• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
LinkyLoo   - Remember that stock changes, so if you don't see a deal on what you're looking for, keep checking back. Expires 1/11/14

Inspiron 11 - 3137 Laptop
Save 30% Coupon code: HQW67KST5QDQTC

Inspiron 15 - 3521
Save 25% Coupon code: 02V1JMVJZ66H9P

XPS 27 - 2720 All-In-One
Save 25% Coupon code: 0JV652VZ4M2196

Inspiron 15R - 5537
Save 25% Coupon code: ?MH9JMRFXM7DV$

XPS 14 Ultrabook
Save 25% Coupon codeD8CRJWG6G92MC$

Inspiron 17R - 5721 Laptop
Save 25%  Coupon code: N?GQBFZWPPXXTC

Refurbished Monitors
Save 30% Coupon code: VD0PZ$FM?722VT

EDIT add 1/9/14

Inspiron 14z or 15z Ultrabook 
Save 25% Coupon code: M56BRN2KM043CG

Inspiron One 2020 (optional touch screen)
Save 30% Coupon code: 8S9C6N?$3WJPTX

XPS 15-L521X
Save 30% Coupon code: D?LK6DG1C0R?2B

XPS 13 Ultrabook - L322X
Save 30% Coupon code: D?LK6DG1C0R?2B

Alienware M17x R3, M18x R2 or M17x R4
Save 25% Coupon code: DZ8XPX38QT$ZW9

STATIC PRICE DEALS

With the exception of the Inspiron 11 and S2440L monitor below (which are in stock at time of posting so I am able to get a straight link), you will have to sort prices.

In order for the coupons below to work, the list price MUST BE the price underlined below.

$265.00 Inspiron 11-3137 on systems priced $445 with code ??S?$46C3FKRSV

$295.00 Inspiron 15-3521  Save $100 on systems priced $395 with code MX6PSQVXLH7TTV

$415.00 Inspiron 14R-5421 Save $130 on systems priced $545 with code H?G084DQLM5Z9X 

$475.00 Inspiron 15R-5537  Save $100 on systems priced $575 with code ?9D25KDSMNZMSV

$525.00 Inspiron 15R-5537 Save $130 on systems priced $655 with code =14px7VQJC50QW0JTDD

$109 Refurbished S2340M 23-inch Full HD Monitor with LED Save $58 when priced $167 with code 70GZ76NWK91KVQ

$119 Refurbished S2440L 24-inch Full HD Monitor with LED  Save $68 when priced $187 with code JSVRP2V0JM$KB6

Dell Consumer
See Dell Consumer promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

laptop
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks, OP. Got one!!

Be aware that at least for the Inspiron 11, the pre discount prices are a fiction, considerably elevated from the normal 379 retail price, so even after the discount, it's not a great deal. 

Also be aware that returning a Dell is an ordeal. I've been trying to return mine for a month. I'm not exaggerating. You can't do it online, you HAVE to speak with a representative. Which means being on hold for ten minutes, then being transferred, then being on hold for God knows how long. The last time was thirty minutes, and I never did get an answer---my cordless phone lost its charge before the call connected. That's happened THREE times now. 

BTW, I'm trying to return one of the same Inspiron 15R-5537's they're offering here and I got it for $350 NEW.

25% off of $600+ for refurbished is an incredible rip-off.

$554.25 + Tax AC, FS, for Dell Inspiron 15R-5537 Touchscreen, 4th gen I7, 8 GB, 1T HDD, Bluetooth, 8x DVD, Win8, 6 cell batt, BUT only Intel HD graphics (no NVIDIA). Wish me luck! My last one suffered from the notorious Dell broken right hinge, which finally caused the whole shebang to short out 6 mos. after the warranty was expired. Fortunately my CC company extended the warranty by another year, and refunded the whole cost. This is the replacement!

android said:   Be aware that at least for the Inspiron 11, the pre discount prices are a fiction, considerably elevated from the normal 379 retail price, so even after the discount, it's not a great deal. 

