Gateway 15.6'' t Target Jan 5-11 $229.99  minus the Red Card 5% off
But I do not think it is a HOT DEAL

Member Summary

Gateway 15.6''
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

can't be worse than the toshibas that are constantly spammed

Gateway 15.6
Disclaimer
yesidonoitall said:   But I do not think it is a HOT DEAL
So why did you post it?

I saw this in the ad four days ago and after seeing it get slammed on SD I was glad I didn't post it, there or here.  For some reason I think it will do well here.

Consensus is the processor is beyond bad.  Too bad as everything else is good for a budget laptop.  Even with the anemic E1-2500 (Passmark 888) I'm sure for many it will be just fine.

For whatever reason Target's low priced Gateways now all have AMD processors.  They used to have Intel.  Remember the two Hot Deals from 2012?  Both had dual core Intel processors.  I got one then.

OP didn't include it so here is the product Link

I gave it green, just because of who the OP is. If the deal gets plenty of green, that means that there will be more people buying them, and less for the OP to buy.

Seriously, though, think twice about buying a really slow laptop. I'm currently typing this on a $200 Celeron 1007U Intel dual-core Asus with Ubuntu. It's about twice as fast as my C-60 Acer netbook.

I think that the processor in the current deal is about halfway between the two. I think that it should be a Kabini, and not a Bobcat, due to the Radeon cores found on it. So that's a good thing. Still can't quite compete with Intel as far as processor performance at a certain clock speed though.

Battery life of 4.5hrs on a 4cell is basically just alright.

I have another 1007U laptop with Win7 64-bit and a 6-cell, and it gets nearly 8 hours to a charge browsing, with an Intel SSD.

VirtuaL said:   I gave it green, just because of who the OP is. If the deal gets plenty of green, that means that there will be more people buying them, and less for the OP to buy.

Seriously, though, think twice about buying a really slow laptop. I'm currently typing this on a $200 Celeron 1007U Intel dual-core Asus with Ubuntu. It's about twice as fast as my C-60 Acer netbook.

I think that the processor in the current deal is about halfway between the two. I think that it should be a Kabini, and not a Bobcat, due to the Radeon cores found on it. So that's a good thing. Still can't quite compete with Intel as far as processor performance at a certain clock speed though.

Battery life of 4.5hrs on a 4cell is basically just alright.

I have another 1007U laptop with Win7 64-bit and a 6-cell, and it gets nearly 8 hours to a charge browsing, with an Intel SSD.

RE:
that means that there will be more people buying them, and less for the OP to buy.

Reseller is an 8 letter word not a 4....

Off to Target in the am,  fpr their Virgin Mobile Event phone deal....
The its dinner at Hometown Buffett.....  ummmmmm

This has no disk drive. I know that's the trend but I would certainly want one in a laptop.

The writeup on Target.com says it has a 750GB HD -- so why are people saying there's no disk?

SelfGovern said:   The writeup on Target.com says it has a 750GB HD -- so why are people saying there's no disk?
  No optical drive.

SelfGovern said:   The writeup on Target.com says it has a 750GB HD -- so why are people saying there's no disk?
That was my techno speak error.

No place to put a CD or DVD.  How's that for non technical .  Kind of funny that you looked up to see if it had a HDD. Even I know all computers have to have some sort of hard drive.  J/K.

My Target had 3, I passed, It was the late in the afternoon and they sold none.
I did clean them out of the VM Event phones w/refill cards

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014