YMMV depends upon local store pricing
LINK
Credit goes to nouserhere @ SD

Member Summary

Pipe Wrench closeout
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

bought a wrench last night, order went thru. i never received the pickup email, so i called them. the order had been canceled, and they never called me to tell me. disappointing

good deal tho (18" kobalt wrench for $10 less than a similar one at home despot). apparently my cancellation was due to inventory

Kobalt 10 inch
Disclaimer
Quite a long list of pipe wrenches but I only found one on sale in my local store. I ordered a 10-inch for $3.95 (reg $7.90)

i found some clearance ones mixed in with non clearance, in the same bin. They pretty much look the same, part numbers and UPC are just about the only thing different. If your store is showing stock, write down the item numbers of the low price ones and do a hard-Target search in store. Look at every one in the bin for that size. I found 4 or 5 recently this way

old style handle
Disclaimer

new style handle
Disclaimer
freakinout said:   i found some clearance ones mixed in with non clearance, in the same bin. They pretty much look the same, part numbers and UPC are just about the only thing different. If your store is showing stock, write down the item numbers of the low price ones and do a hard-Target search in store. Look at every one in the bin for that size. I found 4 or 5 recently this way

the new ones will have a point / V shape on the end of the handle while the older ones (which are on clearance) are flat across the end. - images attached (I hope)

Those cunning pipe wrench designers! Now my 2013 design pipe wrench doesn't have the panache of the new 2014 design. I'm too embarased to even pull my old stodgy pipe wrench from the tool box in case someone saw me with it.

Not to knock a discount, but why would a minor cosmetic change on something like that invoke a clearance?

I could not tell or the iron or alum - it is hard to go back to iron after being spoiled by alums.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014