That's why I stated in OP to keep checking back for good deals. Stock changes, you can find the same configs at many different prices at varying times of the day. When good configs with nice discount (plus add-on extra % discount) are dropped to the system, they can go pretty quick. Anything you see 'sitting around' on their site isn't usually a good deal, as you are seeing.

00sweeney said:   Also be aware that returning a Dell is an ordeal. I've been trying to return mine for a month. I'm not exaggerating. You can't do it online, you HAVE to speak with a representative. Which means being on hold for ten minutes, then being transferred, then being on hold for God knows how long. The last time was thirty minutes, and I never did get an answer---my cordless phone lost its charge before the call connected. That's happened THREE times now. 

BTW, I'm trying to return one of the same Inspiron 15R-5537's they're offering here and I got it for $350 NEW.

Gotta catch them at $250 not $600. Anything sitting around at high prices is stagnant inventory

00sweeney said:   Also be aware that returning a Dell is an ordeal. I've been trying to return mine for a month. I'm not exaggerating. You can't do it online, you HAVE to speak with a representative. Which means being on hold for ten minutes, then being transferred, then being on hold for God knows how long. The last time was thirty minutes, and I never did get an answer---my cordless phone lost its charge before the call connected. That's happened THREE times now. 

I've never had to return to Dell, but I've returned to Dell Outlet no problems. Chat. Next day return box shows up.

gizmo said:   

Gotta catch them at $250 not $600. Anything sitting around at high prices is stagnant inventory

Gizmo, I'm confused. If that's your advice, then why did you post a link to a sale that only has three computers (I checked) that are under $600 and nothing under $450? Are there actual deals to be had, or did you just see "25% off" and decide to post it has a Hot Deal? Because I'm not seeing ANY hot deals on the links you provided. I'm seeing over-priced, unsold Dell merchandise being sold for considerably more than it was selling for a month ago. Care to provide a single link to a computer that has substantial savings? Because their inventory remains unchanged from when you posted. Or are you just gathering FW points for posting?

gizmo said:   

I've never had to return to Dell, but I've returned to Dell Outlet no problems. Chat. Next day return box shows up.

It seems breathtakingly obvious to me that returning a computer to a brick and mortar store would be easier than trying to get through to someone on the phone, but thanks anyway. My point still stands. Remind me never to discuss apples and oranges with you.

gizmo said:   
android said:   Be aware that at least for the Inspiron 11, the pre discount prices are a fiction, considerably elevated from the normal 379 retail price, so even after the discount, it's not a great deal. 

That's why I stated in OP to keep checking back for good deals. Stock changes, you can find the same configs at many different prices at varying times of the day. When good configs with nice discount (plus add-on extra % discount) are dropped to the system, they can go pretty quick. Anything you see 'sitting around' on their site isn't usually a good deal, as you are seeing.

Does anyone have any idea if this is actually true, because from a business standpoint, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Dell wants to sell computers. It's not a game. If they're having a sale, they're going to list all the computers they have for sale. They're not going to add them in bits and spurts so that customers have to check back every ten minutes to find out what's on sale. They're going to be removing items as they sell out, not adding items to the sale. 

Am I completely wrong? I spent a considerable amount of time on several different websites over the last three months looking at deals, and once a sale was announced, I saw deals disappear, but I never saw them added, unless it was clearly spelled out to keep checking back for deals. That doesn't seem to be the case here. Is OP correct? Is this some game Dell is playing to get you to keep checking the site, or do they not care about that and just want to sell the computers they have as quickly as they can?

I may be mistaken, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.

00sweeney said:   

Does anyone have any idea if this is actually true, because from a business standpoint, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

You have certainly mistaken Dell and Dell Outlet.
Dell Outlet sells returned product, sometimes clearance old stock. They can't sell returned product as new, so rather than dumping them, they "inspect" them and re-sell them as refurbished on Dell Outlet for a lower price. This makes a lot of sense.
Whenever there is a new batch of return products after inspection, they add it to the stock and you see on the web.
There are many reasons people return a product, sometimes can be just they don't like it or change their mind. So some refurbished items are good as new, but some might have hidden issue that get passed the "inspection". So, you certainly should check it thoroughly soon after you receive it. So far, I have good experience, last time the XPS 13 I got looked just like new.

