• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
They have it at for $2599 with 1% Cash Back.  I have pulled the trigger.  I have read that the try to sell accessories etc or cancel the order. Let see what happens.  $2575 is the lowest I can find with no tax. 

THIS IS A SCAM BY Abe's of Maine.  DON"T FALL FOR IT.  THEY ADVERTISE EUROPEAN MODEL  AND THEY TRY TO UPSELL USA MODEL FOR MORE MONEY.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Adorama has a rebate of  $400 for qualifying purchases
of DSLR Cameras,a PRO-100 printer and photo paper, from 1/1/14
to 3/31/14.

The following bundle is $3499 after the $400 rebate, and there is
1% FWCB. Adorama has their own rewards program @ 2%, 
but I don't know anything about it.

Canon EOS-5D Mark III DSLR Camera 
with Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS Lens - Bundle - with 
32GB Card, Camera Bag, Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Inkjet Printer, 
and Canon SG-201 Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss 13x19" 
50 Sheets

Link to Adorama Rebate form. 

lens will sell for 700. Printer may be 100. Still 2800 after all smoke clears and lot of work. But Adorama is very reputable.  

SCAM alert
So this is what happened. CSR from Abe's of Maine calls and tells me, this was a European version with PAL output instead of NTSC. I was like WTF, cancel the order. He refuses and tells me $2800 for USA model. I paid additional $200, so a total of $2800. I hope they ship a brand new product.
I suggest to stay away. This is very shady business practice. I could have done a charge back,but it was not worth my time.
Stick with Adorama, j.&r, B&H.   They are reputable,  Abe's of Maine, I am going to post all over Yelp, ripoff report and wherever I can.  These shady practices have to be stopped. 

My first clue, years ago, was that "Abe's of Maine" isn't in Maine ...

skidmark said:   My first clue, years ago, was that "Abe's of Maine" isn't in Maine ...
  They are based in NJ.   In days of internet, word gets out real quick. I don't know how can they run business like this. 

I have made purchases from Abe's in the past, and things went fine (granted I never got anything nearly as pricey). Maybe they are doing things differently now... Thanks for warnings.

This was a European version with PAL output instead of NTSC. I was like WTF, cancel the order. He refuses and tells me $2800 for USA model. I paid additional $200, so a total of $2800.

From their web page:
Audio/Video OUT Terminal: (1) Video OUT terminal: NTSC/PAL selectable
 (2) mini-HDMI OUT terminal

Check spec, all video recording resolutions support 50/60 or 25/24/30FPS, so both PAL/NTSC are supported. The store uses same old scam of VHS for advanced digital devices that support all regions? 

Even after paying, order status is sent to ware house. Worst seller out there.

i bought three computers from them a couple of years back, they called me about 2 hours later to up-sell me.
Fairly persistant salesman. I declined everything and they shipped the products

More than a week now and order status is still "Sent to warehouse." Called to cancel, there was a wait for 15minutes and that idiot hung up on me. Finally initiated a chargeback with creditcard. Now faxing crap starts.

Whew!! Finally got my money credited back to my credit card. This whole fiasco started Jan 1, 2014 and after 13 days for trouble just got my money back.

Yeah, I ordered a lens from them.  They've been calling me daily for the upsell call that I refuse to answer.  I emailed customer service and told them to ship the product or cancel.  No word yet (except the phone calls.)

cyfan said:   Yeah, I ordered a lens from them.  They've been calling me daily for the upsell call that I refuse to answer.  I emailed customer service and told them to ship the product or cancel.  No word yet (except the phone calls.)
  Read their policy.  If you cancel the order then they can charge 2-3% as processing charge.  If you return the item 10% restocking.  If you refuse delivery, still 10%.  Cannot return stuff without RMA.  Difficult to get RMA as they don't pickup the phone.  If you select sales, they pick right away.

I finally ordered from B&H, $2999 with printer after rebate.  Will sell printer for around $100-150 and a bonus 32GB SD card.  Above all B&H is an authorized Canon retailer.  Abe's is not.  I have ordered 85mm 1.2L II from B&H before, and they shipped it without any phone calls.

king0fSpades said:   
cyfan said:   Yeah, I ordered a lens from them.  They've been calling me daily for the upsell call that I refuse to answer.  I emailed customer service and told them to ship the product or cancel.  No word yet (except the phone calls.)
  Read their policy.  If you cancel the order then they can charge 2-3% as processing charge.  If you return the item 10% restocking.  If you refuse delivery, still 10%.  Cannot return stuff without RMA.  Difficult to get RMA as they don't pickup the phone.  If you select sales, they pick right away.

I finally ordered from B&H, $2999 with printer after rebate.  Will sell printer for around $100-150 and a bonus 32GB SD card.  Above all B&H is an authorized Canon retailer.  Abe's is not.  I have ordered 85mm 1.2L II from B&H before, and they shipped it without any phone calls.

I'm surprised.  They do this call thing since long ago and they usually take a simple "no" for answer w/o hassle.  Also they used to be on Canon's Authorized Dealers list, and now they're not anymore.

I ordered a Eos 5d mark iii from Abes Of Maine. The sales rep, was particularly very helpful. I called back for a tracking info and found out that there was a confusion with my order. It was resolved immediately, and I was called back in 10 minutes. The product arrived on time and was packed professionally. Love my new camera and a I will definitely be shopping with them again.

You just created a brand new account on FW to post that?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014