never be a factor for FW purchase decisions.  

Your FW membership is revoked!

emp1 said:   
morecowbell said:   
MeIsCheap said:   

Perhaps you can send your tools to China to count how many you have that are made in the US?

that's not a bad idea, but i moved recently and so they're spread out a bit. otherwise i could count them more easily

my wrench set - all USA
torque wrench - USA
new power screwdriver - i won't even look. i'll assume china
hex key set, metric - just a few, but china. i actually couldn't find a USA set locally, and i had to fix my bike (japan)
hex key set, standard - USA
screw drivers - USA
socket set - USA

at a glance and using actual numbers within the sets, i can safely guesstimate that the above is correct

This is a really good deal!! I think they were almost $30 normally.

In for one, thanks op!

I grabbed the last set at my local HD the other day. They're OK quality. Not great, but better than most of the Made in China crap sold today. Easily worth the price...but not too much more.

Just picked up the same set at Sears (craftsmen) and it was...gulp...fifty bucks

dead.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014