00sweeney said:   

Gizmo, I'm confused. If that's your advice, then why did you post a link to a sale that only has three computers (I checked) that are under $600 and nothing under $450? Are there actual deals to be had, or did you just see "25% off" and decide to post it has a Hot Deal? Because I'm not seeing ANY hot deals on the links you provided. I'm seeing over-priced, unsold Dell merchandise being sold for considerably more than it was selling for a month ago. Care to provide a single link to a computer that has substantial savings? Because their inventory remains unchanged from when you posted. Or are you just gathering FW points for posting?

Actually, yes I did get the sale email and decide to post it. Many FWers have gotten great deals from the outlet. I'm sorry if there is not a deal for you at the moment, but their inventory fluctuates as returns come in, orders are cancelled, etc.

P.S. I do not receive points for posting, I post because it is the point of this forum

00sweeney said:   
gizmo said:   

It seems breathtakingly obvious to me that returning a computer to a brick and mortar store would be easier than trying to get through to someone on the phone, but thanks anyway. My point still stands. Remind me never to discuss apples and oranges with you.

Hey, we were talking apples and apples, no one mentioned B&M ?

mcdull said:   
00sweeney said:   

Does anyone have any idea if this is actually true, because from a business standpoint, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

You have certainly mistaken Dell and Dell Outlet.
Dell Outlet sells returned product, sometimes clearance old stock. They can't sell returned product as new, so rather than dumping them, they "inspect" them and re-sell them as refurbished on Dell Outlet for a lower price. This makes a lot of sense.
Whenever there is a new batch of return products after inspection, they add it to the stock and you see on the web.
There are many reasons people return a product, sometimes can be just they don't like it or change their mind. So some refurbished items are good as new, but some might have hidden issue that get passed the "inspection". So, you certainly should check it thoroughly soon after you receive it. So far, I have good experience, last time the XPS 13 I got looked just like new.

Thanks for your reply, and I take your point. I've bought refurbished before. I'm just saying that the SAME computer that they're selling today refurbished, I got brand new last month for $200 less. I also wasn't implying these would be the last computers Dell put on sale.  I'm just doubtful that the link below is being updated with new deals throughout the day. 

Dell's outlet mdse. inventory DOES change during their sales, with additional items added as the sale goes along (for whatever reason!). It is indeed VERY odd. What is even more difficult for shoppers is that they group a number of laptops of a certain model type together, with a "price range" listed for the group. There could be several such groups for the same model number with the same processor, but with similar or differing price ranges. When you open a group, it lists individual laptops by price, with a summary of features for each, BUT THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME FEATURES. Only the price is different. Yikes! Makes it hard to select your bargain of choice. And if you snooze, it will be gone.

If someone knows of a better price for the "scratch & dent" model that I just bought (specs posted previously on this thread), I would REALLY like to know....

Does anyone have any experience with the XPS 14? I was wanting the XPS 13, since it's user ratings are better, but the available stock for the XPS 13 is minimal compared to the XPS 14.

I added some additional codes to OP but the systems / monitors have to be specifically-priced

Out of that list, and at this very moment only the Inspiron 11- 3137 is available for $265 is available. Original price must show $445. Once again, check back as stock changes throughout the day.
Example System Details Linkified 

Processor: Intel Celeron 2955U Processor (2M Cache, 1.4 GHz)
Windows 8
500 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
2GB(1x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Memory
11.6 Inch LED Backlit Touch Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768)
Intel HD Graphics

Added some more codes to OP for:
Inspiron 15z - 5523 Ultrabook
Inspiron One 2020 (optional touch screen)
XPS 15-L521X
XPS 13 Ultrabook - L322X
Alienware M17x R3, M18x R2 or M17x R4

Also, there's some $250ac Inspirons available ATM for those looking for a budget system

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014