• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Virgin Mobile
Need a Virgin Mobile coupon that earns $17.50 FatWallet Cash Back?
RadioShack
Need a RadioShack coupon that earns 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE (101.78kB)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Great deal! Thanks.

I got the Sprint version of this phone for $5 and use it on ringplus and it sucks. Lags, thick. I'll need to put a good ROM on it but no way it it worth $79.

Is this tied to a carrier -- e.g. can this be used as a pay as you go phone with TMobile? Intention is to use $5/3months plan and mainly as a mostly-wifi phone that can be used for photo/music/browsing in wifi

Hope this can be rooted to newer Android?

invisible said:   Is this tied to a carrier -- e.g. can this be used as a pay as you go phone with TMobile? Intention is to use $5/3months plan and mainly as a mostly-wifi phone that can be used for photo/music/browsing in wifi

Hope this can be rooted to newer Android?

  
tied to a carrier=yes, Virgin Mobile
used on TMo=No
use as a wifi phone= can do that
Newer Android,=it probably has 4.1.2 on it

Thanks for the info. I need to use minimal monthly plan so current best seems Tmo for $5/90days. Will await other deal that works with Tmo.

Great find OP! I would like to include that free shipping to store is available.

Off to RS in a bit....
However on eBay $99.99

It has 1GB of RAM and a dual core processor, so I imagine that it will run pretty well if you can find a good aftermarket ROM for it.

I have the phone and am generally happy with it. However, it only has about 2gb of free storage on it. You can add an SD card for music/pictures but Android doesn't let you install/move apps to the SD card. I'm guessing there are ways around that but for those not willing to start "rooting" around, so to speak, just be aware. It's not an issue with this phone specifically, but there is very little room for adding apps.

Good price, thank you.

flyingroach said:   I got the Sprint version of this phone for $5 and use it on ringplus and it sucks. Lags, thick. I'll need to put a good ROM on it but no way it it worth $79.
  I'll give you triple what you paid for it.

invisible said:   Is this tied to a carrier -- e.g. can this be used as a pay as you go phone with TMobile? Intention is to use $5/3months plan and mainly as a mostly-wifi phone that can be used for photo/music/browsing in wifi

Hope this can be rooted to newer Android?


What is this $5 TMOB plan you speak of?

Probably an old grandfathered T-Zones...

conncarl said:   
invisible said:   Is this tied to a carrier -- e.g. can this be used as a pay as you go phone with TMobile? Intention is to use $5/3months plan and mainly as a mostly-wifi phone that can be used for photo/music/browsing in wifi

Hope this can be rooted to newer Android?


What is this $5 TMOB plan you speak of?

  standard pay as you go, prepaid -- least cost per month, as min prepaid card is $5 that is valid 90 days instead of 30 days with others, and unused minutes carry over if recharge done before 90 days of previous one, been using since some years now for mainly-wifi phones

invisible said:   
conncarl said:   
invisible said:   Is this tied to a carrier -- e.g. can this be used as a pay as you go phone with TMobile? Intention is to use $5/3months plan and mainly as a mostly-wifi phone that can be used for photo/music/browsing in wifi

Hope this can be rooted to newer Android?


What is this $5 TMOB plan you speak of?

  standard pay as you go, prepaid -- least cost per month, as min prepaid card is $5 that is valid 90 days instead of 30 days with others, and unused minutes carry over if recharge done before 90 days of previous one, been using since some years now for mainly-wifi phones



RE:
as min prepaid card is $5 that is valid 90 days


Where do you get the $5 refill?
 

  

invisible said:   
conncarl said:   
invisible said:   Is this tied to a carrier -- e.g. can this be used as a pay as you go phone with TMobile? Intention is to use $5/3months plan and mainly as a mostly-wifi phone that can be used for photo/music/browsing in wifi

Hope this can be rooted to newer Android?


What is this $5 TMOB plan you speak of?

  standard pay as you go, prepaid -- least cost per month, as min prepaid card is $5 that is valid 90 days instead of 30 days with others, and unused minutes carry over if recharge done before 90 days of previous one, been using since some years now for mainly-wifi phones

  RE:
been using since some years now for mainly-wifi phones


Which phone with wifi requires you have time on the phone?
 

I get $5 refill at spotmobile site or recurring payment setup every 85 days

there is no requirement to have minutes on wifi-smart phone of course but want to have some for use in emergency ... at least cost .... good for kids

still looking for good deals on cheap smart phone w/newer android & 2 cameras that will work with tmobile ... 

I'm still using a dumbphone.

Is Virgin Mobile the best deal for a smart phone with a prepaid plan? $35 for 300 mins and unlimited data/text seems pretty good.

matrix5k said:   I'm still using a dumbphone.

Is Virgin Mobile the best deal for a smart phone with a prepaid plan? $35 for 300 mins and unlimited data/text seems pretty good.

  AFAIK it is if you can get by with the 300 of talk time, keep in mind it does not roll over.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014